PDA

View Full Version : Bucket list

OwlsFan
22/05/2014, 7:59 AM
This weekend I will, please God, cross off the top item on my bucket list, namely a trip to Volgograd, aka Stalingrad. As a serious WW2 buff I have done the D-Day beaches, various U-Boat pens in France, Bridge Too Far stuff, Hitler trail in Munich, Assassination of Heydrich trail in Prague, stood on the Nuremberg rostrum when Hitler watched the parades etc but Stalingrad was always where I wanted to go. The turning point of the war, the bloodiest battle. Not much left to see there I know but it will be an ambition fulfilled.

Any more unfulfilled bucket lists out there (as opposed to going to see Ireland win the World Cup in Brazil). ?

Mr A
22/05/2014, 11:06 AM
Am into the WWII stuff too so would love to see some of those things. I really like the Swilly forts too, Dunree and Lenan are two of my favourite places.

I'd like to cycle Mizzen to Malin. I want to follow Harps in Europe. I'd like to see some of the battlefields of the American civil war and also tour the US for a month or two. Lots of other stuff too.

A N Mouse
22/05/2014, 11:24 AM
Am into the WWII stuff too so would love to see some of those things. I really like the Swilly forts too, Dunree and Lenan are two of my favourite places.

I'd like to cycle Mizzen to Malin. I want to follow Harps in Europe. I'd like to see some of the battlefields of the American civil war and also tour the US for a month or two. Lots of other stuff too.

...And the genie says 'About that dog'!

SkStu
22/05/2014, 10:45 PM
for starters...

cage diving with sharks
http://www.thedivesite.co.za/files/1/images/tumblr_lvctxgweku1qdfazlo1_500.jpg

spend some time volunteering in Africa

thischarmingman
23/05/2014, 4:02 AM
Spend a few months exploring Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq.

osarusan
23/05/2014, 4:10 AM
Climbing Mount Everest is the last thing on my list.

gastric
23/05/2014, 5:10 AM
Spend 6 months travelling through South America!

BonnieShels
26/05/2014, 10:30 PM
1. Travel from Alaska down to Buenos Aires over a few months.
2. Visit Antarctica.
3. Drive across Canada/US
4. See Ireland win a major tournament in soccer.
5. Cycle around Europe.

nigel-harps1954
26/05/2014, 11:57 PM
Watch Finn Harps win the FAI Cup in Lansdowne Road and subsequently travel to watch them in Europe.
Play a major concert in front of a sellout crowd.
Play a competitive football match with my son.
Take the family and visit Australia for a summer.
Qualify for a major darts tournament.

If I did all of those before I mosey onwards, I'd be a very happy man.