PDA

View Full Version : Most talented nightclub?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

TheJamaicanP.M.
02/11/2004, 7:23 PM
While sifting through all the info on the foot.ie party and the nonsense threads in this section, I've come up with a nagging question. I would like to know what nightclub has the best looking girls in Ireland? I would doubt very much that any nightclub outside the Pale could claim to be in the running. I will give a list of those places which I think deserve a mention. Would it be possible for someone from admin to make a poll out of this? If not, please feel free to provide your own opinions. I would also like to point out that it is inevitable, and not a biased view that the best clubs are located on the soutside of Dublin City. So here it goes:

Club 92 - Leopardstown: top totty - a collection of Rosanna Davison lookalikes.

Bondi Beach - Stillorgan: the younger sisters of those who frequent the 92. Impressive to say the least.

Tramco - The pick of UCD, with an age restriction of 20, just in case you're fearing arrest. Lacking the class of the 92 and Bondi, but more accessible to the ordinary man. Classy country girls.

Anabels - has been making waves in the past couple of years for all the wrong reasons. However, the anabels clientele have long been creating waves with those of us lucky to be accepted as one of their own.

Q Bar - its inclusion is a token gesture for the city centre. Includes the likely mix of culchies and skangers. Beats Redz due to the fact that it is not clastraphobic.

AKA - located just off Grafton Street, it is full of stunning girls in their mid-20s. Suitable for the older man, civil servants and people with cash to splash.

Sosume - slighly younger, posher crowd than AKA. Worthy of a nomination, but no more.

The Village - Yes, you have read that right. I'm not taking the p!ss, just slightly tongue in cheek. I never remember it being a good place for young wans, but there's at least 2 people on this site who will surely call for its inclusion.

Time, Naas: This is certainly a happening place. Naas has just about enough class to claim to be on the southside of Dublin. Its inclusion is down to the fact that it is without doubt the best location outside Dublin.

Feel free to provide your opinions . . .

Dillo
03/11/2004, 9:09 AM
Very impressive work there PM. This will give Max and Niamh something to think about! ;)
"The Village" doesn't even a warrant a mention among those top nightclubs. Personally I think Bondi Beach tops the bill for Francesco Totti! But as you say the Tramco clientele are probably most accessible to the ordinary man. Perhaps Spirit, Coppers, the Odeon and D2 also deserve recognition. I also recall a certain place called "The Palace" located on Camden St. which in it's hayday would have given any of these places a run for their money! :cool:

TheJamaicanP.M.
03/11/2004, 9:43 AM
Good point Dillo. It was late last night when I logged off that I thought of the Odeon on a Friday night as an option. I like to refer to the Odeon as the nightclub for southwest Dublin people. Most of its clientele hail from Terenure, Rathfarnham, Templeogue, Knocklion, etc., but not Tallaght or Clondalkin. With regard to the likes of Coppers and the Portobello, I would ask people to refrain from using these names on this thread. Along with the Redbox and the Pod, such places do not even warrant a mention.

Macy
03/11/2004, 9:48 AM
I also recall a certain place called "The Palace" located on Camden St. which in it's hayday would have given any of these places a run for their money! :cool:
hmmm, midterm in the palace..... :D

$Leon$
03/11/2004, 9:55 AM
. I also recall a certain place called "The Palace" located on Camden St. which in it's hayday would have given any of these places a run for their money! :cool:

remember the palace well dillo mid week only by all accounts it turned into skangers paradise at the weekends. £1.50 a drink can't go far wrong. £30 would get u ****ed fed and home. high standard of talent too. we were all like one big family der. except when it came to the end of the night cos if we were family what went on would have been considered incest.

max power
03/11/2004, 11:02 AM
remember doing the palace and planet murphys back in 98/99 when it was at its most popular, wen nights in there were amazing.....dj box on top of the bar was great, no annoying fools couldn't get near u anymore

annother great student night as MIA in the temple Therate, over 3000 screaming students every week.

