PDA

View Full Version : Teams injury list

Terry
02/11/2004, 8:13 AM
John Russell made the bench last Friday night and could be available for the Monaghan game and Athlone game but will then go for an operation to resolve his long standing shin splints problem. In other injury news Nicky Curran has some suspected cartilage damage to his knee that could rule him out for our last three games and he is likely to go for a MRI scan shorthly. Conor Frawley was forced to miss last Friday nights game with a groin injury and he is a doubt for the Monaghan game, while Derek O'Brien suffered a reoccurrence of a calf injury in the same game. Dave Goldbey took a knock to the ankle and he is a another doubt for Friday. Mick Quirke is struggling with a calf injury which has forced him to miss the last two fixtures.

ko 7.30pm, Fri, 5th Nov, Terryland Park

Recent league form
United - wdlwlwldd
Monaghan United - lwlwlddwd
Previous meetings this season
>> League:: won 4-1(home) May 14th
>> League:: won 1-0(away) Aug 6th

galwaygirl
02/11/2004, 11:27 AM
ah for god sake, with that list of injuries will we even have a team for Friday night? :eek:

Terry
02/11/2004, 11:36 AM
If russell needs an operation isn't it obvious that he is still injured? So, why even consider playing him? Mannion is a complete donkey when it comes to decision making like this!

I see the GUST meeting is on tonight. I think I'll pay a little visit and get the trust to put forward some questions that are bothering the supporters.

Anybody like me to put forward some of there own?

galwaygirl
02/11/2004, 11:56 AM
If russell needs an operation isn't it obvious that he is still injured? So, why even consider playing him?

Of course, it's a very foolish decision. I cant even believe they put him on the bench last Friday let alone say he'll be available for the last 3 games. :eek:

He has been out long enough as it is, they should leave him out till after his Op.