PDA

View Full Version : MSL Rumour Mill Summer 2014

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Chiefscout
09/07/2014, 12:24 AM
Msl League prem..casement of they were in it especially with all their new signingsIntermediate cup..cobh wanderersKeane and beamish cup..passage with their history and floodlights

Chiefscout
09/07/2014, 12:26 AM
Msl League prem..casement if they were in it especially with all their new signingsIntermediate cup..cobh wanderersKeane and beamish cup..passage with their history and floodlights and sky in the club house

El Patron
09/07/2014, 1:33 PM
Midleton is big trouble apparently, struggling to get a senior team together

tricksey
10/07/2014, 2:15 AM
I hear dub and fitzy gone to wanderers ?

El Patron
10/07/2014, 3:02 PM
[QUOTE=tricksey;1765350]I hear dub and fitzy gone to wanderers ?
Doubt that. Things are very quiet with Rockmount, expected more from them, Simon Holland and Hughie Donovan of Ucc are off to Avondale

Ramblers91
10/07/2014, 4:46 PM
I hear dub and fitzy gone to wanderers ?

Not sure about Fitzy but to the best of my knowledge Dub and chubbs are signing.. Wanderers should have a great side next season.. ucc won't be the same team they were last two years, loads of big players gone

upfront
10/07/2014, 5:07 PM
Minty Murray gone to Everton done deal

Goggs
10/07/2014, 5:12 PM
Midleton is big trouble apparently, struggling to get a senior team together

The future looks very good in Midleton with all the young talent Wolfe and Deasy brought through last year plus Kevin Murray is after signing.

Chiefscout
10/07/2014, 5:20 PM
The future looks very good in Midleton with all the young talent Wolfe and Deasy brought through last year plus Kevin Murray is after signing.
Is Murray the new manager?

The_Postman
10/07/2014, 9:28 PM
Chubbs and Jason Greene of avondale, Dave stack of midleton, davin o neill and Conor Meade along with Adam Thompson young right back from ramblers last year and ramblers legend John Meade all 100% confirmed signed for wanderers. Peter Nolan, pierce donnachie from midleton expected in the next few days. Eddie Nolan and Kyle downing of midleton have other offers in the prem I've heard so yet to be seen if they'll sign. Along with the better players that had to settle for junior ball last year and a few from Springfield I expect wanderers to mount a serious challenge for promotion to the 1st div and with the likes of chubbs do well in the cups. Dave curran and Shane geasely of Middleton have trained with rams recently so hopefully we might get a few more locals to add to our squad. Hope all the positive signs remain for cobh after silly season.

cobhlad
10/07/2014, 10:06 PM
That is just excellent if it is true. Wanderers are going to have some team next season. Also hearing Gary Collins linked back at Ramblers

Goggs
11/07/2014, 6:21 AM
Is Murray the new manager?
No Steve Mull is.

Goggs
11/07/2014, 6:25 AM
Chubbs and Jason Greene of avondale, Dave stack of midleton, davin o neill and Conor Meade along with Adam Thompson young right back from ramblers last year and ramblers legend John Meade all 100% confirmed signed for wanderers. Peter Nolan, pierce donnachie from midleton expected in the next few days. Eddie Nolan and Kyle downing of midleton have other offers in the prem I've heard so yet to be seen if they'll sign. Along with the better players that had to settle for junior ball last year and a few from Springfield I expect wanderers to mount a serious challenge for promotion to the 1st div and with the likes of chubbs do well in the cups. Dave curran and Shane geasely of Middleton have trained with rams recently so hopefully we might get a few more locals to add to our squad. Hope all the positive signs remain for cobh after silly season.

With that team they will p**s the 2nd Division.

tweety
11/07/2014, 9:05 AM
With that team they will p**s the 2nd Division.
Wow,I wonder how many of them will be happy being a sub in the second division,shocking standard,hard to go from playing regularly in prem to not in the second,I think any good offers from prem will put a stumbling block in there way.

El Patron
11/07/2014, 11:49 AM
Wow,I wonder how many of them will be happy being a sub in the second division,shocking standard,hard to go from playing regularly in prem to not in the second,I think any good offers from prem will put a stumbling block in there way.
Passage and Crosshaven will be strong next season so there's no doubt there will be a few decent teams in that division. The 1st Div is clearly a step up as is the premier but remember only one team can only win the league so alot of teams season hinges on cup runs. So ask yourself if Avondale win the premier like they have done last 3 seasons would you rather win a league with your local club at a lower level and move forward and go on a run in a few cup competitions or play for an average premier team ( and there are plenty except for mount, dale, Ucc) and be in a relegation scrap?

el nino coro
11/07/2014, 12:15 PM
Passage and Crosshaven will be strong next season so there's no doubt there will be a few decent teams in that division. The 1st Div is clearly a step up as is the premier but remember only one team can only win the league so alot of teams season hinges on cup runs. So ask yourself if Avondale win the premier like they have done last 3 seasons would you rather win a league with your local club at a lower level and move forward and go on a run in a few cup competitions or play for an average premier team ( and there are plenty except for mount, dale, Ucc) and be in a relegation scrap?