$Leon$
03/11/2004, 12:08 PM
annother great student night as MIA in the temple Therate, over 3000 screaming students every week.

max went ther once and once was enough. da place smelled of puke and red bull. never went back. too dangerous of a location. did u not see whats across the road?

Don Vito
03/11/2004, 12:25 PM
remember doing the palace and planet murphys back in 98/99 when it was at its most popular, wen nights in there were amazing.....dj box on top of the bar was great, no annoying fools couldn't get near u anymore

Temple Theatre-went once and had a total mare of night trying to get back to the southside the location is far too dangerous. Its jus a hangout for UCD wannabes really (DCU students) KISS is what i say. (Thats Keep It South Side btw)

If Tramco and Club 92 were birds:
Club 92 is the bird you'd want all you're mates to see you with but Tramco is the bird you'd bring home to your parish, show off to your friends and marry.

$Leon$
03/11/2004, 12:27 PM
If Tramco and Club 92 were birds:
Club 92 is the bird you'd want all you're mates to see you with but Tramco is the bird you'd bring home to your parish, show off to your friends and marry.

tramco wans are da wans that would stand with u on the hill and roar as loud as u do but der also prime material to meet the mother

Don Vito
03/11/2004, 12:30 PM
Tramco is the kind of girl who would come to Coppers the night before a big championship match against kilkenny match in croker. Club 92 is the kind of bird will come to Kielys befroe a leinster match.

Don Vito
03/11/2004, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=max power]remember doing the palace and planet murphys back in 98/99 when it was at its most popular, wen nights in there were amazing.....dj box on top of the bar was great, no annoying fools couldn't get near u anymore[QUOTE]

If could get my hands on the focker that closed that place..........

Cosmo
03/11/2004, 12:44 PM
Dont know about talented nightclubs - but what about the nightclubs where its easist to score - must be coppers ;)

max power
03/11/2004, 1:18 PM
Coppers is a Grade A ****hole. Loads of pimply kids clutching long neck Buds (when I become Taoiseach, being caught with a long neck Bud will be a finger breaking crime) looking at slightly overweight nurses. Marginally worse than the Vatican, if that's still going. Another cattlemart in the mid/late 90s was Major Toms, but at least that had better music.

well said coonor, i did 5 yrs in Toms in the 90's :cool:

Cosmo
03/11/2004, 1:23 PM
talking about not so good nightclubs - anyone ever in the one above doyles in phibsboro??? That place is just out there on its own!!!

Macy
03/11/2004, 1:26 PM
Coppers is a Grade A ****hole. Loads of pimply kids clutching long neck Buds (when I become Taoiseach, being caught with a long neck Bud will be a finger breaking crime) looking at slightly overweight nurses. Marginally worse than the Vatican, if that's still going. Another cattlemart in the mid/late 90s was Major Toms, but at least that had better music.
Late 99-00 Coppers wasn't even a challenge. Got too full of lads from late 2001. Sometimes questionable quality, but where else could you go on a Tuesday night that would be full till 3.30am?

Vatican was absolutely shíte, made coppers look good. I think I was in there one night after FHDSC table quiz, and someone was having there wedding celebrations in there :eek: Still think wws scored though...

Was only in Major Toms once, absolutely hammered on Long Island Ice Tea's, I could barely stand. Still would've scored in coppers though... :eek:

Dillo
03/11/2004, 1:29 PM
I'd never venture that far northside for fear of my personal safety. Doyles of Phibsboro?? You're one brave Drog!
The Palace, Camden St. was the best nightclub ever. There never was and probably never will be (unless I win the lotto) another place to equal it. If I got the fcuker responsible for closing down this premises i'd strangle him! :mad:

max power
03/11/2004, 1:35 PM
Late 99-00 Coppers wasn't even a challenge. Got too full of lads from late 2001. Sometimes questionable quality, but where else could you go on a Tuesday night that would be full till 3.30am?

