PDA

View Full Version : LOI player arrested after arms seizure.

Pages : [1] 2

eoinh
01/11/2004, 5:19 PM
RTE Radio reported that one of the people arreseted is a LOI footballer. :eek:

Two held after Clonee arms seizure

01 November 2004 16:14
Gardaí in Dublin have arrested two people and seized a substantial quantity of arms and ammunition, following a raid on a house in Clonee this morning.

The raid is part of the garda operation delivery, the investigation into robberies of cash in transit vans and ATM machines.

Detectives found a machine gun, a sawn-off shotgun, a 9mm pistol and over 100 rounds of ammunition hidden in the bedroom. The ammunition was for each weapon.

The two men are being held at Blanchardstown Garda Station under Section 30 of the Offences Against The State Act. Both are in their 20s.

gael353
01/11/2004, 5:58 PM
MMM wonder who? id say hes playing with Dublin city and hes looking to get back to england to further his career lol and he featured in the Roddy Collins docu

exile
01/11/2004, 10:56 PM
is this for real saw about the 2 men being arrested but cant find anywhere on them saying loi player was involved

eoinh
01/11/2004, 11:06 PM
They said he was a LOI player on Five Seven Live.

fosterdollar
02/11/2004, 9:13 AM
i knew i heard that on the radio sometime this morning. Thought i was dreaming :o

GavinZac
02/11/2004, 9:19 AM
reynolds has gone over board this time...

or is it heary?

wait, its his 20s, its probably willy bruton so.

JDB
02/11/2004, 10:50 AM
Soccer star quizzed as gardai hold two over arms haul

A LEAGUE of Ireland soccer star was one of two men being questioned by gardai after a major arms haul was seized yesterday.

Gardai believe they can link the cache with a spate of shootings and armed robberies in Dublin and surrounding counties.

The haul was recovered as a result of intelligence gathered through Operation Delivery, the garda crackdown on the crime gangs involved in raids on ATM machines and cash in transit vans.

One of the two suspects is a well-known soccer figure, who played for a leading club in the premier division of the league last week.

The second man is suspected by senior garda officers of being associated with the main gang involved in the raids.

Both suspects are from Dublin. They were being detained last night under section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act at Blanchardstown garda station and were being questioned about the find and recent shootings in the city.

Gardai recovered a machine gun, a sawn-off shotgun and a 9mm pistol as well as more than 100 rounds of ammunition during a search of a rented house in Clonee on the outskirts of Dublin.

The swoop was carried out by detectives from the National Bureau of Criminal Investigation and local gardai on the instructions of bureau boss, Det Chief Supt Martin Donnellan. This followed months of investigation into the activities of the Finglas-based gang primarily responsible for the robberies.

Detectives are satisfied that one of the guns was used in a raid on a security van in Hartstown last month and are also probing a possible link with an incident in which a garda was shot in the thumb when he confronted an armed gang planning to snatch money outside an ATM machine at a garage in Finglas.

Intelligence gained by the detective team involved in Operation Delivery pinpointed the rented Clonee premises as being used as a "safe" house by one of the targeted gangs to store their weaponry and plan future raids.

But gardai said some of the occupants may not have known the house was being used by the gang. Further arrests are expected.

Tom Brady

$Leon$
02/11/2004, 10:56 AM
any idea who the el player is yet?

City Hero
02/11/2004, 12:27 PM
The title of the topic is a bit misleading to say the least.

If everybody wishes hard enough it might come true.

