PDA

View Full Version : mooney

rebelnorrie
03/11/2004, 11:32 AM
i was delighted to see mooney standing with the city fans on friday night,its quite clear that his heart is still in city.nice to see people gave him a good reception.fair play to him for showing up

jimhacker
03/11/2004, 12:18 PM
Mooney is still the best one on one keeper I've seen in the league - never saw him lose one!

High time to bring him back

paudie
03/11/2004, 12:18 PM
Noel always seemed like a nice guy.

Never to be forgotten as a member of our last FAI cup winning team.

Altogether now...Boing...Boing...

paddigol
03/11/2004, 1:18 PM
that explains a lot - i didn't see him but i heard the mooney chants.
he's a legend.
boing, boing, ... class!!! :)

ccfcgirl
03/11/2004, 3:57 PM
talking to him out side he was very impressed with city .

DolansWaistcoat
03/11/2004, 4:02 PM
Fair dues to him for turning up.He was at one of the european games as well(Malmo,I think)at the cross and got a great reception when the lads in the shed spotted him standing amongst them. :)

Pity he had to go to those scumbags,but he was too good for the bench at city I suppose.

jimhacker
03/11/2004, 4:06 PM
Fair dues to him for turning up.He was at one of the european games as well(Malmo,I think)at the cross and got a great reception when the lads in the shed spotted him standing amongst them. :)

Pity he had to go to those scumbags,but he was too good for the bench at city I suppose.

But the question is-is Devine too good for the bench?

DolansWaistcoat
03/11/2004, 4:13 PM
But the question is-is Devine too good for the bench?

I always had my doubts about Devine but I must say this year he has been a lot more consistent in goal for us and has cut out all the stupid mistakes he used to make.

thecorner
03/11/2004, 4:19 PM
is Devine too good for the bench?

plain and simple...YES

adamd164
03/11/2004, 6:45 PM
Ya Devine's more dependable cos Mooney has some bloopers! :p

Still though, you have to ask - isn't it worth it for the entertainment??! Second only to Digger ;)

Éanna
03/11/2004, 10:30 PM
I had my doubts about devine, but he's been magnificent this season. almost faultless. best keeper in the league

blutil
03/11/2004, 11:13 PM
Have to admit i used to hate mooney coz of some shenanigans with a blues player a while back, but we were standin behind the goal at the blues rovers game and he was having a laugh with the blues fans, mainly at his expense for being with rovers, even though they were 2-0 down. Sound bloke !!!

thecorner
04/11/2004, 12:00 AM
Still though, you have to ask - isn't it worth it for the entertainment??!

EH...............NO

jimhacker
04/11/2004, 8:00 AM
Reminds me of a quip by a Southampton fan the time Grobellar was up for match fixing.....said he'd prefer having Grobellar in the team trying to throw 'em in rather than Beasant trying to keem 'em out!

ccfcman
04/11/2004, 8:01 AM
I had my doubts about devine, but he's been magnificent this season. almost faultless. best keeper in the league

Still quite dodgey under high balls in my opinion.

jimhacker
04/11/2004, 8:06 AM

And distribution still extremely erratic despite some improvement this year

ccfcman
04/11/2004, 8:08 AM
Yes, he no longer resembles Rona O'Gara, finding touch from kickm outs appears to have been eradicated, Devinbe gave Finbarr a right busy night every second Fri. night!

jimhacker
04/11/2004, 8:28 AM
Yes, he no longer resembles Rona O'Gara, finding touch from kickm outs appears to have been eradicated, Devinbe gave Finbarr a right busy night every second Fri. night!

And Finbarr's distribution is much better!

It's all the practice.

Éanna
04/11/2004, 3:30 PM
wouldn't agree, but mooney under high balls- now there was a sure way to bring on a heart attack :D

jimhacker
05/11/2004, 1:43 PM
Can see him hightailing it backe here now, after Collins' arrival!!