PDA

View Full Version : johnny no fans

Pages : [1] 2

paddigol
04/11/2004, 2:35 PM
are there no rovers fans on this site?
With all the positive things happening there at the moment I would have thought there would be a bit more activity here. Where do they all post?
Looks like exciting times ahead at rovers. Maybe the official site will liven up a bit too - its pretty dead at the moment.

anto eile
04/11/2004, 2:41 PM
thers nothing positive happening at Rovers. even the supposed tallaght good news is a smokescreen from the board. see www.srfcultras.com for all the gory "real" details

onceahoop
04/11/2004, 7:49 PM
thers nothing positive happening at Rovers. even the supposed tallaght good news is a smokescreen from the board. see www.srfcultras.com for all the gory "real" details

They always put out a "good news" story before a bad one. To-day is a bad day for Shamrock Rovers as bad as the day Kilcoyne pulled the ground from under our feet. They can bleat all they want about him being a free agent but what hapened to "my word is my bond". Is their no morality left in football. Tony Maguire is as guilty as Collins in this regard. If Rovers hadn't got the money (if they even have it) would Collins have gone. I think he actually forgot to read the small print and the picture isn't a srosy as he thinks.

Éanna
04/11/2004, 8:58 PM
anto eile,the ultras forum isn't working on www.srfcultras.com anymore- try either going to www.srfcultras.net and hit the forum link, or try here (http://www.aimoo.com/forum/login/login.cfm?id=606830)

jimhacker
05/11/2004, 9:22 AM
What Rovers need most of all (apart from a pitch) is strong, positive and respected management both at board level and on the football side - they haven't got it; and the Collins move is probably the worst possible oneas the last thing they need is a spiv at the helm.

NY Hoop
05/11/2004, 10:15 AM
They always put out a "good news" story before a bad one. To-day is a bad day for Shamrock Rovers as bad as the day Kilcoyne pulled the ground from under our feet. They can bleat all they want about him being a free agent but what hapened to "my word is my bond". Is their no morality left in football. Tony Maguire is as guilty as Collins in this regard. If Rovers hadn't got the money (if they even have it) would Collins have gone. I think he actually forgot to read the small print and the picture isn't a srosy as he thinks.

No offense but that is utter garbage. Roddy hadnt signed a contract so Rovers were well within their rights to talk to him. We have been royally ****ed over before and didnt create the moanfest seery has created.

Morals?! Are you joking? There are no morals in this country and if any league has no morals it is this one. Look at the absolute gamgsters in charge of clubs over the years from scum kilcoyne to ollie and you talk about morals!Geoghegan and Byrne signed for shels in 94 while under contract with us. Seery said "**** Rovers" at start of the season when we tried to get tolka. What goes around comes around...........

KOH

drummerboy
05/11/2004, 10:45 AM
I think Noel Synnott broke his ankle and this forced the hand of the Rovers board to go out and get Roddy. I thought Synnott would have went when Liam Buckley was sacked.

Colm
05/11/2004, 11:47 AM
Morals?! Are you joking? There are no morals in this country and if any league has no morals it is this one. Look at the absolute gamgsters in charge of clubs over the years from scum kilcoyne to ollie and you talk about morals!Geoghegan and Byrne signed for shels in 94 while under contract with us. Seery said "**** Rovers" at start of the season when we tried to get tolka. What goes around comes around...........

Yeah I agree.
I actually can't believe the flak Rovers are getting over this considering some of the 'antics' that the likes of Ollie Byrne and Seery to a lesser extent get up to.

SÓC
05/11/2004, 11:59 AM
Dead on

How Seery City can complain with the way he runs his ego project is beyond me

onceahoop
06/11/2004, 8:58 AM
No offense but that is utter garbage. Roddy hadnt signed a contract so Rovers were well within their rights to talk to him. We have been royally ****ed over before and didnt create the moanfest seery has created.

