Drogs v Sligo
Pats v Bray
UCD v Shams.

1st div

Galway v Longford
Finn harps v Waterford
Shels v Wex Yths

Cobh r v Shams b(sat)

Battle of the new managers/managerless at United Park,Galwegians v Lonnggggforrrd huge match in the 1st

outspoken
24/06/2014, 10:02 AM
Biggest game of the first division season so far in Galway on Friday night and in expecting a thriller. 3-2 to de town my prediction with Davy O'Sullivan to finally equal Richie Parson's all time goal scoring record for the club.

Trainee
25/06/2014, 9:23 PM
Ryan Manning is out injured for about 4 weeks which is a big loss for Galway

outspoken
26/06/2014, 11:30 AM
Ryan Manning is out injured for about 4 weeks which is a big loss for Galway

And rice is out for us, perhaps the 2 most influential players from each side gone, a draw on the cards.

vinnie
26/06/2014, 12:11 PM
And rice is out for us, perhaps the 2 most influential players from each side gone, a draw on the cards.

How's Ricer getting on with yiz this season ? was sad to see him leave Rovers

Terry
26/06/2014, 1:33 PM
I wouldn't say that about manning. We haven't lost a match since April 11th and he has missed a large portion of that through exams, etc. On a plus we have the influential Alan Murphy back from injury.

Olander
26/06/2014, 3:42 PM
Manning is undoubtedly a great talent but is out of the team on merit, Keegan and Walsh have been doing the business and I have my doubts about whether he would have started even if he was fit.

All the same, he would have been a serious player to spring from the bench.

outspoken
26/06/2014, 6:19 PM
How's Ricer getting on with yiz this season ? was sad to see him leave Rovers

Only way to describe the man is a royals Royce, what a player to have at the club.

outspoken
26/06/2014, 6:20 PM
Manning is undoubtedly a great talent but is out of the team on merit, Keegan and Walsh have been doing the business and I have my doubts about whether he would have started even if he was fit.

All the same, he would have been a serious player to spring from the bench.

Walsh is a fantastic footballer alright, always look forward to seeing him play (apart when he scores against us)

gufcfan
27/06/2014, 12:31 AM
Only way to describe the man is a royals Royce

An expensive luxury that does the same job as anything else with 4 wheels?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
27/06/2014, 8:11 AM
Drogheda are surely a good bet at 6/1 to beat us.

http://www.sligorovers.com/news/14/jun/team-news-drogheda-game

PartySaint
27/06/2014, 9:23 AM
Drogheda are surely a good bet at 6/1 to beat us.

http://www.sligorovers.com/news/14/jun/team-news-drogheda-game

Any word on a new Drogs manager?

Charlie Darwin
27/06/2014, 10:15 AM
Any word on a new Drogs manager?
Darius Kierans.

Longfordian
27/06/2014, 5:19 PM
This seems like the best place to put this I guess. Just saw on Twitter that Shels' Keith Quinn has been banned for 5 games for..threatening Cobh fans who spent the whole game calling him Sherman. I really, really hope it's true.

Charlie Darwin
27/06/2014, 5:37 PM
That can't possibly be true. It would be too funny.

Pablo Escobar
27/06/2014, 5:47 PM
What, a Shels player acting up? Never......

Seriously though, I laughed when I read that.

Longfordian
27/06/2014, 6:17 PM

The guy who said it wasn't joking as far as I can tell but these things do get exaggerated. He did something stupid anyway as it was a "non card offence". He's also a very hot headed young man who could be wound up easily.

Charlie Darwin
27/06/2014, 7:33 PM
HT

Bohs 0 - 1 Athlone
Cork 1 - 0 Limerick
Derry 1 - 1 Dundalk
Drogs 1 - 2 Sligo
Pats 1 - 1 Bray
UCD 0 - 2 Rovers

Galway 0 - 2 Longford

Charlie Darwin
27/06/2014, 7:35 PM
Andrews sent off for Drogs right on half time. Really trying to impress the new manager.

jinxy lilywhite
27/06/2014, 7:59 PM
2-1 Derry

Longfordian
27/06/2014, 8:25 PM
Town 3-0 up in Galway.

Charlie Darwin
27/06/2014, 8:28 PM
Come on Derry! Hanging on with ten men, five minutes to go.

BonnieShels
27/06/2014, 8:34 PM
3-0 boom... on we go.

Longfordian
27/06/2014, 8:42 PM
3-0 boom... on we go.

Big one next Saturday. We couldn't be in better form really. We haven't let in a goal for something like 6 games I think.

oriel
27/06/2014, 9:39 PM
Sounds like a get out of jail card from Dundalk tonight, still fair pay going for it and getting an equaliser in the 95th min. Good man Richie. Have to be happy with that point and especially with Hoban making his comeback as a sub.