James
02/11/2004, 12:36 PM
moved to EL section, and merged with existing thread
nothing to do with CCFC

Macy
02/11/2004, 12:41 PM
nothing to do with CCFC
Are you absolutely certain? :D

max power
02/11/2004, 12:46 PM
ya beat me to it macy :D its my job to wind uo city fans :mad: :p

joeSoap
02/11/2004, 12:47 PM
I know that a good few of the Bohs lads live in Blanch....just a possibility. After all, he can't be from Rovers...the report said "Leading EL Club".

max power
02/11/2004, 12:53 PM
I know that a good few of the Bohs lads live in Blanch....just a possibility. After all, he can't be from Rovers...the report said "Leading EL Club".

defo not a limerick player then

Colm
02/11/2004, 12:59 PM

It's not a Bohs player from what I've heard.

joeSoap
02/11/2004, 1:03 PM
defo not a limerick player then

A limerickman associated with guns.....come off it Max Power :D :D

Longfordian
02/11/2004, 1:03 PM
Im gonna have a guess at Drogs, dont really know why..something shifty about Doolin :) Before anyone suggests us, all our players have been accounted for :) ..those who played last week were all either playing last night or at the match, plus the media would never call us a leading el Premier Division club!

joeSoap
02/11/2004, 1:12 PM
So...who was it then....someone must know.... :confused:

fosterdollar
02/11/2004, 1:16 PM
it says he PLAYED for a club so it could be that a) he played for a club for a brief period of time or b) he plyed for the club at underage level. It may not be as high profile as it sounds

Longfordian
02/11/2004, 1:20 PM
Doesn't it say that he played last week for a leading Premier Division team and is a well known figure in soccer circles?..Sounds pretty high profile to me.

fosterdollar
02/11/2004, 1:22 PM
woops, sorry. was too busy to read the whole thing. Just glanced at it and saw that he had played for a club. My apologies

drummerboy
02/11/2004, 2:16 PM
Just a hunch but I think it is Drogheda.

dahamsta
02/11/2004, 2:31 PM
I don't want to see names or speculation that suggests a name in this thread unless it's a repeat of something in the media, backed up by a link. If I see something I think creates a risk of litigation, the thread will be locked, the person responsible will get a ban. Since you've been warned, the ban will be permanent.

adam

Pablo
02/11/2004, 2:53 PM
I don't want to see names or speculation that suggests a name in this thread unless it's a repeat of something in the media, backed up by a link. If I see something I think creates a risk of litigation, the thread will be locked, the person responsible will get a ban. Since you've been warned, the ban will be permanent.

adam

and i was just about to tell you all who it was too ;)

Colm
02/11/2004, 3:40 PM
Just a hunch but I think it is Drogheda.

Not what I've heard.

Carlin
02/11/2004, 6:50 PM
Not what I've heard.

Not what I've heard either ;)

iceman
02/11/2004, 7:38 PM
Im gonna have a guess at Drogs, dont really know why..something shifty about Doolin :) Before anyone suggests us, all our players have been accounted for :) ..those who played last week were all either playing last night or at the match, plus the media would never call us a leading el Premier Division club!

AFAIK no Drogs involved and none resident in Blanchardstown. No absentees at training tonight.

Longfordian
02/11/2004, 8:24 PM
Fair enough..not that many teams left now..Dublin based players, Premier Division, well known..im sure we'll all find out sooner or later anyway..

LukeO
02/11/2004, 9:47 PM
EDIT:
Luke, I know you didn't actually post the players name but you did post a link to a site where it was revealed and I don't think Adam would be too happy to have that on foot.ie for fear of any legal implications.

btw, it is who it says it is on that site!

Colm

jimhacker
03/11/2004, 8:28 AM
Can't be anyone from Dublin City - none of them can shoot!

Roo69
03/11/2004, 8:47 AM
Can't be anyone from Dublin City - none of them can shoot!

