PDA

View Full Version : John Delaney your having a laugh

gufct
04/11/2004, 11:02 AM
how can this man be possibly considered for CEO of the FAI and while were at it how can Peter Buckley be installed as Financial Director after the entire mismanagement of the FAI for the last 6 years.

All the internal trouble and infighting all leads to one person the man from Del Monte he is responsible for the sham taht is the FAI and if he is not removed from the picture i cant see things getting any better.

Aberdonian Stu
04/11/2004, 11:09 AM
If Delaney is even considered for CEO all sports council funding should be withheld indefinitely. Here we would see, yet again, the non-executive branch (amateur directors) having a direct role in the executive branch. A complete sham.

A face
04/11/2004, 12:26 PM
Chríst above ... we are in for it now ..... Cut the funding quick smart ..... and i thought bush getting in was bad.

FFS ..... here comes the undoing of everything that Rooney did.

Wait for it ..... cringe factor is only winding up .... FAI is now fúcked

exile
04/11/2004, 5:32 PM
just like the american election this stinks the deleany family have been in charge of the fai purse strings for 15 of the last 20 years the fai is fast becoming a cosy cartel for some familys with in the fai

onceahoop
04/11/2004, 6:33 PM
how can this man be possibly considered for CEO of the FAI and while were at it how can Peter Buckley be installed as Financial Director after the entire mismanagement of the FAI for the last 6 years.

All the internal trouble and infighting all leads to one person the man from Del Monte he is responsible for the sham taht is the FAI and if he is not removed from the picture i cant see things getting any better.

Lads, you can't be surprised I've been saying this was going to happen and did any of you read the article in the Sunday Times.

We're fcuked if this happens. The lunatics will have taken over the asylum and any evidence of malpractice on their part will be burnt in the bunker. :eek:

drummerboy
05/11/2004, 9:53 AM
John O’Donoghue gets tough with FAI. http://www.unison.ie/sportsdesk/stories.php3?ca=12&si=1282623

Colm
05/11/2004, 10:34 AM
What can be done to get rid of these clowns??

Is there little cartel so ingrained in the FAI that it would be near impossible to remove them??

Robinski
05/11/2004, 10:52 AM
Lads, you can't be surprised I've been saying this was going to happen and did any of you read the article in the Sunday Times.

We're fcuked if this happens. The lunatics will have taken over the asylum and any evidence of malpractice on their part will be burnt in the bunker. :eek:

This is what I have been saying for the last week also. This is the only reason Rooney was shafted, to make room for Delaney. I'll be sick to my stomach if he even gets to look at that seat.

I agree that all funding from the government should be suspended if this happens. I hope John O'D stays tough with the cretins that are left in Merrion Square. He's right to demand someone from outside the FAI be appointed CEO by 1st January. The problem here is that, that is exactly why Rooney was brought in. The probably will do it - just to shut the government up for a while - and then shaft that person like they have done so many others.

Delaney and Corcoran OUT!!!

Superhoops
05/11/2004, 1:29 PM
I'll be sick to my stomach if he even gets to look at that seat.

From that Indo link: The FAI had hoped they could persuade honorary treasurer John Delaney to take over the hot seat for a 12-18 month period during which he could create an environment to persuade high calibre candidates to apply for the CEO job.

Get that puke bucket ready!

jimhacker
05/11/2004, 1:38 PM
From that Indo link: The FAI had hoped they could persuade honorary treasurer John Delaney to take over the hot seat for a 12-18 month period during which he could create an environment to persuade high calibre candidates to apply for the CEO job.

Can't-it's overflowing already.

Robinski
05/11/2004, 1:46 PM

Persuade! He's been gunning for it!

gufct
05/11/2004, 3:40 PM
for 5 yrs now and ive been called every name under the sun but the thing that isnt funny is where stands Irish Football after this.There should be an outside investigation into the finances of the FAI and also on their administration of Government Grants and the FAI or their Auditors would not be able to interfere with this.

The Office Board should be asked to resign en masse and a complete reorganisation should be enforced.This is the only way for us to regain the trust of the Irish People after the debacle that has happened over the last 10 years.This is a far bigger scandal than Saipan but has been ignored for too long.

Superhoops
07/11/2004, 5:41 PM
John O’Donoghue gets tough with FAI. http://www.unison.ie/sportsdesk/stories.php3?ca=12&si=1282623
From this article: While there is strong speculation within the FAI that John Delaney, the honorary treasurer, could be persuaded to take the post for 18 months to restore stability, this was not acceptable to the Government.

Is some with clout finally getting wise to this a**hole Delaney?

TonyD
07/11/2004, 6:07 PM
Have to laugh at them saying Delaney 'might be persuaded' to take the job. Presumably that's in the same way as George Best might be persuaded to drink and chase blondes.