Disappointment for a bus load of Dlk fans who's coach broke down in Aughnacloy, nothing worse heading to a game and that happens. I don't think they made it.

adamd164
27/06/2014, 10:29 PM
Happy with another 3 points, Limerick didn't put up much of a fight but we played some nice stuff...should have scored more.

Josh O'Shea, a young player we've signed off UCC recently, came on and looked electric, definitely one to watch.

Nesta99
27/06/2014, 10:42 PM
Sounds like a get out of jail card from Dundalk tonight, still fair pay going for it and getting an equaliser in the 95th min. Good man Richie. Have to happy with that point and especially with Hoban making his comeback as a sub.

Disappointment for a bus load of Dlk fans who's coach broke down in Aughnacloy, nothing worse heading to a game and that happens. I don't think they made it.

Great point, and once again a very late goal to smash and grab! Yup very annoying for the guys travelling to the game not to make it, bus broke down on the way home once at Castlebellingham (Anchor tours bus nearly had us passing out with fumes that evening back in 1994). Taxi men made a few bob getting us the rest of the way home. Thank goodness there are no French strikers, and not of the footballing variety, to hinder travel to the next match!

nigel-harps1954
27/06/2014, 10:51 PM
Decent game in Finn Park. Waterford were awful going forward, absolutely awful. Well taken goal by Ruairi Keating for Harps, really hope we can hold on to him for the rest of the season, would be a massive loss for us, especially with that win keeping us in touch with the play-off chasers.

White Horse
27/06/2014, 11:34 PM
Dundalk deserved the equaliser. They kept playing football but lacked an attacking focal point given the absence of McMillan and Hoban (for most of the game). Derry should fine Byrne for his needless off the ball assault on Hoban. Byrne let down his team mates badly. Poor officiating as well throughout the game. The amount of inexplicable decisions against both teams was staggering.

Charlie Darwin
27/06/2014, 11:50 PM
I didn't realise Hoban was back already. Any use? I'd imagine you'll need him in Europe, although maybe not so much against the Luxembourg team.

White Horse
27/06/2014, 11:58 PM
I was surprised to see him back so quickly. We need him alright, he's the only player we have who can hold the ball up. He was only on when Byrne laid him out. After that, Derry understandably parked the bus, so Hoban had limited available space.

Charlie Darwin
28/06/2014, 12:02 AM
Was it a straight red? In any of the games I've seen Hoban against Rovers he doesn't really play as a hold-up man, more of a fulcrum for the counter-attack, but I wasn't at the games in Oriel so maybe it was different. I'd say against Split (I assume you'll get there, you should) he will have to do a lot more donkey work.

oriel
28/06/2014, 12:02 AM
We'll have Hoban and McMillan available for EL next Tuesday. McMillan will miss out on another league game though

Hoban came on as a second half sub, I wasn't at the game but heard his first involvement resulted in the sending off for Byrne. I'm not sure how Hoban played but it was good news he is back after just over 3 weeks.

White Horse
28/06/2014, 12:14 AM
Was it a straight red?

Straight red. Hoban just on and Byrne decks him off the ball. I suspect it was his idea of retribution after the clash of heads that left Ryan McBride in hospital after the game in Oriel Park.

Charlie Darwin
28/06/2014, 12:20 AM
Decked him as in punched him? Jesus, they must have thought they were back in GAA.

Dunny
28/06/2014, 12:24 AM
Straight red. Hoban just on and Byrne decks him off the ball. I suspect it was his idea of retribution after the clash of heads that left Ryan McBride in hospital after the game in Oriel Park.
And that moment of madness from Byrne ultimately cost Derry all 3 points and he was playing a stormer until then.Crazy thing to do.

White Horse
28/06/2014, 12:29 AM
Decked him as in punched him? Jesus, they must have thought they were back in GAA.

It was an elbow. The Ball was switched out wide and while he thought no-one was looking he swung an elbow into Hoban's jaw. The linesman spotted it and told the ref. Utterly stupid from Byrne as Derry were really playing well at this point. The wonder goal from Duffy gave the team and their fans great confidence. At that stage, I could see no way back for Dundalk.

Charlie Darwin
28/06/2014, 1:06 AM
That's insane. You'd expect better from someone who's been playing fully professional football for a decade.

