PDA

View Full Version : Young Finn Harps player Oisin Merritt in coma.

nigel-harps1954
12/06/2014, 12:02 PM
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/teenage-soccer-star-left-in-coma-after-holiday-fall-30348912.html

Really puts it all into perspective. Oisin, only 19 years old, fell in Spain and had to be put into an induced coma because of his injuries. Seemingly not in good shape at all after a few days now.

Very sad story altogether.

vinnie
12/06/2014, 12:23 PM
Poor Divil, hope he pulls through alright

Martinho II
12/06/2014, 4:40 PM
seen that in the herald this morning. has he made first team appearances already for them?shockin news to say the least

Mr A
12/06/2014, 4:53 PM
No first team appearances yet (possible exception of friendlies, loads of players get runouts in those)

nigel-harps1954
12/06/2014, 5:55 PM
He only joined the under-19 setup this past year. Playing with the reserve team in the Ulster Senior League this season. A very good young player too and a lovely young fella.

Darklordsbane
13/06/2014, 5:39 AM
Best wishes to him and his family,
all clubs should be warning our young players about accidents happening, now that the break is coming, I'm sure lots of them are going on holidays and will let thier hair down big time
I'm not suggesting Oisin did that, I'm just saying it carries more weight when you can use an example

patrickccfc
14/06/2014, 5:38 PM
Any updates on his condition?

Dunny
11/07/2014, 11:02 PM
Yee prob all seen this on Facebook & Twitter but for those who don't subscribe to either of those or missed the latest news then have a read.
Great news and long may he continue to progress with his recovery. :good:

There has been a marked improvement in the condition of a Donegal teenager who was involved in a serious accident in Spain.Oisin Merritt from Ballybofey was holidaying with friends when he fell from a balcony in Santa Ponsa, a holiday resort on the island of Majorca, in the early hours of June 9.
Today, Tuesday, the 19-year-old spoke for the first time and began drinking water and eating. His sister Tasha describes his improvement as a ‘miracle.’
A footballer with Finn Harps reserves, Merritt suffered multiple injuries, including a fractured skull and bleeding to the brain. After being in an induced coma, the Villa Rose Hotel employee began to show slight signs of recovery last week with movement.
“Oisin started to eat and drink water for the first time yesterday afternoon and has continued this today,” Tasha Merritt said via Finn Harps FC on facebook.
“Today Oisin started to speak and say his first words to me. He is asking about the World Cup and how Brazil are doing, as he has a bet on! .. and is looking for a TV in his room!
“He has a long recovery ahead. Doctors came in this afternoon to us and said he is like a second birth, born again that he is like a miracle. Thank you everyone so much for your prayers and good wishes.”
http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/news/donegal-news/oisin-merritt-shows-great-signs-of-improvement-after-accident-in-spain-1-6166132