PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions in or out for the window

Darklordsbane
29/05/2014, 4:50 PM
I see Enda Curran has been released by Derry, would Cousins go for him on a free transfer?

Longfordian
29/05/2014, 4:57 PM
He's agreed to go to Galway by all accounts. We're well set up in most positions in fairness though if we could move Hynes on and bring in another striker that could improve us.

Acornvilla
29/05/2014, 4:59 PM
Sell Hynes and get an alud winger, we'd be grand then really.

Acornvilla
29/05/2014, 5:24 PM
Bring back old man Mick Lee and Tom Crawley!

Mister X
29/05/2014, 6:04 PM
Bring back old man Mick Lee and Tom Crawley!

we need to sign a winger! love to see Crawley back but he went to Australia last i heard, as for hynes i dont see him going but i would like to see him got rid of, he hasnt done anything to impress me to date for him to stay

outspoken
29/05/2014, 6:29 PM
We need a proven LOI winger and that doesn't mean another washed up has been ie Derek o brien. If we could get rid of Hynes and get a quality striker that would be a bonus but not a priority

peadar1987
29/05/2014, 6:35 PM
We need a proven LOI winger and that doesn't mean another washed up has been ie Derek o brien. If we could get rid of Hynes and get a quality striker that would be a bonus but not a priority

Keith Gillespie?

L.T.F.C.
29/05/2014, 10:49 PM
Just get rid of Hynes.

We won't be bringing anyone in as we still have the two boys to come in. It'll be the same job as last year anyway.

Darklordsbane
30/05/2014, 5:21 AM
Last year he brought in Kevin O Brien, Dean Ebbe, Ryan Connolly and Rhys Gorman, so I think there will be some movement again this year

Bosco
30/05/2014, 9:17 AM
We were badly hit with injuries at this stage last season, i'd be surprised if they are willing to fork out money for extra players at the moment.

I've given Hynes every chance but he is just infuriating at this stage....i'd like to see him shipped out but can't see it happening...

outspoken
30/05/2014, 12:57 PM
Wanna re-title this as the Hynes out thread 😂

nigel-harps1954
30/05/2014, 4:18 PM
Is young Carrigy still signed for ye? Is he available from July or was the transfer scrapped altogether?

Longfordian
30/05/2014, 4:23 PM
The last I heard, which was a couple of months ago admittedly, was that the plan was for him to train with the first team and be available from July. He's been playing GAA for his local team in the meantime as well I believe. There were complications to do with the LOI transfer deadline back in February as he was under 18 and it was an international transfer. In short, we'll know in July!

Mister X
31/05/2014, 11:45 AM
We have played 11 league games, 11 starts for sully,5 for shaw and 5 for hynes, sully has played 898 minutes, shaw 529 and hynes 363, sully has scored 10, shaw 1 and hynes 0...

Bosco
31/05/2014, 12:15 PM
We have played 11 league games, 11 starts for sully,5 for shaw and 5 for hynes, sully has played 898 minutes, shaw 529 and hynes 363, sully has scored 10, shaw 1 and hynes 0...

Move over Marty...there's a new stats master in town...

Darklordsbane
31/05/2014, 2:59 PM
Me thinks mister X is connected to the dressing room who else would have the minutes played

Longfordian
31/05/2014, 4:54 PM
If Mister X is who I think he is he's just someone who has been going to every game, not a member of the dressing room.

Cabs88
31/05/2014, 7:53 PM
Yes agree with whats been posted above re a winger. Having seen all the teams in the league this year (apart from Shels) if we can get the ball out wide quickly and good delivery from a pacy winger, we should create a lot more chances. Most teams sit back against us, we need to stretch teams to give our midfield and full backs more room to operate.

outspoken
01/06/2014, 10:36 AM
Yes agree with whats been posted above re a winger. Having seen all the teams in the league this year (apart from Shels) if we can get the ball out wide quickly and good delivery from a pacy winger, we should create a lot more chances. Most teams sit back against us, we need to stretch teams to give our midfield and full backs more room to operate.

Spot on

Mister X
02/06/2014, 2:52 PM
Me thinks mister X is connected to the dressing room who else would have the minutes played

or maybe mister x just has way too much time on his hands

outspoken
02/06/2014, 4:29 PM
Today's result really strengthens the argument for Hynes out and a goal scorer in no point having a striker on the bench that hasn't scored a goal in a single completion (did he even score in pre season?) and doesn't ever look like doing so.

Martinho II
02/06/2014, 10:27 PM
If there is a chance to get Enda Curran in I would take a chance on him.

nigel-harps1954
03/06/2014, 12:03 AM
If there is a chance to get Enda Curran in I would take a chance on him.

Already agreed to sign for Galway I believe.