CityRebel
28/06/2014, 9:03 AM
Scouts from Arsenal and Wigan, and the Ireland assistant manager in attendance at the Cross last night.

patrickccfc
28/06/2014, 9:18 AM
Scouts from Arsenal and Wigan, and the Ireland assistant manager in attendance at the Cross last night.
If mark O'Sullivan was younger he'd be gone the lad is top quality.. wonder who they were looking at I'm thinking buckley or lenihan both of whom would be huge losses if something was to materialize.. were on quiet a run of form now with a tricky game in Sligo next week to come but the way were going there should be no fear going up there

Pablo Escobar
28/06/2014, 9:27 AM
If mark O'Sullivan was younger he'd be gone the lad is top quality.. wonder who they were looking at I'm thinking buckley or lenihan both of whom would be huge losses if something was to materialize.. were on quiet a run of form now with a tricky game in Sligo next week to come but the way were going there should be no fear going up there
It has to be Lenihan. The guy is better than anything in this league. It'll be a big blow to is when he does go and it'll be soon I'd say. He'll be in the full international setup in the not too distant future.

adamd164
28/06/2014, 10:27 AM
Arsenal had a scout watching him last night.. so hopefully we'll net a few quid if and when Lenihan goes. Roy Keane was there too actually.

Edit: oops posted already.

Iarlaith Davoren or John Kavanagh can come into the starting XI without weakening the back line much though.

Jofspring
28/06/2014, 10:27 AM

Scouts from Birmingham also.

adamd164
28/06/2014, 11:39 AM
All the celebs were there it seems..

DM @DavidMeyler7 (https://twitter.com/DavidMeyler7) ยท 14h (https://twitter.com/DavidMeyler7/status/482646449478717440) Enjoyed the @CorkCityFC (https://twitter.com/CorkCityFC) match tonight with @PKelogs (https://twitter.com/PKelogs) great win!

ATFC-1887
28/06/2014, 12:47 PM
Very disappointed not to hold on to our 2-0 lead but to be fair we done nothing in the 2nd half. Bohs could of had more than one penalty, but both their goals were because of some shocking defending by us. Still though its another point towards safety and we are slowly creeping back into it.

Longfordian
28/06/2014, 1:04 PM
Some hit from Mark Salmon for us last night

http://youtu.be/vWu-P2o5Ozo

bluewhitearmy
28/06/2014, 5:47 PM
Sounds like a get out of jail card from Dundalk tonight, still fair pay going for it and getting an equaliser in the 95th min. Good man Richie. Have to be happy with that point and especially with Hoban making his comeback as a sub.

RIP :p

Martinho II
28/06/2014, 6:19 PM
Big one next Saturday. We couldn't be in better form really. We haven't let in a goal for something like 6 games I think.

I think our alltime record for most clean sheets in a row was in 2006 when Mick Dempsey was in goals! think it was 7 but will reconfirm again another time!

I think salmo has being the missing link since he came back from injury. he has being top class and him and ricer have bein immense.. roll on shels it will be tough we have to beat them eventually..I am confident that we will finally beat them considerin the amount of clean sheets and wins in a row we are gettin

Ezeikial
28/06/2014, 8:28 PM
Derry should fine Byrne for his needless off the ball assault on Hoban. Byrne let down his team mates badly.

While it may have been incredibly stupid by Byrne and ultimately cost Derry the win, based on this Derry Journal (http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city-latest/10-man-derry-denied-at-the-death-1-6148093) piece Peter Hutton appears "baffled" by the referee's decision.

Pizza seems to have spent too much time in Roddy's company based on his reported comments

DERRY City boss, Peter Hutton was ‘baffled’ by skipper, Cliff Byrne’s second half dismissal as his side were denied victory against league leaders Dundalk by a last gasp Ritchie Towell strike deep into second half stoppage time at Brandywell Stadium.

However, the turning point in the game arrived on 70 minutes when Byrne was controversially shown a straight red card by referee, Robert Rogers after consulting with his assistant who appeared to spot an ‘off the ball’ clash between the Derry centre half and substitute Patrick Hoban.

And Hutton was disappointed with the sending off of his captain.

“I know for a fact the referee didn’t see it,” he added. “How they decided to come to that decision after a few minutes was baffling to say the least.

The linesman spotted the off-the-ball assault by Cliff Byrne and immediately flagged. The Derry captain got the inevitable red card and surely a minimum 3 match ban will follow. He let himself, his team, the manager and the Derry supporters down badly by his actions.

I don't expect the manager to castigate his captain in public, but neither is there any need for him to pretend to be baffled or to infer that there was some sort of injustice done to him

oriel
29/06/2014, 12:05 AM
From speaking to and listening to people who were at the game, the only thing in doubt appears to be how many games Byrne will be banned for, def agree 3 would appear to be minimum.