PDA

View Full Version : booing the kids

exile
31/10/2004, 7:32 PM
rambeler asked this on the official site, booing the kids was it right wrong or a heat of the moment thing :D ;) :D

Fair_play_boy
31/10/2004, 7:39 PM
Embarrassing to hear it. Jeez, is that what we are coming to. :o

GavinZac
31/10/2004, 7:44 PM
it was a bit of a laugh, no more mailicous than booing the hit the bar people. poor SÓC :(

thecorner
31/10/2004, 10:14 PM
as i said on the official site:

they are shels,they are fair game

anyway ruin their confidence when they are young,should set shels back a few years :D

Éanna
31/10/2004, 10:58 PM
it was harmless messing for ****s sake. anyone getting their knickers in a twist over it has got too much time on their hands.

patsh
01/11/2004, 7:50 AM
it was harmless messing for ****s sake. anyone getting their knickers in a twist over it has got too much time on their hands.As someone who has obviously way to much time on his hands, I thought it was a disgrace. 7 & 8 year old kids are now "fair game". Disgusted....:mad:

DolansWaistcoat
01/11/2004, 11:46 AM
I thought it was a bit harsh on the smallies although a lot of them were bigger than our boy Kearney who would have had a field day if he was out there at half time. ;) :D

ccfcgirl
01/11/2004, 11:48 AM
i dont think the booing was right

boc123
01/11/2004, 12:01 PM
I don't think it was right, but to be honest I hardly even noticed it. Was it that loud????

Pablo
01/11/2004, 12:21 PM
get a life people :rolleyes:

paudie
01/11/2004, 12:25 PM
Wasn't at the game so i shouldn't comment but i don't think there's much difference between booing under age players and booing current/former Rangers players playing at Lansdowne Road.

I know its hilarious and all but why bother?

Pablo
01/11/2004, 12:28 PM
Wasn't at the game so i shouldn't comment but i don't think there's much difference between booing under age players and booing current/former Rangers players playing at Lansdowne Road.

I know its hilarious and all but why bother?

who cares? a few peoples did it with no malice it was just a joke

this thread is rubbish and annoying :mad:

Flynninio
01/11/2004, 12:32 PM
dont remember any booing of the kids as we were busy reminstrating with dudes on the gate by bar under the stand who claimed or buddy ollie byrne gave him orders to keep all city fans out.says city fans continually wreak havoc. :confused: p.s. petal will you please read your private message. ;)

niamh
01/11/2004, 12:40 PM
If they were upset by it yes, but they weren't.
Prob hadn't a clue what was going on.

Ruairi
01/11/2004, 12:44 PM
If they were upset by it yes, but they weren't.
Prob hadn't a clue what was going on.

yeah, that PA system was so loud i could hardly hear myself boo....

patsh
01/11/2004, 12:46 PM
I booed the kids when they ran out in the interval...I was a luagh...people who take/took it serious are sad.So, I'm sad and have way too much time on my hands
While all those cool, fun people who boo children are great craic altogether.
:confused:

Pablo
01/11/2004, 12:48 PM
So, I'm sad and have way too much time on my hands
While all those cool, fun people who boo children are great craic altogether.
:confused:

i'd certainly suggest that you should get a hobby or something if it worries you that much :rolleyes:

patsh
01/11/2004, 12:51 PM
i'd certainly suggest that you should get a hobby or something if it worries you that much :rolleyes:IT doesn't worry me at all, just think that anyone who thinks booing at children is a "laugh" or is "right" has a fairly twisted sense of perspective.

Pablo
01/11/2004, 12:53 PM
IT doesn't worry me at all, just think that anyone who thinks booing at children is a "laugh" or is "right" has a fairly twisted sense of perspective.

if it was done in any sort of bad taste or malice then fair enough but it was just a joke. the bohs type jersys got cheered and if that doesnt prove the light heartedness of the situation nothing does!

niamh
01/11/2004, 12:54 PM
yeah, that PA system was so loud i could hardly hear myself boo....

Is the Shels way of trying to drown out the crowd...their players aren't used to it.
Esp when they score - they have loud music blaring instead of polite applauses from relatives.

Colm
01/11/2004, 1:59 PM
dont remember any booing of the kids as we were busy reminstrating with dudes on the gate by bar under the stand who claimed or buddy ollie byrne gave him orders to keep all city fans out.says city fans continually wreak havoc.

Myself, theCorner and A face got into the bar alright. We knew Ollie Byrne would have his henchmen trying to stop us so we went down 5 minutes before half time and went in the secret door that the lads found last season!

Obviously, I was having my pint and didn't see or hear about the booing but I wouldn't have a problem with it tbh. They may have been only kids but they were representing Shelbourne.

patsh
01/11/2004, 2:03 PM
They may have been only kids but they were representing Shelbourne.A few months ago, there were many threads about the booing of Rangers players at Landsdown. Some of the people who were outraged at this, have defended/dismissed the booing of children at Tolka. A little consistency please?

