PDA

View Full Version : Waterford away

outspoken
22/05/2014, 10:50 AM
What a massive league game this is. Win this and our 2 games in hand and were bang in contention for the title. We have an awful record down at the RSC and all the off field issues have really galvanised the club, the fans are bang behind their players and as a result I expect an unbelievable atmosphere down there. Team selection will be very very interesting (as always).

Bennion playing Tuesday night would suggest Hunt was given the nod for another league outing but after Benno's superb display on Tuesday night surely TC will reconsider that option.

Mulhall was superb on Tuesday night again and I would love to see him get the nod at right back even though he is less experienced than Havo, I just feel he gives us far more going forward and is a lot stronger defensively than people think despite his age. Centre halfs would be Flynn and Sulli with Tyrell left full.

Midfield - Kevin O'connor is not a winger and after a surprn display Tuesday I think it's time some faith was put in Sean Russell especially for set piece deliveries which were A1 on Tuesday. Salmo and Rice pick themselves at this stage but that still leaves us looking for an in form winger on the other side and it's something we sadly don't have so I expect O'connor to start. This has to be our number 1 priority in the transfer window.

Up front, Hynes was dirt on Tuesday night so not a chance in hell hel play which leaves Shaw and Sully who linked up superbly against cobh and Mervue in recent weeks.

Overall, with a home game next Friday followed by a very very winnable game with cobh I'd take a point tomorrow night and go all out for 3 points In those 2 games leaving us still with Wexford to play at home and 2 games against shels. We can still do this lads, just need to manage the games right and be clever.

Longfordian
22/05/2014, 3:24 PM
In terms of getting in wide players in the window, we (presumably) have Daryl Carrigy to come in in July along with Conor O'Brien who may be available from June apparently. Not sure if O'Brien is a central or wide player.

Darklordsbane
22/05/2014, 3:35 PM
I agree we need good wingers, a decent all round goal keeper wouldn't go astray either, not just a brilliant shot stopper

outspoken
22/05/2014, 6:46 PM
Another goalkeeper is the last thing we need 😂🙈🙈 carrigy and O'Brien are totally unknown quantities and afaik both are natural front men more than anything else. What we need is a proven LOI winger

Martinho II
22/05/2014, 9:07 PM
In terms of getting in wide players in the window, we (presumably) have Daryl Carrigy to come in in July along with Conor O'Brien who may be available from June apparently. Not sure if O'Brien is a central or wide player.

Pardon my ignorance why did Conor O Brien not arrive as promised in preseason??I thought he was part of the panel:confused:

Longfordian
22/05/2014, 9:24 PM
He and Carrigy weren't registered in time, as far as I'm aware. Not sure on the specifics of why not but obviously a mistake was made somewhere along the line. May be able to register O'Brien as an amateur in June seemingly or as a pro in July. That was what I heard at the start of the season anyway not sure if things have changed since regarding registering him as soon as possible.

Darklordsbane
22/05/2014, 11:04 PM
I wasn't suggesting getting a third goalie I was suggesting replacing Bennion,
I haven't seen enough of Hunt but he doesn't look that much better, I think De Town would be far better off with an all round goalie who will do the whole job not just 1/3rd of it. I guess they are all taken that's why we are left with what we have got
Yes I know they pull off some great saves, but a lot of goals that look very easy to me are scored, like Sheriff the other night, ball over Bennions head, he just watched it go in not even an attempt at a save, he was in his 6 yard box and is well over 6 feet tall, Yes he through himself in the way near the end and pulled off 2 very quick saves but no one will convinse me he is a brilliant goal keeper, but it's not me who pays his wages so good luck to him

Town Legend
23/05/2014, 3:36 PM
3 points needed tonight but not confident in getting them. Unable to make the trip tonight so will be glued to livescore and futbol24 as extratime should be renamed wasteoftime! Coverage of Town games this and last have gone downhill big time compared to previous years.

Longfordian
23/05/2014, 5:17 PM
Is Deniese O'Flaherty still contributing to Extratime? She used to do Town games pretty regularly for them. She may not be able to do it any more considering it's voluntary.

