PDA

View Full Version : Rams 0-1 UCD

Comic Book Guy
31/10/2004, 7:20 PM
:mad: Felt they deserved at least a draw out of this, hit the bar twice, keeper made a good stop from Davey Warren in first half, willy Byrne shudda scored from a header and Warren again in injury time dragged his shot wide.
Fair play to U.C.D on getting promoted. It's well deserved.
Ref :mad: gave soft yellows to Ramblers and allowed UCD away with a lot, in the first half there No.2 retaliated to Lougheed and got off scot free, if the ref had the balls to book him then he would have walked late on as he took Tynan out of it. Is it me or do Cork refs screw Ramblers?

Rams-fan
01/11/2004, 12:00 PM
:mad: Felt they deserved at least a draw out of this, hit the bar twice, keeper made a good stop from Davey Warren in first half, willy Byrne shudda scored from a header and Warren again in injury time dragged his shot wide.
Fair play to U.C.D on getting promoted. It's well deserved.
Ref :mad: gave soft yellows to Ramblers and allowed UCD away with a lot, in the first half there No.2 retaliated to Lougheed and got off scot free, if the ref had the balls to book him then he would have walked late on as he took Tynan out of it. Is it me or do Cork refs screw Ramblers?

Totally agree, should of at least got the draw. DH gifted the goal to UCD, again high ball judgement is poor. UCD were a little on edge and didn't play with the same fluidency as in previous games. They just had the luck on the night. Thought the ref was lenient to a few 2 foot tackles from UCD. But it's what we expect from referees at Rams games. :ball:

liam88
01/11/2004, 1:43 PM
Is it me or do Cork refs screw Ramblers?
Always have done :mad: :(

Schumi
01/11/2004, 5:16 PM
Ref :mad: gave soft yellows to Ramblers and allowed UCD away with a lot
For once. Cobh were lucky not to finish with 8 or 9 players in the first two games.

Rams-fan
02/11/2004, 8:24 AM
For once. Cobh were lucky not to finish with 8 or 9 players in the first two games.

I don't know what game you were watching, But the scuffle on the side of the pitch when the UCD lad retaliated was a straight red, the ref didn't produce a card for the UCD lad because he knew it would have to be red, just as well because the same lad was booked for a cynical foul on tynan in the 76min. The majority of yellows issued to ramblers 3 I think, 2 were for mouthing off, unlike some of the reckless tackles by UCD. Tinted glasses due to your elation of an earlier xmas present. :cool:

Crambler
02/11/2004, 1:33 PM
not going to start on about cork officals /rams games could go on all day.
draw would have been a fair result of game,but i came away with more negitives than positives from team performance.
judas has major problems on the high crosses and was at fault for the goal.unless this side of his game improves its going to cost us alot of goals.
byrne/mulconry are poor and are better suited to m s l football.
lougheed is a fine player but henderson has him playing like a lost greyhound.
we were too defensive for most of game . when jammer and tynan came on we were more positive and should have snatched the draw.
sweeney was excellent in the middle something we have been missing all season.
on the positive side we have the core of a good squad if we can hold on to the players for next season but we need to bring a few more in then we should be on the promotion trail next season.

Comic Book Guy
02/11/2004, 4:48 PM
Agree 'bout sweeney, had a fine game, as for next season we really do need 3/4 players extra to come in if we are to challenge. But if you saw my post about other clubs taking our players you will see where i am coming from.
It's no use in bringing 3/4 players in if we are to lose 3/4. I HAVE NO FAITH IN THE CURRENT BOARD. If it rained soup they would be standing outside with forks. If there is not real change off the field during off season then we are back to square one.