KOH

Does tha fact that "there are no morals in this country" make it right what happened. If we can't have some sort of parameters or morals around how we conduct our business then we can all fold our tent and watch the free for all end in chaos.

CollegeTillIDie
06/11/2004, 9:15 AM
If the so called leading clubs in the country cannot behave in an ethical manner there is no hope for the game . No wonder the FAI is in turmoil. More back stabbers than Saturday night outside a nightclub in Dublin and one in Limerick combined ! But going into debt and having your football ground sold out from under you does not appear to prevent people being elected president of the FAI.

As regards Dublin City being professional , paying your players week in and week out and not issuing rubber cheques is I suppose a very amateurish way to conduct your business. And I suppose, not signing players you cannot afford is also a crime. Living within your means is clearly a crime in football.
:(

And shafting smaller clubs when you have no ground of your own....yet is at best not wise, at worst shooting yourself in the foot ! Till you have a home of your own , you should not **** on your fellow clubs.. if ever!

As regards tapping players ROvers have been doing this since the 1920's. One only has to think back to 1985 when half the Bohs team ended up at Rovers.

Terry Phelan
06/11/2004, 12:28 PM
well said collegetillidie!

seagulls4ever
06/11/2004, 12:43 PM
hahahaha. fu cked if i'm reading all the crap in that thread, but what a class title!

NY Hoop
08/11/2004, 2:53 PM
If the so called leading clubs in the country cannot behave in an ethical manner there is no hope for the game . No wonder the FAI is in turmoil. More back stabbers than Saturday night outside a nightclub in Dublin and one in Limerick combined ! But going into debt and having your football ground sold out from under you does not appear to prevent people being elected president of the FAI.

As regards Dublin City being professional , paying your players week in and week out and not issuing rubber cheques is I suppose a very amateurish way to conduct your business. And I suppose, not signing players you cannot afford is also a crime. Living within your means is clearly a crime in football.
:(

And shafting smaller clubs when you have no ground of your own....yet is at best not wise, at worst shooting yourself in the foot ! Till you have a home of your own , you should not **** on your fellow clubs.. if ever!

As regards tapping players ROvers have been doing this since the 1920's. One only has to think back to 1985 when half the Bohs team ended up at Rovers.

Am very surprised at your sudden anti Rovers pro CHF drive. I repeat there are no morals or ethics in the game. Dont be conned by this **** seery. They are being propped up by him and his cronies because they have no income. No fans = no club. We didnt shaft any club. Get real. For the billionth time Roddy had no written contract. And as regards tapping players EVERY club does it. Get over it.

KOH

CollegeTillIDie
08/11/2004, 11:55 PM
NY Hoop

I am not anti-Rovers, at all. I am as pleased as anyone can be about the developments regarding the investment and it finally looks like you are going to be playing in Tallaght sometime before we are all dead!
With the Luas running now no-one in Dublin has an excuse for missing away games against the Hoops... What I had and continue to have a problem with is the perception that is perfectly Ok to schitt on so called smaller clubs!

Not content with tapping players while they are still in contract it seems everything and everyone seems to be fair game as far as the so called bigger clubs are concered. With rumours of one CEO being on his way to Tolka Park next season to beat the band. Hopefully that last one is untrue.

Dublin City have a right to exist. They were promoted fairly and squarely last season and if they do go down it will be on merit.

But this episode is despicable. If for no other reason other than common courtesy Rovers Chairman should have told Ronan Seery that Collins was being signed by them. Collins chickened out of telling Seery where he was going. So all in all Rovers come out of this with very little credit.

Leaving a sinking ship to one that is holed and treading water is baffling.

P.S. Get well soon Pat Dunne

Ringo
09/11/2004, 7:50 AM
Seery said "**** Rovers" at start of the season when we tried to get tolka. What goes around comes around...........

