PDA

View Full Version : Co-efficients for Next Season

eoinh
01/11/2004, 11:22 PM
I know its very early but Duncan Shine has put together a website dealing with next seasons coefficients. It obviously nowwhere near finished as most league dont finish till next spring. It gives a good a idea though of where Irish clubs will be seeded.

If Shels win the league (hopefully not :) ) they will be seeded in CLQ1 which is an improvement for them

See here (http://www.freewebs.com/coefficients/championsleague20056.htm) . If city win the league they would start in the same round but would be unseeded.

The UEFA Cup can be found herehere (http://www.freewebs.com/coefficients/uefacup20056.htm).

Longford arent included but the site is going to be updated tomorrrow moring and they will be included then.

Clubs in black have already qualified. Its all based on league position so it cahnges every few days.

Poor Student
02/11/2004, 9:36 AM
The UEFA Cup qualifiers are done wrongly. They are divided into three regional groups. We're in the Northern one which has the least highest seeds. Longford were seeded last year. It is possible that both will be seeded next year. Not sure.

max power
02/11/2004, 9:45 AM
seeding, how cares, we're there AGAIN, disgrace is only a few short months away :D

Poor Student
02/11/2004, 9:55 AM
Under last year's format there were 22 Northern teams, 11 seeded, 11 unseeded. But last year the top seeded was Swedish but this year Swedish will be too good for this round. I dunno how it will work out this year. But under old system it would go like this. Maybe they'll totally shift the groups I don't know.

Seeded
1. ???????
2. Ventspils Lat 3.199
3. Skonto Lat 2.199
4. Allianssi Fin 2.158
5. MyPa Fin 2.158
6. Kaunas Lit 1.759
7. Atlantas Lit 1.759
8. ÍBV Ice 1.594
9. Keflavik Ice 1.594
10. Cork Ire 1.374
11. Longford Ire 1.374

Unseeded
1. Vaduz Lie 1.320
2. TVMK Est 0.824
3. Flora Est 0.824
4. Portadown Nir 0.714
5. Larne Nir 0.714
6. Rhyl Wal 0.604
7. Newtown Wal 0.604
8. Etzella Lux 0.549
9. Jeunesse Esch Lux 0.549
10. B36 Far 0.329
11. NSÍ Far 0.329

Maybe they'll put Vaduz in the central group which they really are, to balance it 10/10 which would totally suit us. (especially Longford :p)

eoinh
02/11/2004, 4:52 PM
Its not certain that they will split the UEFA cup into regions like they did this season. Hope they do so. That northern section looks a lot easier :D

max power
02/11/2004, 4:55 PM
Maybe they'll put Vaduz in the central group which they really are, to balance it 10/10 which would totally suit us. (especially Longford :p)

us, what yee insome unique european comp, only one irish team in europe at the mo :mad:

Poor Student
03/11/2004, 10:10 PM
us, what yee insome unique european comp, only one irish team in europe at the mo :mad:

Max what does that mean? :confused:

I don't see why they won't do regional groups. It seems a Hungarian team has slipped into the first round. They could shift them and Vaduz into the central group making the Northern section unseeded even easier.

higgins
06/11/2004, 9:12 AM
If they go shifting Vaduz into the Central group or other teams from the unseeded half its a bad idea from Corks and Longfords point of view!!!

Fair play now to the Cork fans who were against Shels getting results in Europe last season.... you see how crucial those last minute goals from glen fitz are now..

Another draw or win in europe and you would not have to have to thread...

I hope its made clear to the longford players too that even if you are 10-0 down from the first leg that you need to get something from 2 legs for the co-efficient

Poor Student
06/11/2004, 11:29 AM
If they go shifting Vaduz into the Central group or other teams from the unseeded half its a bad idea from Corks and Longfords point of view!!!

Why? Vaduz don't belong there. With no Swedish team in the seeded they could shift Vaduz to central which is what they are and we now have ten of each with Longford and Cork the last two seeded sides and Vaduz the best unseeded removed.

higgins
06/11/2004, 12:30 PM
If you have the groups 100% correct then yes thats ok

all i am saying is that the more teams removed from the unseeded half mean the more teams in the seeded half dropping down

Unless its only 1 from 11 then your ok..
Anymore and you will become unseeded

anyway the seeds in the northern section is easy enough
The icelandic champions that played shels were useless (shels were not much better) if anyone draws a 2nd or cup winner from iceland they should easily get through ...

We need a few wins from the first round next season

not 3 draws from 6 games like we had this season :(

Oh and Vaduz are 1.320 from 0.320 last season!!
Well done Longford

HarpoJoyce
06/11/2004, 2:52 PM
I used to watch the co-efficents a closer years ago. But there appears to be two important changes.

1). There used be a 12 month delay before issuing points to a Country's table. To accomodate clubs with a season through the calender year ( i.e. Uefa couldn't tell Sweden or the Soviet Union in July, that there was a change in the table and the country in question had just lost or gained a
place for the coming September. So seasons totals in July were delayed 12 months). Has this changed?

2). Irish League, eircom League playing each other. As a direct result of the
crowd trouble at Shamrock Rovers/Linfield European Cup game at Glenmalure Park in 1984 ( it was on the Southside of Dublin for readers under 25) Irish League and LOI clubs were segregated away from each other. Are both leagues in the same draw again?

One more point, before Shels fans lecture other clubs on European comp. ( yes I mean you Mr. Higgins), they should look at their own record. I remember watching Shelbourne capitulate to AK Arkranes of Iceland 0-3 in Tolka. They lost by the same margin in the second leg also. It took Shels a while to get used to the extra effort needed.

higgins
06/11/2004, 3:41 PM
In answer to the first question ,, I think the 1 year rule still exists and if shels had of won the competition they would still be in the first round seeded half due to Ireland being ranked 38th that year... I think there is a delay in the tables for number of places on offer in europe.

Irsh teams are in the same draw and i dont know what would happen if they came out together. I always assumed it was ok as i heard no mention of it?? I cant see the problem but maybe UEFA do one of their 'Computer Draws' so that it never happens ???

AK Arkranes beat us fair and square over two legs as they were much the better team and really destroyed us in tolka with there pace and strength. shels at the time along with all teams were a fully part time outfit. Was it Gudjonhson (or however its spelled??) that played for them or someone famous enough?? The Icelandic league at the time was doing quite well and the were the 'Superpowers' of Icelandic football at the time attracting all the country's stars and really thought they were going places. Icelandic football went downhill then and that team were all sold on and broken up....

Next time you want to use examples go do some research...