PDA

View Full Version : Frenchman Sacked?

GalwayFrancis
01/11/2004, 11:17 PM
this topic was brought up on the Into The West Forum (http://www.network54.com/Forum/98595):

The news is that Tony Mannion has sacked our french star,he told him to leave the training ground on sunday morning ,Damien was not happy with been taken off last week and has had a falling out with tony,this is a great start for next season,things are really looking up!
Have no chance of getting promoted next season,the club needs a change of direction,where do you start.

is there any truth in this, if so i really shows what the club is made of.
we need someone to come in with some money to be able to hold on to our good players: Damien Dupuy, Alan Murphy, Eric Lavine the list goes on...

Terry
02/11/2004, 7:08 AM
As I said somewhere else, Damian is going back to France at the end of the season :( , so maybe it will be good for us to play without him and see what we are like? :o

Anyway, isn't what we were expecting? we have never held onto anything good! you could add Fergal Coleman, Ricky Flaherty, Ski....... to the list but to be honest, from memory, we have 1 good player coming through every season and neverheld on to 1 of them!

MANNION OUT ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

connemara
02/11/2004, 8:16 AM
Fans have to show they love Damo. Mannion has to stop. Would be the best thing for United !!! :mad: :mad:

galwaygirl
02/11/2004, 10:41 AM
"Did you see the reaction when Galway took off their no. 10- Dupuy, I think? He refused to shake hands with his replacement, sat down in the dugout pulling on a top. His manager approached him and he blanked him too, flouncing off to the dressing rooms, stamping his little feet. What a wankr!"

This was thread posted in the Bray Section of Foot.ie

One of very few matches i've missed this season and look what i miss :eek:
Can any Utd. supporter that was there tell me what happened?? :confused:

Terry
02/11/2004, 12:29 PM
According to the sentinel today they have patched up there differences and Dupuy is available for the match this friday! Hoorah! :)

GalwayFrancis
02/11/2004, 10:06 PM
According to the sentinel today they have patched up there differences and Dupuy is available for the match this friday! Hoorah! :)

but will he stay???

Terry
03/11/2004, 7:21 AM
As I said somewhere else, Damian is going back to France at the end of the season :(

This is the last time im posting it for you francis!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

looping
08/11/2004, 5:37 PM
ok lads i m gonna answer briefly just becauze i don t like rumours

first i don t come back to france ok Terry i just come back for christmas and the new year and hopefully i come back in ireland next

all i can say is thats not a question of money if thats what you think!

damien

bizanet
08/11/2004, 6:43 PM
bien répondu fiston!!!

connemara
09/11/2004, 7:47 AM
So the fans have to thank Mannion... :mad: :mad: :mad:

looping
09/11/2004, 9:40 AM
So the fans have to thank Mannion... :mad: :mad: :mad:

mais de rien papa et si apres ca ils ont pas compris!!!!

PS: salut eric!

Roo69
09/11/2004, 9:50 AM

When is Dupays contract up ? at the end of this season or next season ? I wonder could the lure of premier division football with the likes of a Bray, UCD or Harps take him away from Galway ?

joeSoap
09/11/2004, 9:52 AM
Can anyone shed light on the Derek McCarthy situation. I know he had a head to head with Mannion on friday after the game which has ended with him leaving the club 3 games early.
You don't become a bad striker overnight, and Derek is a cracker, our top scorer last season. I know he has the odd flaw, but Mannion seemed to take a personal dislike to him.Anyone know why?? Any rumours abounding. Something must have happened because he's 10 times a better striker than that O'Dowd fella ye have :confused:

looping
09/11/2004, 10:08 AM
Can anyone shed light on the Derek McCarthy situation. I know he had a head to head with Mannion on friday after the game which has ended with him leaving the club 3 games early.
You don't become a bad striker overnight, and Derek is a cracker, our top scorer last season. I know he has the odd flaw, but Mannion seemed to take a personal dislike to him.Anyone know why?? Any rumours abounding. Something must have happened because he's 10 times a better striker than that O'Dowd fella ye have :confused:

derek is gone for good this week in limerick
he s gone after the last match against monaghan

