PDA

View Full Version : Many for Tolka tonight?

Terry Phelan
01/11/2004, 7:42 AM
Shelbourne manager Pat Fenlon has admitted that his players will be in nervous mood ahead of Monday night’s clash with Cup winners Longford Town at Tolka Park – despite their seemingly invincible position at the top of the Premier Division table.

Following Friday night’s 0-0 draw with second-placed Cork City at Tolka, Shels need to slip up twice in their last four games to allow the Leesiders back into contention for the eircom League crown.

But with just one win in their last four games, the Reds are hardly in the type of imperious form that they enjoyed early in the campaign – and Fenlon concedes that, with so much at stake, there will inevitably be a few nerves.

He told the Sunday World: “It gets very nervy at this stage of the season, but we’d have taken a four-point lead with four to go if it was offered at the start of the season. We must be wary against Longford ... We’ll be looking to beat them, that’s our only target at the moment.”

Longford can do it tonight,I reckon 2-1 to Longford.

Dillo
01/11/2004, 8:42 AM
Yep I'll be going. Can see it being a dull affair though. Town have nothing to play for at this stage and I can't see them getting anything from the game tonight.

Maz
01/11/2004, 8:44 AM
They could always play for a higher league position!!
I think town will play well tonight, they are always up for the big games, and this is a big game maybe not so much for us but for shels!!
btw il be there

elwood
01/11/2004, 9:32 AM
can't see too many traveling for this one, a lot of people think our season is over and aren't as willing to travel.

might go if i can get out of here in time

Albert
01/11/2004, 11:16 AM
depending a bit on work here too but I should be popping along, Difficult game, but I dot sign up to the idea that we hav nothing to play for, Dublin City havent given up judging by their performance against Derry, and while Im sure we are safe its not a mahematical certainty yet. Id like to see us clear of anymore stupid worries, we should not even be at this end of the table and for the last few games id like us to prove that. One win and itsall over as regards relegation talk, is that not something to play for? rather than hoping Dublin City just keep losing ad grant us our place

max power
01/11/2004, 11:22 AM
we need 2 points

$Leon$
01/11/2004, 11:24 AM
should be able to make this 1. in a rough part of town but i'll do it for de town. won't take da wheels too risky. i mean after all its not a tank

Maz
01/11/2004, 2:19 PM
7.30pm or 7.45pm ko?

Dillo
01/11/2004, 2:29 PM
Kick off is at 7:45.

Maz
01/11/2004, 2:31 PM
much appreciated!

thecorner
01/11/2004, 3:37 PM
few city fans going along as well to lend their support ;)

max power
01/11/2004, 3:38 PM
corner go away :D

Dillo
01/11/2004, 3:39 PM
Predictions for tonight lads??

thecorner
01/11/2004, 3:39 PM
i see that max hasnt said he is going...great fan :rolleyes:

max power
01/11/2004, 3:41 PM
asking me am i going is a silly question corner. course i'm going to see the only two teams in ireland with any silverware :D

i'll be the one freezing my balls off on the side of the pitch, trying to get a nice pic of ollie cahill for yee lot.....

Dillo
01/11/2004, 3:44 PM
Put a few pairs of boxers on you. Important to keep warm down there. ;)

Terry Phelan
01/11/2004, 3:48 PM
good point max,we'l be watchin the real champions tonight. Dillo-its not that cold out,u must be a bit of a whimp!

Albert
02/11/2004, 8:37 AM
I wasnt impressed with last nights performance at all, I thought we gave up the chase far too easily and team concentration was poor. Not good enough for a team with a relegation fight on their hands. I suppose we can put it down to the cup hangover which is real enough and of course Shels are a well superior side who probably needed it more last night, but I am getting worried that the complacency that the season is over and we are out of relegation trouble is settling in on the players as much as the fans. Granted Id rather be us than Dublin City, but we really are too good of a side to even be in this position, we know all about how its not over till the fat lady sings....

As for the game I dont think any of the lads looked really up for it, but nice to see Dessie fond the net again

the 12 th man
02/11/2004, 8:58 AM
could'nt get there last night but i heard some radio coverage.
we seem to ship way too many goals on set pieces whether they be corners or free kicks.
considering the height of our defenders its a bit hard to understand :(

max power
02/11/2004, 9:49 AM
well said 12th man.