PDA

View Full Version : Away to Cobh

Darklordsbane
02/06/2014, 4:26 PM
Updates were crap couldn't go as I'm away at the moment, all I got was, game started a couple of chances were had, half time then full time, and the nil all draw, was it really as uneventful as that.

Acornvilla
02/06/2014, 4:46 PM
Cobh's twitter feed had some decent updates, and didn't they have updates via Tony Ghee and shannonside? You obviously didn't look very hard.

Anyway, ****.

outspoken
02/06/2014, 4:47 PM
Plenty of updates online besides I think we have more to worry about than updates after that result. Shocking.

Longfordian
02/06/2014, 5:56 PM
We appear to have serious issues with breaking down a massed defence if we don't get an early goal. Two valuable points thrown away.

Martinho II
02/06/2014, 10:25 PM
Just back from game. In fairness to TC he couldnt influence our chances on the pitch. We roughly had 80% of the chances. We had so many chances directly in front of Cobh goalie in peno area. Lack of composure killed us. I dont know what our players were thinkin off my nephew would have hit the ball harder than them. I suppose in hindsight a draw is better than losing 4-3 last season.

Btw only ten away supporters made it. I know there was a carboot sale but surely there would have being more travelling. I was hungover from going out last night and I still made it. Maybe the lack of atmosphere from our fans had a influence!

Cabs88
02/06/2014, 11:26 PM
In all fairness Marty, that was the first away trip all season that there wasnt a bus run. People have other commitments on a bank holiday Monday than a long trek to Cobh. In the last few weeks we have had plenty of games and supporters have spent a lot of money following their team.

As regards the game, disappointing result especially after Friday night. 2 important points lost.

outspoken
03/06/2014, 5:00 PM
In all fairness Marty, that was the first away trip all season that there wasnt a bus run. People have other commitments on a bank holiday Monday than a long trek to Cobh. In the last few weeks we have had plenty of games and supporters have spent a lot of money following their team.

As regards the game, disappointing result especially after Friday night. 2 important points lost.

Agree with Cabs, we made every effort to run a bus to the game but we've just had so many games lately people couldn't afford it and I have no doubt the incident last time down there when it was called off at the 11th hour put a lot of people off too. Missed chances or not maybe it's lucky there wasn't away fans there because the reaction to such a result wouldn't have been very postiive, to draw with a team that was missing half it's squad through international and leaving cert commitments is simply unacceptable. And when you see a striker left on the bench ie peter Hynes it really does tell you he adds nothing to the squad and needs to be replaced by a goal scorer ie Enda Curran, we should have had him last season but TC bottled the deal and look what he did with athlone. All this talk of games in hand looks silly when we can't even beat the bottom side in the country.