Terry
09/11/2004, 10:19 AM
You don't become a bad striker overnight

Funny you should say that, a few of the other players who haven't been getting a game lately, said the same thing to mannion in the past couple of weeks and they got no response from mannion. Just a shrug of the shoulders and he would then turn and walk away. A TOTALLY USELESS MANAGER WHO IS WELL PAST HIS SELL BY DATE :mad:

MANNION OUT NOW!!!!!!!

galwaygirl
09/11/2004, 10:43 AM
I know he had a head to head with Mannion on friday after the game which has ended with him leaving the club 3 games early.

never heard a thing about this episode joesoap :confused:
gonna have to get onto my sources and see what the story is :rolleyes:

Patrick Dunne
09/11/2004, 6:50 PM
Derek got at least six chances in the first team, and as far as I
am concerned, made little or no impact.

Tony made several mistakes during the year - one was discipline. A lot of the players seem to be giving out about Tony around the town. A lot of these wasters should realise that if a new man comes in the first thing he will do is clear out the deadwood immediately. We only have two or three Premier players, and at a stretch 7/8 who are good enough to get us into the top three in the First.

Tony signed eight players at the beginning of the year, his downfall was that many of them made little or no impact, for example :

Sean "The Invisible Hun" Flannery
Luke "Who ?" Byrne
Derek "Stella" McCarthy
Brendan "No, I can't remember him either" Hughes

None of the signings were outstanding, Damien Dupuy was the only player who came in and made a huge contribution.

If Tony stays, which I'd say is a strong possibility, the only signings will be local junior players, rubbish from Athlone/Limerick or players released by
Sligo/Longford. Our underage set up is a disaster. It has been destroyed by Salthills ridiculous "taking part is good enough", ethos, which can ultimately only lead to failure, and your rich daddy having to bail you out.

There are no outstanding young players coming through.
The U-18's were disbanded because "they were winning everything".
Madness. We are Galway United Football Club. We want to win everything.

Rant over !

galwaygirl
09/11/2004, 6:57 PM
Derek got at least six chances in the first team, and as far as I
am concerned, made little or no impact.

Tony made several mistakes during the year - one was discipline. A lot of the players seem to be giving out about Tony around the town. A lot of these wasters should realise that if a new man comes in the first thing he will do is clear out the deadwood immediately. We only have two or three Premier players, and at a stretch 7/8 who are good enough to get us into the top three in the First.

Tony signed eight players at the beginning of the year, his downfall was that many of them made little or no impact, for example :

Sean "The Invisible Hun" Flannery
Luke "Who ?" Byrne
Derek "Stella" McCarthy
Brendan "No, I can't remember him either" Hughes

None of the signings were outstanding, Damien Dupuy was the only player who came in and made a huge contribution.

If Tony stays, which I'd say is a strong possibility, the only signings will be local junior players, rubbish from Athlone/Limerick or players released by
Sligo/Longford. Our underage set up is a disaster. It has been destroyed by Salthills ridiculous "taking part is good enough", ethos, which can ultimately only lead to failure, and your rich daddy having to bail you out.

There are no outstanding young players coming through.
The U-18's were disbanded because "they were winning everything".
Madness. We are Galway United Football Club. We want to win everything.

Rant over !

Well Patrick Dunne, with a rant like that i'm surprised you dont have more posts on this forum :rolleyes:
You should have started a new thread with it though, cause i have a feeling there'll be alot of replies to it :D

shankilwanderer
09/11/2004, 7:07 PM
Ah well, It would be nice to get Damien Dupuy and Derek McCarthy over to the east coast for next season. :) :)

galwaygirl
09/11/2004, 7:24 PM
It would be nice to get Damien Dupuy

NO CHANCE :D :D

Patrick Dunne
09/11/2004, 7:29 PM
Well said Galway Girl.