Vatican was absolutely shíte, made coppers look good. I think I was in there one night after FHDSC table quiz, and someone was having there wedding celebrations in there :eek: Still think wws scored though...

Was only in Major Toms once, absolutely hammered on Long Island Ice Tea's, I could barely stand. Still would've scored in coppers though... :eek:

lot of talkin bout scorin for a married man, the good old days, eh macy ;)

yeah did vatican a few times, badly run and was a kip.

coppers would be my usual for a monday night, good craic and i worked acrosss the road so no queing and free in :D

Macy
03/11/2004, 1:41 PM
lot of talkin bout scorin for a married man, the good old days, eh macy ;)
The Buckfast Years...
6 cans of Royal Dutch for a fiver and a bottle of bucky in someone's gaff, and then straight to a club. Wednesday nights The Palace, Thursday nights Coppers, Friday night various, Saturday night Blazers. Not forgetting Student night in the Garda Club (£1 a pint), that was Tuesday's if I remember correctly...

fosterdollar
03/11/2004, 1:44 PM
kitchen use to be alright - i remember thinking the women there were a totally different class. This was probably easiest explained by the fact that i invariably ended up wallowing in the 'rivers' that ran through the place every tuesday night.... everybody seems a better class when you're in that state. Coppers was and always wil be a dump no matter how much you dress it up. Admit it, you never arrange to end up there. You just do. Speaking of places you end up in as a last resort. Was in Izalde's Palace in Temple Bar at the weekend. It had been such a long time. It's still gay (but not Will and Grace gay.... pulll-ease). Derek Mooney was there. OHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!!!! And yes, we were all there cos we got refused/kicked out of every place within a country mile of the place and we needed to kill some time before getting the nosh in in Zaytoon

fosterdollar
03/11/2004, 1:52 PM
Not forgetting ... the Garda Club

Harrington Street eh? How you made it out of there alive is anyone's guess. Possibly the largest collection of empty Buckfast bottles besides the Camlin behind the HQ.

The Garda Club. Things i remember from that place:
"Are any of you f*cking pigs gonna serve me?" entitled the speaker to the speediest service. Seriously.

The more damage one caused (decorative/structural/whatever), the lower the chances of being thrown out. Usually met with phrases like "Ah, lads, you're an awful shower of bast@rds", while they swept up the mess.

Butch birds in Offaly t-shirts

max power
03/11/2004, 1:57 PM
palace and coppers for me in the 90's when i wasn't workin in de palace i was gettin locked there, sometimes both together ha ha.

wen night was the best in the palace, what a gig that was.

Macy
03/11/2004, 1:59 PM
Was in Izalde's Palace in Temple Bar at the weekend. It had been such a long time. It's still gay (but not Will and Grace gay.... pulll-ease). Derek Mooney was there. OHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!!!! And yes, we were all there cos we got refused/kicked out of every place within a country mile of the place and we needed to kill some time before getting the nosh in in Zaytoon
Ha ha, Izaldes. I'd forgotten all about there. Try to get into the Turks Head, "not tonight lads, you're drunk", straight in there no questions asked. :D

Actually Magoo, it was normally with, eh, Magoo that I ended up in there...

Macy
03/11/2004, 2:01 PM
Harrington Street eh? How you made it out of there alive is anyone's guess. Possibly the largest collection of empty Buckfast bottles besides the Camlin behind the HQ.

The Garda Club. Things i remember from that place:
"Are any of you f*cking pigs gonna serve me?" entitled the speaker to the speediest service. Seriously.

The more damage one caused (decorative/structural/whatever), the lower the chances of being thrown out. Usually met with phrases like "Ah, lads, you're an awful shower of bast@rds", while they swept up the mess.

Butch birds in Offaly t-shirts
:D Yeah the Buckfast Years could also be titled the Harrington Street years. If some of the stuff that went on in the Garda Club had happened anywhere else in Dublin, we would've got arrested...

