PDA

View Full Version : Kelvin Flanagan!!!!!!

Citygirl
04/01/2002, 9:48 PM
Waterford United announced before tonights game against Cobh Ramblers that they have signed Kelvin Flanagan from City on a two and a half year deal..............................oh and they've also said that they want to sign colin o'brien on a permanent basis!!!!!!!!!!

Éanna
04/01/2002, 10:12 PM
nice one liam. well done. you're a genius!

:rolleyes:

yan
04/01/2002, 10:55 PM
y oh y is gunther still there

the list of talented players after leaving or not playing is unreal

Jack_2001
04/01/2002, 11:57 PM
we had better keep Colin O Brien or there'll be trouble....

Casegrande
05/01/2002, 1:07 AM
Cheers for the service Kelvin.

Come back for the party when Murphy is gone!

MURPHY OUT

A face
05/01/2002, 1:16 AM
Them two boys are a great addition to any team, there has been alot of movement of players from Waterford recently (the last year) and they probably want to replemish (is that how you spell it, you know what i mean anyway) the squad, by the way, where are Waterford City playing now, are they still at the RSG.

I hate saying it but we seriously need some one midfield to lock horns and the like, i dont like Derek as captain, Hope Liam has someone in mind to get things movin' a bit. Other than that i think we are OK to finish mid-table (taking into account the unwritten wish, .... be done with that heartache string fella upfront, we wont get any three pointers with him prancing about the place, hartigol ... more like Hartyblow it)

I is kinda cissed as a punt right now, Longford or bust ... see you up there and if i dont ... i'll be guessin' you not there, but i'll be wearin' bear googles as well so anything is liable to happen. Ah fu ck it .. i'm off to bed

Bernie
05/01/2002, 9:00 AM
Yes, Kelvin, thanks for the memories.

Important penalties, that Hat-trick up in Sligo, but mostly the cup winning year in '98. Another important goal in the quarter final against Sligo at the 'cross when we were looking shaky.

All the best and hope you can drag that lot into the premier division for next year. We need somewhere to go besides Dublin!!

Pablo
05/01/2002, 4:18 PM
any goss on what this disagreement was?

EL online:

Kelvin Flanagan has left Cork City to begin a new chapter of his career at First Division leaders Waterford United.
Flanagan, who was placed on the City transfer list three weeks ago, has signed a two-and-a-half year contract at the Regional Sports Centre, where he will join former team mate Colin O'Brien.

The 28-year-old midfielder made over 150 appearances for City. He made his debut for the club in 1995, a game which City won 1-0 - against Waterford United at Turner's Cross.

After falling out of favour at Cork this season, the Cashel man was transfer listed by boss Liam Murphy at his own request. "There has been a bit of a disagreement and that's all I really want to say about the matter," Flanagan said at the time.

Éanna
06/01/2002, 4:48 PM
haven't heard anything about it. probably just gunther being his usual self and ****ing people off.

Seanie
07/01/2002, 7:59 AM
Well let's hope that crucial games between now and the end of the season are not decided by a penalty

pete
07/01/2002, 11:43 AM
Its all very well Gunther deciding to release players as he'll be judged on the teams he puts out & the results by we have NO midfield cover now. A couinjuries in the middle of the pitch & we screwed.

Kelvin defensive nature could ensure promotion for waterford as they seem to be scoring a hatful but leaking a lot of goals.

Éanna
07/01/2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by pete
Its all very well Gunther deciding to release players as he'll be judged on the teams he puts out & the results by we have NO midfield cover now. A couinjuries in the middle of the pitch & we screwed.spot on pete.

dalo
07/01/2002, 1:57 PM
losing kelvin was a bad move. he mightn't the greatest player in the world but he is auseful committed player who can score goals.

what is even more worrying is how this might affect spirit in the squad as he was a very popular player with the rest of the squad- a bad move by gunther which would be worsened if colin o'brien is let go

pete
07/01/2002, 4:03 PM
Personally i've aways liked (think a lot of fans do) the comitted player. As i've said before kelvin has never been out best player but usually gave 100% (kinda like napier) & you ask too much more.

Probably why in european football over last couple of years always liked Mendieta or in the past that small norwegian Mild guy.

Éanna
07/01/2002, 5:23 PM
agreed. give me a mendieta over a hagi anyday. no point having skill if you don't try.

Snatch
07/01/2002, 11:50 PM
Was Colin O' Brien on a three month loan? Does anybody know when it comes to an end? I couldn't help noticing that we could do with a rightsided winger. Carey is far better at right back and Bucks and Bennet aren't natural wingers either.

Or will Gunther decide not to let him back at all? :mad:

pete
08/01/2002, 1:15 PM
Well O'Halloran went for a 3 month loan too but started before Colin 1. Gregs loan ended last sunday so i'd say Colin 1 has gotm a couple of weeks left at Waterford yet.

Éanna
08/01/2002, 4:24 PM
from what i hear he's unlikely to be back in the near future if at all.

James
08/01/2002, 4:47 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
from what i hear ....

if you look back through the threads and postings by said member..these are the most used words..well those and

Originally posted by Éanna
I was talking to ....

jeeze man ease up on the fooking name dropping its getting real annoying..i think we all know at this stage that you know gareth cronin...and ambush other players at any given opportunity

Éanna
08/01/2002, 4:50 PM
james none of that info came from gareth, and i don't think he'd appreciate you insinuating it had.

it came from other sources-so i know MORE than ONE person :D

Neil
08/01/2002, 4:57 PM
Use Private Message for chatting lads.

Éanna
08/01/2002, 5:04 PM
james, thats cheeky- editing your post after i replied to it.

ccfcman
12/01/2002, 9:59 PM
i never really liked kelvins style of play bu fcuk it was effecient and it worked..cheers kelvin but im afraid to say well never see you again