Although Bray, with its double decker buses, easy availibility of heroin and
wide range of fast food establishments, could prove enticing for some Sligo Rovers "stars".

shankilwanderer
10/11/2004, 8:34 AM
You never know about players these days.

connemara
11/11/2004, 9:29 AM
Dupuy doesn't play... Good idea, isn't it ??? :eek: :mad: :(

galwaygirl
11/11/2004, 9:51 AM

What are you on about connemara :confused:

Terry
11/11/2004, 10:10 AM
Have you been drinking that bog water again ???? :)

connemara
11/11/2004, 2:18 PM
T'was a joke !!!! Oh, wake-up !!! Sure, Dam's has to play. But dear Tonny does not want :mad:

connemara
16/11/2004, 9:57 AM
T'was a joke but damo was substitue in Athlone. Playing at 69e ! Mr Mannion, its a joke ??? :confused: :mad: :o

looping
16/11/2004, 10:31 AM
T'was a joke but damo was substitue in Athlone. Playing at 69e ! Mr Mannion, its a joke ??? :confused: :mad: :o

non eric c est pas une blague malheureusement...

galwaygirl
16/11/2004, 10:39 AM

So connemara, were you at the game??

Terry
16/11/2004, 10:45 AM
do you think galwaygirl, that tony would have brought on Damien if we weren't singing his name for 90 minutes? mind you he made him play in midfield when he did come on, but still played far better than half of them out there!

galwaygirl
16/11/2004, 10:46 AM
start a new thread with a different title instead of keep adding to "frenchman sacked". It's very deceiving looking to see it keep popping up in New Posts with people adding to it all the time. :mad:

Damo hasnt been sacked, he is still with Galway SO START A NEW THREAD NOW PLEASE

galwaygirl
16/11/2004, 10:52 AM
do you think galwaygirl, that tony would have brought on Damien if we weren't singing his name for 90 minutes? mind you he made him play in midfield when he did come on, but still played far better than half of them out there!

I loved the chant that some1 came up with during the first half "He's class, he's french, why is Damo on the bench? Damien Dupuy, Damien Dupuy" Think even Looping himself enjoyed it :D ;) :D but in saying that, we shouldnt have had to make up songs like that because he should have started :mad: :mad:

connemara
16/11/2004, 5:01 PM
I was not at the game, so was not singing the song but I'm disapointed cause I think Damo is the best stricker for United next season. I'm wrong ? Who will start a new thread ? "Damo stay in Galway !!!" ;)

connemara
16/11/2004, 5:13 PM
To Galway girl : You're right ! Damo has not been sacked. Just punished... :rolleyes:

Patrick Dunne
16/11/2004, 7:27 PM
Whatever your opinions on Tony Mannions abilities as a manager or Damien Dupuys contribution to our great club this season, it is a managers prerogative to make changes as he (or she) decides.

I am a great fan of Damien, but his petulance against Bray was uncalled for. It may have been handled appallingly by Tony, but the initial act was childish in the extreme. I suspect that supporter resentment towards Tony is being channelled into increased support for Damien, even though he has not been at his best recently.

Tony is trying to crack down on discipline within the club, but at this stage it is akin to closing the stable door when the horse has bolted. His failure to discipline the overweight cretin who refused to attend away games while being paid a wage by the club was a fatal error. This gave other players free rein to do as they wished, which of course they did. Tony then attempts to crackdown by discipling one of our most disciplined players. As Gary Fitz might say - "You, sir, are a mong !".

It wouldn't have happened in my day. I could drink these posers under the table (Guinness, not Coors Light, you poofs !) and still have enough in reserve to clatter some lad from Mervue in the Connacht Senior League the next day. And in Mervue !

Halcyon days.