KOH

Lets put that one straight for a start. We had signed the deal on Tolka at the end of the last season, because of the Uefa licence. Rovers came a couple of weeks before the start of the new season, looking for Dublin City to move out. No one wanted Rovers as a tenant, because of your $cumbag fans & your boards reputation for paying no one.

NY Hoop
09/11/2004, 10:31 AM
NY Hoop

I am not anti-Rovers, at all. I am as pleased as anyone can be about the developments regarding the investment and it finally looks like you are going to be playing in Tallaght sometime before we are all dead!
With the Luas running now no-one in Dublin has an excuse for missing away games against the Hoops... What I had and continue to have a problem with is the perception that is perfectly Ok to schitt on so called smaller clubs!

Not content with tapping players while they are still in contract it seems everything and everyone seems to be fair game as far as the so called bigger clubs are concered. With rumours of one CEO being on his way to Tolka Park next season to beat the band. Hopefully that last one is untrue.

Dublin City have a right to exist. They were promoted fairly and squarely last season and if they do go down it will be on merit.

But this episode is despicable. If for no other reason other than common courtesy Rovers Chairman should have told Ronan Seery that Collins was being signed by them. Collins chickened out of telling Seery where he was going. So all in all Rovers come out of this with very little credit.

Leaving a sinking ship to one that is holed and treading water is baffling.

P.S. Get well soon Pat Dunne

Its not necessarily ****ting on smaller clubs. ALL clubs get it. We were tapped for judas grant last season while he was under contract. I'm sure every club has a similar story. Yet we didnt start a huge moanfest over it.

On another point CHF have no right to exist IMO. How the league can let in another Dublin club when the 5 there already are struggling for support is beyond me. I repeat no fans = no club.

Common courtesy in a league with ollie byrne. Hope you're joking.

As regards seery's whining he is beginning to sound like the aforementioned convict. Christ he wanted to suspend their last 3 games! I have never heard anything so ridiculous. This from a guy who talks about morals and ethics. Tell that to Martin Bayly who he fired after 3 games a few seasons back. In the home farm days he was barred from the bar in tolka. What an utterly deluded idiot.

A draw tonight and bye bye to bad rubbish. NOBODY will miss them. BTW congrats on UCD getting promoted. A real club with tradition and fans.

KOH

joeSoap
09/11/2004, 10:42 AM
KOH, it must be absolutely terrible to go around all the time bearing this massive persecution complex.The fact of the matter is that ye are the most hated club in the country by a mile, primarily down to a particular element of bad fans, but also because of the despotic attitudes over the years of ye're many different boards of directors.The decision as to how many dublin clubs there are in the EL is not down to you, so get off your high horse and stop denying clubs the right to exist. You have no right to do so, especially as Rovers have gone cap in hand to people themselves for long enough, and should not be in existence themselves today if they practiced what they preached.

Is Shoddy Collins going to attract fans?? I doubt it very much. Is the way ye conduct ye're business affairs going to endear new fans to the club?? I doubt it very much.

:ball:
And I'd much rather have a small core of loyal true fans than a thousand or more scumbags any day....even if it meant relegation or going out of senior soccer.

Ringo
09/11/2004, 10:55 AM
On another point CHF have no right to exist IMO. How the league can let in another Dublin club when the 5 there already are struggling for support is beyond me. I repeat no fans = no club.
A draw tonight and bye bye to bad rubbish. NOBODY will miss them. BTW congrats on UCD getting promoted. A real club with tradition and fans.

KOH

1) Dublin City have no right to exist? what reasons :confused:
2)There isn't any clubs trying to get into the league :rolleyes:
3)congrats on UCD getting promoted. A real club with tradition and fans. :D LOL

We won't be going anywhere , if were in The First division, were still part of the league. The league needs two divisions to survive, it makes it interesting.

joeSoap
09/11/2004, 11:06 AM
3)congrats on UCD getting promoted. A real club with tradition and fans.