$Leon$
03/11/2004, 2:08 PM
heard the playhouse in tallaght is ment to be some spot.never ventured out der my self to check it out i value my life. but is that just if u got a hairy top lip, think da new celtic jersey is the height of fashion, chase after wans called sharon and tracy all night an d come from tallaght???

max power
03/11/2004, 2:12 PM
playhouse is the place to meet all the el based players, dj wicked on de decks :D

real real blast from the past, Rumours :D place to pick up a nice 35 married female :p

or night owls, played there last week, called il mondo now

$Leon$
03/11/2004, 2:15 PM
playhouse is the place to meet all the el based players, dj wicked on de decks :D

real real blast from the past, Rumours :D place to pick up a nice 35 married female :p

or night owls, played there last week, called il mondo now

love a good MILF on a ight out
excuse my ignorance max but i thought il mondo was in ranelagh not tallaght?

max power
03/11/2004, 2:38 PM
ya ralanagh, but 3 differnet clubs

Cosmo
03/11/2004, 3:02 PM
'I'd never venture that far northside for fear of my personal safety. Doyles of Phibsboro?? You're one brave Drog!'

Well i live 2 mins walk from it so had to check it out. Honestly its worth checking out - for the experience if nothing else - scary place :eek:

Karlos
03/11/2004, 3:08 PM
Being a true Northsider (quick, grab your wallet!! ha ha), Charlies in Howth was always a great place to get your rock n roll! Talent was sometimes a lil rough round the edges but sure if it doesn't kill ya it makes ya stronger!!!

Tamango's In Portmarnock on a tuesday was always a good spot for the pound a pint and the odd MILF! Ahh, 44 year old Susan, gone but not forgotten!!!!!

ha ha :D

max power
03/11/2004, 3:21 PM
As for Majot Toms, Max, you weren't the fellow who played lots of 80s stuff, by any chance?

might have been, always played simple minds ;) .. i play a bit of everthing, managment let me do what i wanted, thursday was my night for nearly 5 years

Bowsy
03/11/2004, 3:30 PM
Charlies in Howth

Spent much of my formative years in there. Jaysus, getting the coach home at the end of the night was an experience in itself.

I vaguely remember a hairy arm pitted cabaret singer (female) too. Only vaguely because i've stuck a knife through my minds eye trying to forget.

max power
03/11/2004, 3:48 PM
Yep, was in there a few Thursdays between 96 and 98.

did i entertain u ??? it was amazing in those days, what a place to pull

Don Vito
03/11/2004, 4:45 PM
At the end of the day lads goin out to clubs is mostly about getting your swiss roll, this means that the club where you can be pull will probably seem like the best club to you. For my mate Burkey its probably Coppers cos its the only place he'll have any chance of pulling but for a lad with my all round package its got to be the 92. Its nice and far out of town too so there's less chance of skobies sneaking in.

TheJamaicanP.M.
03/11/2004, 5:04 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

You mean you've never gone to a club with a woman? You never see people going out clubbing as a couple?

Just how long was your longest relationship?

I have to agree with Don Vito on this one. I've been out as a couple before and its just no fun. You have to dance with her, buy her a drink or two, and hold hands. That type of sh!t. Its much better going out as a single man with the lads. You can drink yerself silly, get rowdy, grab hold of ass, and generally, act the maggot. The topic of relationships has no place on this thread.

BTW Don, if your friend "Burkey" can only pull in Coppers he's in trouble. Like you, I quite fancy my chances in Club 92. I've already saturated (no pun intended) the regular clientele in Bondi (similar to what I did in the Palace). Might as well move onto their older sisters.

Sinéad
03/11/2004, 5:07 PM
I'm wondering do ye talk more about scoring than actually going out and doing it?

The old saying 'all talk and no action' springs to mind!! ;)

Don Vito
03/11/2004, 5:12 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

You mean you've never gone to a club with a woman? You never see people going out clubbing as a couple?

Just how long was your longest relationship?

