PDA

View Full Version : The Bohs are back in town

Mister X
26/05/2014, 1:25 AM
Surprised nobody posted anything up yet. I know we now have 3 games in 7 days (bohs,shams,cobh) but i still think TC will go with a full strength team with hynes starting as it is a quarter final.. Be great to get a result!

seemingly rhys is out which is a big loss considering the run in of games but break is coming up soon so could of been worse!

here is my starting 11 prediction anyway
hunt,wille,havo,flynn,sullivan,kev o conner,rice,russell,nkololo,sully,hynes

outspoken
26/05/2014, 12:32 PM
Surprised nobody posted anything up yet. I know we now have 3 games in 7 days (bohs,shams,cobh) but i still think TC will go with a full strength team with hynes starting as it is a quarter final.. Be great to get a result!

seemingly rhys is out which is a big loss considering the run in of games but break is coming up soon so could of been worse!

here is my starting 11 prediction anyway
hunt,wille,havo,flynn,sullivan,kev o conner,rice,russell,nkololo,sully,hynes

Personally I think hel go with a similar team that played last Tuesday minus a lot of the under 19's. Bohs are very beatable and for that reason we should be and TC should be confident. Attack from the off don't sit back and whatever will be will be. Cup magic in store me thinks. C'mon de town

Acornvilla
26/05/2014, 1:14 PM
Really hope we win and believe we can, this could turn out to be a very good season yet the way things have started to shape up.. Silly me, allowing myself to have some hope.

Longfordian
26/05/2014, 2:33 PM
Should be a good open game, Bohs are talking about playing their young lads. Nothing to lose as said above, may as well have a go at them and see what happens.

L.T.F.C.
26/05/2014, 9:46 PM
Havo likes handballing!

Mister X
26/05/2014, 10:06 PM
biggest problem is that havo and o conner are now out for fridays game along with rhys and deans!

outspoken
26/05/2014, 11:21 PM
Bohs battered us before the penalty and the goal and they fully deserved their 2-0 lead once it came. Then they just seemed to let the game pass by and we took it by the scruff of the neck and gave it a real go and I think all de town fans were very proud of the lads leaving the field tonight as they showed with their applause from the stands. Suspensions for Friday were only down side, silly from both lads.

Chris bennion was heroic and must start Fridays or questions need answering, great to see Don back and up front too, maybe TC will give him a chance up there with sully soon.

nigel-harps1954
27/05/2014, 12:01 AM
I might be wrong, but I think EA Sports Cup suspensions don't count in the League. Might change when put out of the cup though, not too sure on that one.

Longfordian
27/05/2014, 7:00 AM
Yeah it would ordinarily be the next game in the competition that they'd miss but as we're gone out they'll both miss the next competitive game as far as I know. Hopefully they don't get any additional games.

Darklordsbane
27/05/2014, 9:06 AM
or if it's cup competitions they are suspended from it could be either the FAI ford cup or god forbid the Final of the Leinster senior cup

Longfordian
27/05/2014, 9:30 AM
No I'm certain it's the next competitive game. If you have a look at previous suspension lists it's happened with a player or players from other teams this season.

Your love of the LSC is amusing by the way. It's a grand little bonus and has given squad players a few games but it's down the list of priorities.

outspoken
27/05/2014, 12:08 PM
Longfordian is correct it will be next competitive game, O'connor will only get 1 game but hopefully Haverty doesn't get any additional ones. Again 2 silly sendings off in such a hectic schedule but we have the depth to cover it this year that's the bonus.

Darklordsbane
27/05/2014, 1:10 PM
I Don't love the LSC but it should be used as a stepping stone look at the Irish team never won anything or qualified either, then the go and win a micky mouse trophy in Iceland or Greenland then we had some great times although we still didn't win anything we did qualify and yes I know we won the Minnie mouse consulation trophy between us Scotland Northern Ireland and Wales, but I don't count that.
look also at the EPL Chelsea beat Liverpool in the whatever cup go on to greater things, Man city the same, Liverpool not so much but nearly, Cardiff lost to Liverpool the next season get promoted but get relegated, there are loads of examples of teams that haven't got to a final or won anything for years do it one year and get a bit of belief in themselves and they go on a good run over the next couple of years
Fingers crossed it De Towns turn

outspoken
27/05/2014, 5:29 PM
I Don't love the LSC but it should be used as a stepping stone look at the Irish team never won anything or qualified either, then the go and win a micky mouse trophy in Iceland or Greenland then we had some great times although we still didn't win anything we did qualify and yes I know we won the Minnie mouse consulation trophy between us Scotland Northern Ireland and Wales, but I don't count that.
look also at the EPL Chelsea beat Liverpool in the whatever cup go on to greater things, Man city the same, Liverpool not so much but nearly, Cardiff lost to Liverpool the next season get promoted but get relegated, there are loads of examples of teams that haven't got to a final or won anything for years do it one year and get a bit of belief in themselves and they go on a good run over the next couple of years
Fingers crossed it De Towns turn

So what your saying is the Iceland or Greenland cup or whatever it was called was bigger than the Carling nations cup 🙈 your lakes

Mister X
27/05/2014, 8:22 PM
I Don't love the LSC but it should be used as a stepping stone

stepping stone for the champions league perhaps ?

Town Legend
28/05/2014, 12:35 AM
This just gets better and better!

Acornvilla
28/05/2014, 2:52 AM
Yer being awfully mean.

Bosco
28/05/2014, 8:10 AM
Having said that, Birmingham won the League cup a few years ago and then got relegated so be careful what you wish for Darklord...

Longfordian
28/05/2014, 9:08 AM
Does anyone know of a team using, say, the Johnstones Paint Trophy, as a springboard to further glory?

outspoken
28/05/2014, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know of a team using, say, the Johnstones Paint Trophy, as a springboard to further glory?

Southampton did to be fair but I think a day out in wembley with 60,000 fans is probably a bigger boost than losing to st pats reserves team in front of 400 people at Richmond park.

Darklordsbane
28/05/2014, 1:04 PM
HaHa
nice to know I can still get a reaction on here, I know the examples were miles above our quality, but you have to start again somewhere, another win on Friday will do for now