I think the sarcasm has flown right over your head on this one Ringo....

observer
09/11/2004, 11:23 AM
Snap ! The perfect match. The most hated manager in the league, goes to the club with the most hated supporters in the league, where all are presided over by a board of directors who have proven in the past weeks that they are lacking any form of integrity or morals whatsoever.
What a combination. I have no doubt that the genuine old Shamrock Rover supporters, and the clubs legendary old stars, must now realise that the only thing which can preserve the clubs good name and reputation is for this shower of thugs to change their title to Tallagh United.

Terry Phelan
09/11/2004, 11:30 AM
They say like always attracts like,this sayin was never more true concerning roddy collins joining rovers.There well matched for each other.If after a season collins doesnt win anything,he'l probably just walk out anyway.He's a coward!
After all,theres not many managers that talk about another/better job on the day of an appointment of a new job.Who does he think he is?He'l never manage the ireland team,i've as much a chance :rolleyes:

scumbags attract scumbags i guess!!..................

manic da hoop
09/11/2004, 11:44 AM
I'd much rather have a small core of loyal true fans than a thousand or more scumbags any day....even if it meant relegation or going out of senior soccer.

Yes, this league should contain more clubs like Dublin City (and Limerick), and less like Shamrock Rovers - it would be so much better then

NY Hoop
09/11/2004, 12:21 PM
KOH, it must be absolutely terrible to go around all the time bearing this massive persecution complex.The fact of the matter is that ye are the most hated club in the country by a mile, primarily down to a particular element of bad fans, but also because of the despotic attitudes over the years of ye're many different boards of directors.The decision as to how many dublin clubs there are in the EL is not down to you, so get off your high horse and stop denying clubs the right to exist. You have no right to do so, especially as Rovers have gone cap in hand to people themselves for long enough, and should not be in existence themselves today if they practiced what they preached.

Is Shoddy Collins going to attract fans?? I doubt it very much. Is the way ye conduct ye're business affairs going to endear new fans to the club?? I doubt it very much.

:ball:
And I'd much rather have a small core of loyal true fans than a thousand or more scumbags any day....even if it meant relegation or going out of senior soccer.

Major shock that you, observer and terryphelan are on here. I dont have a persecution complex. That would be seery. Its you lot with your anti Rovers obsession. Tell me if it rains is that Rovers fans, Rovers directors or Roddys fault? Grow up and get out more.

I never said the decision on how many clubs in the league was down to me. DOH! I was merely giving my opinion. I would say you being a limerick fan should get off your high horse. Like in the 80s ye never had trouble.

Is shoddy going to attract fans? Absolutely. There was probably an extra few hundred on the gate friday just to see him fail. How sad is that btw? The man is a publicity machine. Maybe he will walk out next year but we wont be whinging and moaning if he does. Thats why we are trying to get him to sign a contract.

Just shows your ignorance if you think we have a "thousand or more scumbags". Yet you claim that the scumbags are in a minority.

KOH

CollegeTillIDie
10/11/2004, 11:40 PM
To be fair here

The problem is that at most clubs inside the country and overseas... the scumbags are the first supporters to trail off and stop coming to matches when the results go pear shaped.

The handful of scumbags who follow Rovers, are a lot more loyal than your average EL scumbag supporter of other clubs. SO they have continued to turn up at matches even during this long losing streak.

The other problem is many people at Rovers know who the scumbag fans are and successive boards have not taken erffective action to stop them dragging their clubs name through the mud

observer
11/11/2004, 9:45 AM
Arguably the present Rovers board have done more in the last 2 weeks to drag the clubs name through the mud then all the thugs and scumbags who masquerade as supporters could ever achieve.

CollegeTillIDie
12/11/2004, 11:26 PM
Observer

Could not have put it any better myself!

NY Hoop
15/11/2004, 3:05 PM
Arguably the present Rovers board have done more in the last 2 weeks to drag the clubs name through the mud then all the thugs and scumbags who masquerade as supporters could ever achieve.