Colm
01/11/2004, 2:07 PM
A few months ago, there were many threads about the booing of Rangers players at Landsdown. Some of the people who were outraged at this, have defended/dismissed the booing of children at Tolka. A little consistency please?

I don't see the connection there to be honest.
The booing of Rangers players had nothing to do with the Irish team and had no place in Landsdowne, it was also sectarian and venomous.
As I said I didn't witness the booing on Friday but by the sounds of it it was very light hearted and there was no malice intented, they were wearing the jerseys of our biggest rivals so a bit of banter was bound to arise.

Gary
01/11/2004, 2:16 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Which was? I didnt see or hear of any indiscretions by any City fans, or indeed, and over autoratitive crap from Shels fans/stewards.

patsh
01/11/2004, 2:20 PM
I don't see the connection there to be honest.
The booing of Rangers players had nothing to do with the Irish team and had no place in Landsdowne, it was also sectarian and venomous.
As I said I didn't witness the booing on Friday but by the sounds of it it was very light hearted and there was no malice intented, they were wearing the jerseys of our biggest rivals so a bit of banter was bound to arise.The booing of children has nothing to do with Byrne, Nuttsy or the other creeps at $hels.
I'd be the first to have a go any all the negative things about $hels, but I completely fail to see what those children had to do with any of that.
If $hels, or any other, fans had booed children out the Cross, quite a lot of people here would have been up in arms over it.

thecorner
01/11/2004, 2:36 PM
dont remember any booing of the kids as we were busy reminstrating with dudes on the gate by bar under the stand who claimed or buddy ollie byrne gave him orders to keep all city fans out.says city fans continually wreak havoc.

i got in again ;)

ollie is a good buddy of mine ;)

we go back years

jofyisgod
01/11/2004, 5:24 PM
we go back years

Ah, so you wre in the 'Joy too corner? ;) :D

Éanna
01/11/2004, 7:10 PM
The booing of children has nothing to do with Byrne, Nuttsy or the other creeps at $hels.
I'd be the first to have a go any all the negative things about $hels, but I completely fail to see what those children had to do with any of that.
If $hels, or any other, fans had booed children out the Cross, quite a lot of people here would have been up in arms over it.
patsh, a couple of people (myself included) booed when the kids in the shels jerseys got the ball and started chanting "de boez" we were laughing as we did. it was a joke. it wasn't even loud enough for the kids to hear. it was harmless messing

patsh
02/11/2004, 11:58 AM
patsh, a couple of people (myself included) booed when the kids in the shels jerseys got the ball and started chanting "de boez" we were laughing as we did. it was a joke. it wasn't even loud enough for the kids to hear. it was harmless messingOK, last comment on this.
Eanna, at the end of the first half, i walked down the few steps to go over to the toilet. Just as I got to the end of the steps, I heard quite a lot of booing. There were a hell of a lot more than a "couple" of people involved.
Whether it was only having a laugh or not, all that could be heard was a large group of Cork fans booing children. You, in particular, would be the first to condemn this if it happened at the Cross, and rightly so.

Colm
02/11/2004, 12:03 PM
Eanna every so often you go on here and give a rant that city fans behaviour was a disgrace and that they are not true city fans.

I don't have a big problem with booing the kids to be honest but I do agree that some of the more moralistic people (not just Eanna in fairness) would be up in arms over a lot less!!

I think everyone would want to chill out over a lot of things to be honest. Any time a City fan says or does the slightest thing there is always someone who's offended or outraged or incensed or something.
Chillax people!

dahamsta
02/11/2004, 12:17 PM
Any time a City fan says or does the slightest thing there is always someone who's offended or outraged or incensed or something.I'm absolutely disgusted by this remark! There'll be a letter about this in the Times tomorrow!

heh

adam

Colm
02/11/2004, 12:17 PM
I'm absolutely disgusted by this remark! There'll be a letter about this in the Times tomorrow!

heh

adam

:D :eek: :D

Flynninio
02/11/2004, 12:32 PM
city fans are getting terrible name for whinging. for gods sake i have never seen so many complaints over something that was so trivial. the kids probably didnt know what was going on.you would never see complaints like this on any other club site.PLEASE GROW UP.....

the 12 th man
02/11/2004, 12:35 PM
lads,
if you only knew how serious the little guys take their football you would'nt even dream of booing them,i just hope that they did'nt hear it.

slag me off/tell me to get a life if you want but i think that there is nothing remotely funny about it.

Flynninio
02/11/2004, 1:03 PM
12th man you were not even there . seriously it was just lads having a laugh and it couldnt have even lasted long because by time i walked back from been refused entry to bar it had stopped. most people i spoke to said they didnt even hear it so that shows the magnitude of it
we seem to copmplain over every single thing possible - maybe its down to dolans influence with his moaning about refs every wk i dont know.yawn yawn yawn................

Gary
02/11/2004, 1:08 PM
Lads, this thread is just becoming silly.

Some people booed kids, others didnt. Some took issue, others thought it was a laugh, others pay no attention.

Im going to lock this thread after consulting another mod. If anyone has a problem with it, dop me a pm, and I may re-open it.

Fair?