View Full Version : A very belated..

James
04/01/2002, 7:26 PM
Happy Euro Changeover to one and all
I hear the 2euro coin is a beauty.
Cant wait to get home and check her out :D

Éanna
04/01/2002, 11:06 PM
the notes are bad, and the coins are worse! they're horrible. The EU is trying to turn us all into belgians or something! :confused: it's the biggest scam in history!

dahamsta
04/01/2002, 11:17 PM
Granted, the coins suck, but we'll get used to them. I also fail absolutely to see why the introduction of the Euro (or perhaps it's just the coinage?) is "the biggest scam in history". Please explain to the audience.

adam

Éanna
04/01/2002, 11:23 PM
prices are going up-even if they're not being blatantly fiddled now, they've either gone up or will go up to make more "convenient" amounts- newspapers buses etc.,

oh yeah, and i hate the EU!

James
05/01/2002, 12:13 AM
in your shopsand all reputable bookstores from Monday..
"Eanna's Euro guidebook for Dummy's" :D

Jim Smith
06/01/2002, 3:26 PM
"Eanna's guide to bigotry and xenophobia - the musing of a right-wing English football hooligan wanna be." :D

James
06/01/2002, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by Jim Smith
the musing of a right-wing English football hooligan wanna be." :D

right wing
maybe he's the answer to gunther midfield probs

but i doubt it :D

dahamsta
06/01/2002, 4:41 PM
prices are going up-even if they're not being blatantly fiddled now, they've either gone up or will go up to make more "convenient" amounts- newspapers buses etc.,

Lame reason. If you think you're being fiddled, report (http://www.consumerassociation.ie/) them. Complaining to us won't change anything.

oh yeah, and i hate the EU!

And you give such good reasons for it, I changed my mind instantly, shaved my head, tattooed a swastika on my forehead, beat up some "wops" and ignored Ireland's history of emigration. Good job Éanna.

adam

Éanna
06/01/2002, 6:10 PM
no fair! just cos i don't like the EU, doesn't make me a nazi! ah feck ye all! :D

pete
07/01/2002, 12:31 PM
The EU have more or less admitted now that the Euro has virtually nothing to do with economics but is purely a political process. Its all to do with making us feel more european 'n all & i'm sure has a lot more impact on mainland europe than here.

Was almost more in UK media than our own about the whole changeover. They seem to be feeling jelaous & a bit left out again. Britain will join in 3-4 years i think.

Haven't seen many notes yet but the copper coins are so small can see them pilling up in jars around the country. Old irish notes were manky so euro ones can't be any worse.....

Prices definitely rising....

Jim Smith
07/01/2002, 12:59 PM
I'd be surprise if the one and two cent coins last more than a couple of years. Am I correct in thinking that the cost of a visit to the X will be €7?

Éanna
07/01/2002, 1:57 PM
those coins will be gone soon. no doubt. prices going up. NO TO NICE!