PDA

View Full Version : Dress code????

$Leon$
01/11/2004, 11:38 AM
just wondering what are peoples views on the interduction of a dress code for supporters at el matches? the fai are thinkin of it to combat the hooligan element that is present at some clubs. dress code would b smart casual. similar to that of most nightclubs. with the exception of jerseys been allowd if worn over a nice clean well ironed shirt.

Terry Phelan
01/11/2004, 11:49 AM
what u on boy?

$Leon$
01/11/2004, 11:51 AM
what u on boy?

this is a serious question terry. no muckin about. need to entice a better class of fans to el matches. u headin to tolka? might c u der and we can discuss this further tonight

Maz
01/11/2004, 11:55 AM
and coloured wellies for the ladies!! :rolleyes:

$Leon$
01/11/2004, 11:55 AM
I'll start off then Leon.

Pringle socks.

are u tryin to ban them or make them an integral part of the dress code?

the 12 th man
01/11/2004, 12:18 PM

Pringle socks.

coupled with tweed jackets and corduroy trousers.topped off with nice "clancy brothers" monkey hats.

should make for a brilliant atmosphere :rolleyes:

green goblin
01/11/2004, 12:31 PM
Pastel coloured Val Doonican cardigan for me, worn over a polo neck sweater. Lovely.

Pablo
01/11/2004, 2:11 PM
i'll go for the classic 007 look. black tux and open necktie ;)

Ruairi
01/11/2004, 2:22 PM
flat caps all round, like the good ol' days

Plastic Paddy
01/11/2004, 2:57 PM
Dress code indeed. :rolleyes: You can't polish a turd. The undesirables will still be exactly that, no matter how they are attired.

:) PP

TheJamaicanP.M.
01/11/2004, 7:36 PM
just wondering what are peoples views on the interduction of a dress code for supporters at el matches? the fai are thinkin of it to combat the hooligan element that is present at some clubs. dress code would b smart casual. similar to that of most nightclubs. with the exception of jerseys been allowd if worn over a nice clean well ironed shirt.

$Leon$, I would be very surprised if the FAI tried to implement such a measure. Its a nice thought but I cant see it happening. I was at the Leinster rugby match in Lansdowne at the weekend and it struck me how well dressed those supporters are. Football supporters are a different kettle of fish however. :confused:

$Leon$
02/11/2004, 11:14 AM
I was at the Leinster rugby match in Lansdowne at the weekend and it struck me how well dressed those supporters are. Football supporters are a different kettle of fish however. :confused:

my point exactly that sort of crowd would be totally acceptable to me. they might not make a huge amount of noise but with a good sound system and some recorded chants we'd be away with it

sylvo
02/11/2004, 1:35 PM
Dress code's mmmm, I reckon a nice off the shoulder number with sequins, as for the woman well they can wear what they like. ;)

A face
02/11/2004, 11:20 PM
Arran sweaters ... i think that should be the dress code ... everyone in Arran sweaters and paddy hats. That'd be the job !! :p

green goblin
03/11/2004, 8:42 AM
Arran sweaters ... i think that should be the dress code ... everyone in Arran sweaters and paddy hats. That'd be the job !! :p

Genius!!! Every single man, woman and child in Arran sweaters. My goodness Face, it's genius!
And a Claddagh ring on every finger of both hands. We can bling with the best of 'em!

$Leon$
03/11/2004, 9:57 AM

and what about comley madids dancing in the centre circle at half time

Dublin12
03/11/2004, 3:17 PM
It's only a matter of time before the FAI have us all dressed as leprechauns,red beard,stupid hat and plastic hammer,mark my words :eek:

Don Vito
03/11/2004, 5:00 PM
How about pink shirts or pink ties as the dress code Leon? Combined with putty obviously.

Dillo
03/11/2004, 5:50 PM
Pink shirts only do so much for one's complexion. Not everyone is cut out for such colours.

TheJamaicanP.M.
03/11/2004, 5:52 PM
Pink shirts only do so much for one's complexion. Not everyone is cut out for such colours.

Agree 100% with you Dillo. I believe any shade of blue is better for the complexion. Or maybe white with black.

$Leon$
04/11/2004, 7:26 PM
How about pink shirts or pink ties as the dress code Leon? Combined with putty obviously.

putty i can live with but not the complusary wearing of pink/salmon shirts.
don't really want el fans too look like der off to a barbara streisant tribute show in the george. :o

Éanna
04/11/2004, 8:12 PM
flat caps all round, like the good ol' days
don't forget your rattle or I'll give you a darned good british style thrashing- six of the best, trousers down.*ah, they were simpler times :D :D

*- Its a blackadder quote before I start getting funny looks :D

1 9 2 8
04/11/2004, 9:30 PM
Dose this mean we will all have to wear stone island and armani :rolleyes:

TheJamaicanP.M.
05/11/2004, 8:13 PM
Dose this mean we will all have to wear stone island and armani :rolleyes:
We'll let you away with a pair of adidas track-suit bottoms, reebok trainers and a Ben Sherman check shirt. It might be difficult for you to get hold of Armani in Sligo. Similar allowances to be made for Cork fans. :D :p

1 9 2 8
06/11/2004, 9:10 PM
We'll let you away with a pair of adidas track-suit bottoms, reebok trainers and a Ben Sherman check shirt
Add a cheap gold chain to that and we'd look like a Longford fan ;) :D

$Leon$
08/11/2004, 8:11 PM
Add a cheap gold chain to that and we'd look like a Longford fan ;) :D

lads this is a serious thread. if a strict door policy had been implimented the trouble that happened on friday in tolka wouldn't have happened

TheJamaicanP.M.
08/11/2004, 8:27 PM
lads this is a serious thread. if a strict door policy had been implimented the trouble that happened on friday in tolka wouldn't have happened

Im beginning to come round to your way of thinking $Leon$. Maybe a dress code might eradicate some of the more thuggish elements of some EL supporters.

$Leon$
09/11/2004, 12:42 PM
Im beginning to come round to your way of thinking $Leon$. Maybe a dress code might eradicate some of the more thuggish elements of some EL supporters.

finally someone sees my point of view