I've been on a relationship for 14months now Conor and nothing during that time hs come close to the craic that can be had on a night out with the lads. I love her and all that blah blah blah and I'm much happier with her than when I was single but there are moments when you're single and out on the tare that it cant live up to. Basically when you're single the highs are higher but the lows are a hell of a lot lower.

Don Vito
03/11/2004, 5:14 PM
I'm wondering do ye talk more about scoring than actually going out and doing it?

The old saying 'all talk and no action' springs to mind!! ;)

Actually its the opposite Sinead, I don't like to brag but I am a free scoring player.

max power
03/11/2004, 5:14 PM
sinead when did u get a computer beside the sink :confused:

TheJamaicanP.M.
03/11/2004, 5:18 PM
Actually its the opposite Sinead, I don't like to brag but I am a free scoring player.

Cant speak for Max and the others on this site, but like Don, myself and Dillo are in top scoring form. I think pulling is akin to scoring goals. Somtimes you get great goals, sometimes you get scrappy goals. I tend to only score great goals, but I score them in abundance.

max power
03/11/2004, 5:20 PM
Cant speak for Max and the others on this site, but like Don, myself and Dillo are in top scoring form. I think pulling is akin to scoring goals. Somtimes you get great goals, sometimes you get scrappy goals. I tend to only score great goals, but I score them in abundance.

sluts :D ;)

TheJamaicanP.M.
03/11/2004, 5:22 PM
sluts :D ;)

Im willing to admit to being a male slut. Nothing wrong with that. Its acceptable for men. Max, dont tell me that you wouldnt be a slut too, if you could.

Dillo
03/11/2004, 5:27 PM
I regard myself as the Alan Shearer of 'pulling wans', an all round goal scorer. Unlike Thierry Henry who tends to score a lot of crackers, I, Shearer score both tap ins, overheads and 35 yard crackers. Henry also creates a lot of goals, however, I don't fit in the matchmaking category. Burkey on the other hand, may be compared to Everton striker Marcus BENT! :rolleyes:

TheJamaicanP.M.
03/11/2004, 5:29 PM
I regard myself as the Alan Shearer of 'pulling wans', an all round goal scorer. Unlike Thierry Henry who tends to score a lot of crackers, I, Shearer score both tap ins, overheads and 35 yard crackers. Henry also creates a lot of goals, however, I don't fit in the matchmaking category. Burkey on the other hand, may be compared to Everton striker Marcus BENT! :rolleyes:

Marcus Bent is actually in good form these days. Maybe your friend is more like Darren Bent(think he's still with Ipswich?) :D

Éanna
03/11/2004, 10:49 PM
never heard of any of those places. what about blazers!!!! :D :D

ccfcman
04/11/2004, 8:07 AM
Club Nóch a dó, hands down ;)

Sinéad
04/11/2004, 10:22 AM
sinead when did u get a computer beside the sink :confused:

I haven't it at the sink, water and wires don't mix very well.

I got it installed over the cooker!! Much handier!! :rolleyes:

max power
04/11/2004, 11:49 AM
I haven't it at the sink, water and wires don't mix very well.

I got it installed over the cooker!! Much handier!! :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Don Vito
04/11/2004, 12:24 PM
So do not go to clubs now, or go to clubs with her, or go to clubs with the lads and not look for your 'swiss roll', or go to clubs and look for your 'swiss roll'?

It's just that most fellows I know don't go to clubs for 'swiss roll'. I mean, in the dance scene, fellows go for the music...honestly. Lots then go to get late drink. Sure, a few go for the women, but the point I was making was how utterly miserable that scene is. Much better to relax, drink and fall down rather than spend the night eyeing up women.

Agree with you Conor that when you don't score its very very depressing but as I said before-the highs are higher and the lows are lower

Flea
04/11/2004, 12:40 PM
Why isn't blazers on the list?

max power
04/11/2004, 12:47 PM
Why isn't blazers on the list?

blazers is past it, backin the early 90's it was a great club when jay was on top form and the place was rockin on a sat night.....now its just another big club in a small town :(