PDA

View Full Version : Athlone Town FC Statement.

nigel-harps1954
12/06/2014, 5:54 PM
http://athlonetownfc.ie/athlone-town-a-f-c-v-longford-town-friday-the-6th-june-2014/

This is absolutely mind-boggling stuff.

The fans themselves are still adamant that they've been banned, however, which is much stranger altogether.

Mr A
12/06/2014, 6:45 PM
That reads like someone got a bit drunk and just lashed a big old rant onto the site.

Longfordian
12/06/2014, 7:03 PM
Bizarre stuff from the chairman, can only presume he has admin access to the site given the shambolic nature of the statement. Some of the fans posted a letter from ATFC up on Facebook informing them they'd been banned for two games subject to appeal to the executive committee.

Charlie Darwin
12/06/2014, 7:04 PM
This is a strange, strange league.

Sean South
12/06/2014, 7:05 PM
http://athlonetownfc.ie/athlone-town-a-f-c-v-longford-town-friday-the-6th-june-2014/

This is absolutely mind-boggling stuff.

The fans themselves are still adamant that they've been banned, however, which is much stranger altogether.

Hopefully the club will be relegated and go bust just for that statement alone.

Sheridan
12/06/2014, 7:28 PM
LOL. Terrific stuff. Classic League of Ireland carry-on.

it is quite incorrect, inaccurate, and untrue to post such comments

The thesaurus was getting a thorough thumbing there.

Mr A
12/06/2014, 7:41 PM
Here be one of the letters as posted on Facebook.

Statement on facebook from fans:

"As far as we are aware, 6 loyal Athlone Town fans, who travel home and away, week in week out, have been told they are not allowed into anymore games because they voiced their concerns about the club to a high ranking board member. They were also told that they bring nothing to the club and that their 15 euro a week is worthless.
This is a new low for Athlone Town. Absolutely disgraceful."

Nobody coming out of this well in fairness having read the exchanges on facebook.

Ezeikial
12/06/2014, 8:09 PM
Thats all great craic - Joe Hayden seems like a right character. He needs a scriptwriter urgently.

ATFC-1887
12/06/2014, 10:09 PM
4 of us have been banned. One of us asked the chairman, politely, after the game was he gonna sort out the mess the club is in, on and off the pitch. He responded in a very hostile manner, called us scum, said we bring nothing to the club, and our 15 euro a week is worthless. Funniest part of his statement was claiming we are one of these bandwagons who started coming to games last year. Hes around about 2 years, i have been going to games 19/20 years. He really hasnt a clue, and the best thing of all is we have everything he said recorded so he can spread all the lies he wants.

Keen2win
12/06/2014, 10:25 PM
Do you not have a video? Lets hear how polite ye were :) Please?

ATFC-1887
12/06/2014, 10:33 PM
As i just said we have it recorded. And im presuming you are claiming we werent "polite" but the thing is we were. He was asked a simple question and went off on one. The video wont be released unless it has to, and we will be talking to local papers this week.

Macy
13/06/2014, 7:46 AM
This is a strange, strange league.
Greatest league in the world.

Nesta99
13/06/2014, 12:18 PM
So Athlone board have managed to ban unidentified 'loyal supporters'...impressive! Was going to ask what the off field mess alluded to were, then I read the statement from the Chairman!

Ezeikial
13/06/2014, 2:39 PM
As i just said we have it recorded. And im presuming you are claiming we werent "polite" but the thing is we were. He was asked a simple question and went off on one. The video wont be released unless it has to, and we will be talking to local papers this week.

I suppose it's important to fight for unity..............

Town Legend
13/06/2014, 3:52 PM
As the weeks go on Athlone just keep on giving us more reasons to have a good laugh at them!!

Mr A
14/06/2014, 8:25 AM
Looks like the chairman got it spot on. The team went on a rampage as soon as these guys were banned.

Macy
14/06/2014, 10:43 AM
I did have visions of the chairman running around the stand, giving it large to the home support.

Ezeikial
14/06/2014, 10:54 AM
I did have visions of the chairman running around the stand, giving it large to the home support.

While the going is good, he should extend the sanctions to lifetime bans - never mind all this appeal board and procedural stuff, Athlone need strong leaders right now.

prince20
18/06/2014, 8:13 AM
I took this quote from the attendances thread.

We appealed the ban, so we had to be let in until the ban appeal hearing.. All very formal and that

Ye appealed the ban yet ye believe that ye done nothing wrong. The persons hearing this case have already deemed you all guilty, how can you prove your innocence??? Disgraceful that it had come to this, what sentence did the chairman get for calling ye scum and that your money was worthless???????