L.T.F.C.
23/05/2014, 5:21 PM
Bet365 too!

Longfordian
23/05/2014, 9:13 PM
Great win sounds like it was a cracking game too. Great to see Davy hitting top form again. Hopefully we're starting to kick into gear at last.

Darklordsbane
23/05/2014, 9:17 PM
Great 3 points didn't see it unfortunately, moving up the table nicely, we will have to keep an eye on Wexford as they are only 1 point behind us and 2 games in hand of Shels same as us

Longfordian
23/05/2014, 9:18 PM
Well one of those games is against us so you'd hope we can take the three points off them given we're at home. Who have they got this weekend? Rovers B?

Mister X
24/05/2014, 2:47 AM
we should of won the game in the first half, had plenty of chances to kill the game off.. but of course we do it the hard way and a wonder goal by etanda get us the 3points

we are in a very good position at the moment imo, 2 games to go till the break, rovers b and cobh , where as shels have galway at home... if we could get 6 points outta them 2 games, which we should, that would leave us 2 points behind shels with a game in hand pending their result against galway!

nigel-harps1954
24/05/2014, 8:46 AM
we should of won the game in the first half, had plenty of chances to kill the game off.. but of course we do it the hard way and a wonder goal by etanda get us the 3points

we are in a very good position at the moment imo, 2 games to go till the break, rovers b and cobh , where as shels have galway at home... if we could get 6 points outta them 2 games, which we should, that would leave us 2 points behind shels with a game in hand pending their result against galway!

You've Harps before the mid-season break too.

outspoken
24/05/2014, 10:01 AM
Superb win last night, a great game of football to watch too.

Positives - We won 😂
sully and rices performance in particular.
Our attacking football in the first half
Nkololo finally showing what he's all about

Negatives -
Waterford were fairly cack and we sat back and allowed them onto us when we should have been looking to stuff them, typical cousins.
Paul Hunt was atrocious and before anyone says how can you say that without giving facts il give them to you now - He came flying out of his goals for the first goal when there was no need and was rounded with ease, he didn't command his box at all for the 2nd goal and in the dying seconds he punched a ball that was knee high when any other keeper would have caught it, luckily the player it fell to inside he box couldn't control it and we held on. Also in the 3rd minute he spilt a dribbler of a shot and was extremely lucky to get it at the 2nd attempt. Hopefully TC heard the fans chants for Chris Bennion and acts on them come Friday night.

Other than that a great night to be a Town fan. Roll on Monday #cupkings

Darklordsbane
24/05/2014, 10:05 AM
Bennion doesn't command his box either, I'm not a fan of either keeper, but we have what we have, so it's fingers crossed for every ball into the box for every game

Acornvilla
24/05/2014, 11:10 AM
Glad that TC's turned the horrific start around somewhat and we've been winning all round us lately, but, not many glowing reports flying around so far. Hopefully we keep it up none the less. I love a good cup run or three!!

Town Legend
24/05/2014, 1:43 PM
I'll tip my hat to Cousins if come the end of the season we're top of the league but I wouldn't hold my breath on that!! Still expecting to see our seasonal series 3 collapse to happen!!

Martinho II
24/05/2014, 4:49 PM
nokolo goal was superb. I would compare it to Norman Whitesides in the FA Cup final it was that great! the goal came out of nowhere. I didnt even think ethan was capable of it!

Acornvilla
25/05/2014, 1:40 PM
Do we start calling him the black Juninhio so?

Darklordsbane
25/05/2014, 2:50 PM
Careful now you might get into trouble calling him black anything maybe our Juninhio would be more politically correct

Acornvilla
25/05/2014, 2:55 PM
Calling Davy the white Pele is the same sort of thing, Ted.

Darklordsbane
25/05/2014, 6:47 PM
Totally agree, I'm as guilty as anyone when I don't remember someones name I would catch myself saying the black lad on the wing instead of your man on the left or right wing, don't know why must be an Irish thing

wullie
30/05/2014, 2:34 PM
http://bluestid.blogspot.ie/search?updated-max=2014-05-26T21:10:00%2B01:00&max-results=10