Garbage as usual. It's been the ONLY good thing thr board have done and AGAIN they did nothing illegal. As Roddy said "It's great waking up each morning in the knowledge that I'm managing the most famous club in the 32 counties".

In footballing terms he's gone from aldershot to Juventus. Would you turn down a promotion in your work?

KOH

tiktok
15/11/2004, 3:21 PM
AGAIN they did nothing illegal.

With Hoop on this one, Roddy wasn't under contract at DCFC so was perfectly entitled to walk. It mightn't have shown Roddy himself in the best light, but Rovers did nothing wrong.

Seery getting on his high horse afterwards (while at the same time alledgedly approaching a Kildare County player who was under contract to sign him) smacks of Double standards and sour grapes.

NY Hoop
15/11/2004, 3:41 PM
Double standards and sour grapes.[/QUOTE]

In this league?! In Ireland?!! NEVER EVER :D

KOH

Ringo
15/11/2004, 3:57 PM
In footballing terms he's gone from aldershot to Juventus. KOH

Juventus :D :D :D

WeAreRovers
15/11/2004, 4:16 PM
Juventus :D :D :D

Slightly OTT alright yet I notice you didn't argue with Aldershot comparison. ;)

KOH

manic da hoop
16/11/2004, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I think we're being a little too disrespectful to Aldershot in compairing them to CHF!

Passive
20/11/2004, 4:18 PM
NY's point is valid in that Home Farm and UCD were only admitted into the league because of their links with the FAI. Having four clubs in the capital is pushing it, six is a joke. Why not go back to the old days of Reds United, Rathmines, Jacobs etc?

Anyway, NY Hoop, Manic, WAR, there's no point in arguing with people's whose only reply is, 'Rovers fans are scum'. It's completely mindless and shows not even a basic understanding of SRFC.

CollegeTillIDie
21/11/2004, 12:39 AM
NY's point is valid in that Home Farm and UCD were only admitted into the league because of their links with the FAI. Having four clubs in the capital is pushing it, six is a joke. Why not go back to the old days of Reds United, Rathmines, Jacobs etc?

Anyway, NY Hoop, Manic, WAR, there's no point in arguing with people's whose only reply is, 'Rovers fans are scum'. It's completely mindless and shows not even a basic understanding of SRFC.

Home Farm were admitted to the League because the once great Drumcondra were incapable of running their affairs off the field properly in 1972. Sam Prole sold Tolka to Home Farm and in their first season they were called Home Farm-Drumcondra.

U.C.D. were admitted to the League in 1979 because the once great Cork Celtic were incapable of running their affairs properly.

There are 6 clubs in Dublin for one simple reason . According to the 2002 Census ;One third of the Population of Ireland live in Dublin. And 6/22 is less than one third of the Clubs in the League. So the ratio is about right.

max power
21/11/2004, 2:35 AM
There are 6 clubs in Dublin for one simple reason . According to the 2002 Census ;One third of the Population of Ireland live in Dublin. And 6/22 is less than one third of the Clubs in the League. So the ratio is about right.

i take it that census wasn't taken at the weekend.......

CollegeTillIDie
21/11/2004, 10:51 AM
i take it that census wasn't taken at the weekend.......

actually it was taken on a Sunday night April 29 2002 if I recall correctly, so all the mullahs would have been back in Dublin after the weekend :p

CollegeTillIDie
21/11/2004, 10:53 AM
Max power

Besides there will soon only be 5 teams in Dublin, when Rovers move to Tallaght( capital of South COUNTY Dublin ) they will become another country team :D

NY Hoop
22/11/2004, 11:30 AM
Forget stats 5 capital teams is more than enough. There simply are not enough players or fans around. Look at jokeshop fc, sorry CHF or whatever they are calling themselves this season. Yesterday they had about 10 fans seriously. That is criminal. They should not be in the league full stop.

