PDA

View Full Version : couple of interesting reactions

francie
02/11/2004, 1:31 PM
On leaving the pitch en route to Fagans met D Richardson. He said we have the better footballers but shels have the experience and felt we could have taken a couple of risks withy 15 to go either in subs or formation must say i agree but a defeat would have been disastorous both in terms of points and confidence. With twenty minutes to go a break from sfc brought our whole formation back into our half and having regained possesion there was no great rush back up they were completely flahed out and no wonder after the effort that has been put in with a rest they could have kept the pressure on like first half and sfc wouldnt have been able to live with it.
Met this sfc clown who was with Tony Mccarthy and having had many pints was kind in congratulating them on a good result for them but said we have closed the gap on them since first meeting this season. P***k saying we funked it and when Dublin City were drawing with them they put three up said we didnt go for it.
John O Donnell was there later celebrating guaranteed survival and said there was talk in inchicore about the support we had in tolka. Then during conversation came ouit with two things again who knows how true 1. Colm Foley is moving to Cork with work and will be a city player next year and 2. Dolan will get rid of george at end of season thinks hes too much trouble and a number of other players are on there way . Hope ! is true Foley and ennett super combo. Hope to f**k 2 isnt true. Cant wait for shels next year regardless of how we finish up this year5 def going to beat them

patsh
02/11/2004, 1:37 PM
Foley has signed a new contract with SPA.

George ain't going anywhere.

Try the windup somewhere else......:rolleyes:

razor
02/11/2004, 2:05 PM
Met this sfc clown who was with Tony Mccarthy and having had many pints was kind in congratulating them on a good result for them but said we have closed the gap on them since first meeting this season. P***k saying we funked it and when Dublin City were drawing with them they put three up said we didnt go for it.

Saw TonyMcCarthy and the Shels bloke in Fagans alright but we only stayed for a quart after the game.
I think thats a fair point, looking back on the game I thought we could have gone for broke a bit more near the end, bringing Brendan on with 2 minutes was like settling for the draw.

thecorner
02/11/2004, 2:44 PM
bringing Brendan on with 2 minutes was like settling for the draw.

whos brendan??????????????????????????

Pablo
02/11/2004, 2:44 PM
Georgie is going nowhere. Dont know about Foley but according to those in the know there are 3 'major' signings on the way after xmas

SÓC
02/11/2004, 7:27 PM
Though alright Dolan might have brought Fenn on with 10/15 to go for Flynny. Would have changed our style and the Shels defenders would have had to cope with a different threat from Fenn's skill and passing.

As for signing reckon we need a centre back and a right sided midfielder thus making next season's team;

Devine
Hoggie___Benno____Dan(or new Player)___Danny (or Greg)
New Player____Gamble______Georgie______Kearney
Doyler___Flynny

Fenn, Greg, Centre Back, Colin, Woods

Fair_play_boy
02/11/2004, 9:10 PM
Saw TonyMcCarthy and the Shels bloke in Fagans alright but we only stayed for a quart after the game.
I think thats a fair point, looking back on the game I thought we could have gone for broke a bit more near the end, bringing Brendan on with 2 minutes was like settling for the draw.Don't you mean Behan?

Éanna
02/11/2004, 10:41 PM
As for signing reckon we need a centre back and a right sided midfielder
agreed. I'd go for:
Devine
Greg Bennett New signing Hoggy

New signing George Gamble Kearney

Doyle Flynn