Terry
03/06/2014, 8:35 AM
Enda has offers from several clubs at the moment, I wouldn't say it is a certainty that he will be joining Galway just yet, but there is space for him as our squad is a bit short at the moment with 7 or 8 players having left in the past few weeks

outspoken
03/06/2014, 5:01 PM
I have absolutely no doubt in my mind he will sign for Galway and they will win the league

Cabs88
04/06/2014, 2:23 PM
I have absolutely no doubt in my mind he will sign for Galway and they will win the league

The eternal optimist....

Terry
04/06/2014, 8:51 PM

I doubt it, Our target is top 3 still and see what happens in the play-offs.

Acornvilla
04/06/2014, 8:57 PM
Doesn't matter a ****e what your target is, if you're the best team in a league*, or at least not managed by Tony Cousins, you will be right up there. Dunne knows how to do a job in the 1st.

*If you bring in a few good players and the rest at the top don't do much, I'd consider Galway the best team, even if we have better individuals.

Town Legend
12/06/2014, 1:20 PM
From what I was told a couple of days ago we were looking at bringing in 3 players. One of them was Curran, who Cousins approached after been released. Curran has told Cousins that he's going to sign with Galway. But don't be surprised if Curran drags it out again like last season to 'decide' who he's joining.

Longfordian
12/06/2014, 2:34 PM
He's from Galway isn't he? Makes sense for him to sign with them now that they can afford to give him a few quid.

Terry
16/06/2014, 8:50 AM
He will be on the same wage structure as the other players if he signs. He hasn't been training with us though like the other players coming in have.

outspoken
16/06/2014, 6:21 PM
He's away on holidays at the moment be interesting to see what happens when he comes back, for me hel never be professional enough to make it at the top level like so many young Irish footballers unfortunately but he'd make a very good FD player for sure if his heads screwed on.

sadloserkid
23/06/2014, 4:52 PM
there is space for him as our squad is a bit short at the moment with 7 or 8 players having left in the past few weeks

Anybody of note gone?

Terry
26/06/2014, 7:17 AM
No. Mostly players who weren't making the first team

Keen2win
26/06/2014, 12:41 PM
When is the transfer window open and closed?

outspoken
26/06/2014, 6:12 PM
Opens July 1st and closes end of month

Mister X
03/07/2014, 11:19 PM
Story with russell? He wasent on the bench in galway and TC did say he was releasing 1 or 2

Longfordian
06/07/2014, 1:28 PM
Story with russell? He wasent on the bench in galway and TC did say he was releasing 1 or 2

TC apparently confirmed Russell has left us in the match programme last night (as per Marty's post on the main forum). May have wanted to move on as he wasn't getting a game I guess. Didn't set the world on fire when he did play in fairness but we could do with bringing in a replacement.

outspoken
06/07/2014, 7:22 PM
Disappointed with that he looked a decent player and was a nice lad too. Best of luck for the future. Surely a new winger on the way in so, although Kev O'Connor was superb last night.

L.T.F.C.
07/07/2014, 12:53 AM
Thought Russell was dirt to be honest!

outspoken
07/07/2014, 6:07 PM
Thought Russell was dirt to be honest!

Good left foot but probably too acostomed to time on the ball like he would have had in the premier, didn't like the rough and tumble of the FD like so many others before him.

hollocaine
18/07/2014, 2:35 PM
TC said on Shannonside that Chris Deans has retired due to an achilles injury. He was, along with Salmo, our longest serving player having joined prior to the 2010 season. A good servant to the Town and we'll all remember his heroics in last year's play offs.

Darklordsbane
18/07/2014, 2:52 PM
Yeah best of luck to Chris

Sheridan
18/07/2014, 3:42 PM
TC said on Shannonside that Chris Deans has retired due to an achilles injury. He was, along with Salmo, our longest serving player having joined prior to the 2010 season. A good servant to the Town and we'll all remember his heroics in last year's play offs.
When he came back from Derby, I thought Chris Deans was going to become one of the finest defenders ever seen in the Irish game. He had all the attributes needed, but it never really happened for him. Sad to see him retire.

Longfordian
18/07/2014, 4:19 PM
Don't recall seeing much of him at his peak but he was always caught for pace by the time he came to us. He did give us some good years overall but his actions in Tolka a few months back will always be a black mark against him and a bad way for him to go out as a Town player. As I say though he generally gave his best for us so good luck to him in whatever he does.

Martinho II
18/07/2014, 9:51 PM
He made six appearances for us this season and was three shy of makin 100 apps in total for us. I had no idea he had retired as one of the lads that post here was looking for his stats.. Like Longfordian my memories of him is limited but he was superb for us in the playoffs last season. His disclipinary record was dodgy to say the least but I would like to wish him the best of luck. he always had time for sect o at matches and reminded me of Vinny Perth in winding us up at matches at home!