KOH

Ringo
22/11/2004, 2:37 PM
Forget stats 5 capital teams is more than enough. There simply are not enough players or fans around. Look at jokeshop fc, sorry CHF or whatever they are calling themselves this season. Yesterday they had about 10 fans seriously. That is criminal. They should not be in the league full stop.

KOH

at the end of the day thepublic will decide. The amount of fans there from shamrock Scumbags was Pathetic. The fact the DCFC had to hire extra Stewerts & The amount of Gardai was Criminal. You need to sort yourselves out, your giving soccer a bad name. The costs of keeping you animals in your cages is costing the league & the clubs too much. Any wonder everyone hates you & your lying scumbag manager. What was he like , with his bodyguard,pathetic.

WeAreRovers
22/11/2004, 3:26 PM
at the end of the day thepublic will decide. The amount of fans there from shamrock Scumbags was Pathetic. The fact the DCFC had to hire extra Stewerts & The amount of Gardai was Criminal. You need to sort yourselves out, your giving soccer a bad name. The costs of keeping you animals in your cages is costing the league & the clubs too much. Any wonder everyone hates you & your lying scumbag manager. What was he like , with his bodyguard,pathetic.

Fair play mate, at least you're not bitter. ;)

KOH

Pablo
22/11/2004, 3:29 PM
So was there a massive protest by the Home Farm fans? :D

NY Hoop
22/11/2004, 3:39 PM

Note how this saddo didnt argue with the amount of fans I said? Also you crank you'll love this. For the second time this season we got in for free :D cos it would pain me to give money to that REAL scumbag seery.

Enjoy gortakeegan. Bye bye

KOH

Ringo
22/11/2004, 4:16 PM
Note how this saddo didnt argue with the amount of fans I said? Also you crank you'll love this. For the second time this season we got in for free :D cos it would pain me to give money to that REAL scumbag seery.

Enjoy gortakeegan. Bye bye

KOH

The argument on the amount of fans was worth the effort.
saddo & crank
Attack the post not the poster ;)

dougdub
27/11/2004, 12:21 AM
Shamrock Rovers for years have been "The most successful club in Irish football" but the supporters have let the club down big time. Going forward at Rovers will mean catching up with Bohs/Cork/Shels/Pats for at least 5 years so I wish them the best of luck cause there goin to need it !!

Roddy "I'll manage Ireland one day" ha ha lol

Sorry just had to add the Roddy bit :D

CollegeTillIDie
27/11/2004, 9:46 AM
Shamrock Rovers for years have been "The most successful club in Irish football" but the supporters have let the club down big time. Going forward at Rovers will mean catching up with Bohs/Cork/Shels/Pats for at least 5 years so I wish them the best of luck cause there goin to need it !!

Roddy "I'll manage Ireland one day" ha ha lol

Sorry just had to add the Roddy bit :D

Until they actually move into Tallaght they are catching up with UCD and Bray Wanderers to be accurate!

Ringo
29/11/2004, 7:39 AM
Roddy says he'll be in England 3 days a week for the next few weeks looking for players :rolleyes: . sounds familiar. wonder if he'll be looking for a job at the same time :rolleyes:

NY Hoop
29/11/2004, 12:01 PM
Roddy says he'll be in England 3 days a week for the next few weeks looking for players :rolleyes: . sounds familiar. wonder if he'll be looking for a job at the same time :rolleyes:

Get over it. You have a complete nutter of a manager now. Concentrate on ahem "supporting" him til he legs it too.

BTW your official site's match reports are unbelievable and as for the guestbook :D :eek:

KOH

joey B
29/11/2004, 12:19 PM
Serry says in his guest book he dosent talk crap .what a load a crap every word he says is crap.

Ringo
29/11/2004, 1:01 PM
Get over it.
KOH

Well over it, mate. just pointing out the usual pattern with Roddy. Last week the team were great, this week he's back in England looking for more players. Judging by the $hite he brought into Dublin City, i'd be worried if i were you. :D