PDA

View Full Version : Let the People Speak

blobbyblob
03/11/2004, 9:52 PM
Havent been around for a while boys and girls and its good to be back

A Dhuine Usail,

Another sad chapter in the history of Irish Football is unfolding. With the absence of a world cup to highlight the issue, the whole thing is failing to generate the hysteria it deserves. A good man has been ousted and the pigs are back at the helm. Undertones of Animal Farm and Lord of the Flies all roled into one. Fiction it is not.

We, the members, of Foot.ie have a wonderful forum to air our views. It is a balanced and fair cross section of how the supporters of the Republic of Ireland feel. Arguments/Views are well thought out and generally hold merit in their own right.

It is apparent that the media use this messageboard as a benchmark for the feelings of the Republic of Ireland fan on the street. Certain sections of the media consider Mr Alan Hunter to be the voice of the people. The majority of posters here will agree that Mr Hunters views and his organisations is not the view of the general populace. We can sit and moan on how he does not reflect or views or we can make our views known publicly as a unit.

I propose that we come together in formal support of Mr Fran Rooney and air our outrage/frustration/disgust at how we percieve the existing board of the FAI is running its affairs. This weeks fiasco will have far reaching consequences that could last well into the next 25 years and possibly further. I dont think that I am being hysterical in stating this. The FAI as it stands is playing russian roulette with our countrys future in terms of soccer from grassroots right up to senior international level. While they are in place The Banana Republic of Ireland is alive and well.

I am open to suggestions on how we can make our united views known. I would hope that a draft statement of our views could be penned. A vote could be cast to see if it expresses the views of the posters and then passed to the media which uses this forum as a free resource to air the same views or posted here as a locked forum for all the media to see.

This is far too serious to let slide and too important to let someone else speak on our behalf.

Is mise le meas

Capaill
Member of Foot.ie and Supporter of ROI Footballs Future