PDA

View Full Version : Contract talks for Hoggy

niamh
04/11/2004, 2:40 PM
Hoggy and the club are in talks about a new deal which they hope to have sorted soon (eleven-a-side.com) but what is disturbing is that his current deal runs out next month...
I know he has been injured and it was serious but the club should be aware of others trying to poach him as well. He's a huge talent.

Fair_play_boy
04/11/2004, 2:50 PM
He is studying to qualify as a solicitor, so presumably he is headed for a career as a solicitor. He is a class player, and well worth his place both for his ability and for how well he fits into the current squad.
But will he run into time conflicts between court work and training? I bet this has something to do with it.

Gary
04/11/2004, 2:54 PM
He is doing exams for Blackhall Place which is in Dublin. Im fairly sure that once you pass your exams to get in there, you can defer it off indefinitely.

Maybe once he passes, he will sign full time deal with City, with Blackhall for after his career ends in 10-15 years???

Éanna
04/11/2004, 2:56 PM
I'd love to see him go full-time. Maybe he's waiting until he's qualified. Just as long as we hang onto him- what a player

NorthoftheLee
04/11/2004, 5:10 PM
be hard for him to go to college there and remain with city but I cant see him signing for anyone else...hopefully he'll do what gary was saying.......city should sign him on a 4 year contract at least... the lad is a city legend to be....

SÓC
04/11/2004, 10:13 PM
Yea he can deffer for 5 years before taking up his place. He has to spend at least 13 months of the 3 year total in Dublin once he takes up his place, its not a very demanding course at all though, the tough part is getting in. He cant start til Autum 06 anyway if he hasnt done any Blackhalls yet

joe
05/11/2004, 2:05 PM
Didn't he sign a full-time deal with City a year or more ago?