I know who it is. people blew the story out of context. The bloke is renting an apartment in the house that was raided and the garda just questioned everyone involved at the station. i'd give names but ill be booted.

jimhacker
03/11/2004, 12:15 PM
Sounds like Rooney to me!

exile
03/11/2004, 1:46 PM
why cant he named in the general media ???? he was outed on another site
so everyone knows.
and if you put the word "alegedly" before naming someone your a safe as houses

soccerc
03/11/2004, 1:50 PM
why cant he named in the general media ???? he was outed on another site
so everyone knows.
and if you put the word "alegedly" before naming someone your a safe as houses

No you are not

joeSoap
03/11/2004, 1:50 PM
So what 'site' was it so the rest of us can find out ??

patsh
03/11/2004, 1:53 PM
So what 'site' was it so the rest of us can find out ??I would have a look at the mb of a club that (mistakenly) likes to think it is big.....;)

Longfordian
03/11/2004, 1:58 PM
I had a look at said mb and couldn't find anything related..maybe it was deleted?

exile
03/11/2004, 2:10 PM
the was just outed on another forum too :eek: :eek: :eek:

Roo69
03/11/2004, 2:19 PM
the was just outed on another forum too :eek: :eek: :eek:

If i post a persons name with no other details what so ever about it on a web site is that ok ? or if i just start a new thread with a persons name in the title is that ok.

or what about this.......

Just let's say, he's no sinner ! he's a "saint" - surely nothing wrong with that ?
if there is let me know and ill take it down ASAP. :confused:

wws
03/11/2004, 2:28 PM
i cant make head nor tail of this - but if your post above Roo is accurate (and I have a feeling it could well be) regarding the fact that the player was innocently dragged into this by virtue of just living there than he has commited no crime and continuously linking him with this is just basic bad form

people should just let justice take its course - if theres anything in this it would emerge in due course and charged peopel would be identified

it seems to me to be putting the cart before the horse to "identify" someone who has not even been charged let ALONE found guilty of any offence

max power
03/11/2004, 2:30 PM
i cant make head nor tail of this - but if your post above Roo is accurate (and I have a feeling it could well be) regarding the fact that the player was innocently dragged into this by virtue of just living there than he has commited no crime and continuously linking him with this is just basic bad form

people should just let justice take its course - if theres anything in this it would emerge in due course and charged peopel would be identified

it seems to me to be putting the cart before the horse to "identify" someone who has not even been charged let ALONE found guilty of any offence

olny decent post on this thread

exile
03/11/2004, 2:33 PM
if you think about it could somone actualy live in a place a not know that they were there :eek:
those guns and a hell of alot of ammunation would take up a good part of a room in the house
but innocent until proven guilty of course we are after all a democratic nation

wws
03/11/2004, 2:41 PM
if you think about it could somone actualy live in a place a not know that they were there :eek:
those guns and a hell of alot of ammunation would take up a good part of a room in the house
but innocent until proven guilty of course we are after all a democratic nation

yes, innocent always until proven guilty but there is even a stage before that arises - ie not one el player has been charged with anything at this point - this speculation is out of order in the circumstances

Roo69
03/11/2004, 3:40 PM

lol.... i thought the "saint" part might give ya an insight into it ! :D

Yeah a team mate of his was telling me what happened, he has nothing to do with it what so ever, and along with a few other people who live in the same place were only questioned by gardai which means nothing. It's a nothing story which a few heads tried to blow in to something big.

wws
03/11/2004, 3:54 PM
DA HAMSTA

in light of the above suggest moving this to rubbish....????

jimhacker
03/11/2004, 4:10 PM
He's also the guy who doped yer man's horse and did the break-in in Kill!

wws
03/11/2004, 4:14 PM
I heard from a man in a pub that the horse carried out the breakin.....no doubt strung out on drugs again while he trashed the place

exile
03/11/2004, 4:15 PM
he was also the guy on the grassy knoll :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Sheliban
07/11/2004, 7:19 PM
I'm getting very confused here.
I live in Littlepace / Castaheany, which is often regarded to as Clonee.
I know of at least five Premier Division players who live in the estate. The Drogheda man is incorrect when he says none of their players live in the area.
Local gossip, which I know counts for nothing, has produced only one name consistently, and the latest rumour is that he has been released on bail, which doesn't tie in with the innocent bystander theory.

iceman
07/11/2004, 8:20 PM
I said no Drog players were resident in Blanchardstown.