How on earth are Rockmount an exception to being average? Why do they still get credit for being a good team when they're useless? Open your eyes man

Goggs
11/07/2014, 1:15 PM
How on earth are Rockmount an exception to being average? Why do they still get credit for being a good team when they're useless? Open your eyes man
Being harsh there nino. Theres a difference in not liking a style of play, but Rockmount are very affective in what they do. They rose from the ashes last season when Alan Martin left and everyone wrote them off, they still finished 3rd which shows they have fierce resolve and drive.

El Patron
11/07/2014, 2:04 PM
Rockmount still finished 3rd and are a decent team, better than everyone last season except Dale and Ucc. They're style of play isn't appealing but effective. Irrespective of how good or bad people say Rockmount are they are always competitive and finish up near the top of the premier. With a few good additions they could challenge.

R75215
11/07/2014, 6:57 PM

How will they be fixed next season do ya think? Has rockmount lost it's appeal to the best of the north side?

I hope he's not resorting to coachford for players too much again, although I do hear Chris Akhigbe may be on his way there.

el nino coro
11/07/2014, 10:11 PM
How will they be fixed next season do ya think? Has rockmount lost it's appeal to the best of the north side?

I hope he's not resorting to coachford for players too much again, although I do hear Chris Akhigbe may be on his way there.

They need to sign quality and a lot of it and also try to keep Alan O Connor and Ken Howey other than that they are short in a lot of places,maybe billy has something up his sleeve but as of now they are going nowhere fast!

El Patron
11/07/2014, 10:14 PM
Alan O'Connor, Ken Hoey, Brendan O'Connell, Chris Byrne and Jason Higgins are they're best players. Outside of them the rest are very very average

el nino coro
11/07/2014, 10:59 PM
Alan O'Connor, Ken Hoey, Brendan O'Connell, Chris Byrne and Jason Higgins are they're best players. Outside of them the rest are very very average

Ya the wingback as well Gazza is also decent,so taking that into account they probably need about 5 in altogether!

Goggs
12/07/2014, 6:44 AM
Ya the wingback as well Gazza is also decent,so taking that into account they probably need about 5 in altogether!
Yea I'd agree but so does every other team, apart from Dale and Ucc last season if you go through every team in the premier you would struggle to find 3 top quaility players in every side.

Goggs
12/07/2014, 7:09 AM
If wanderers sign these quality players that are rumoured to have signed they could be a real force but it's going to take time and patience and if they keep it local and put a good structure in place ie good management team and a committee who is football driven they will have the backing off the town, it's one of the few places in Ireland where soccer is more popular than gaa, when you think of all the players from Cobh playing with other clubs it's crazy.

Chiefscout
12/07/2014, 10:06 AM
Ye are having a laugh with that Higgins fella right?..an average liability of a player.monty mark 2

zico365
12/07/2014, 11:52 AM
Yea I'd agree but so does every other team, apart from Dale and Ucc last season if you go through every team in the premier you would struggle to find 3 top quaility players in every side.

Rockmount always near the top , style of play is not great but it gets them the results and thats all that matters.
they defo are short at least 3 or 4 to challenge . Need a decent midfielder and billy is close on the signing of chris fox who in my opinion would be a great addition!!

Chiefscout
12/07/2014, 1:28 PM
Rockmount always near the top , style of play is not great but it gets them the results and thats all that matters.
they defo are short at least 3 or 4 to challenge . Need a decent midfielder and billy is close on the signing of chris fox who in my opinion would be a great addition!!
Fox will only play for the hall or ringmahon

tweety
12/07/2014, 2:07 PM
If wanderers sign these quality players that are rumoured to have signed they could be a real force but it's going to take time and patience and if they keep it local and put a good structure in place ie good management team and a committee who is football driven they will have the backing off the town, it's one of the few places in Ireland where soccer is more popular than gaa, when you think of all the players from Cobh playing with other clubs it's crazy.
When people say quality think they are good 2nd div quality a lot of these are coming back from Midleton by sounds of it,but Midleton have struggled every year with all these players,think chubbs will be a huge player alright,and totally agree they have a better chance than anyone with soccer being huge in the town,but one team can't solve all the problems in the club.

el nino coro
16/07/2014, 7:34 PM
Declan Connell I'm told nearly has the board on side out in Castletreasure and will soon squeeze David Moore out the door for the managerial position,a lot of work has been put in to make the two work together but to no avail it seems,Brian Wilkinson to retire and work as O Connell's assistant if he gets his way,in other news Bandon AFC senior team go back training 22nd July at 6.30 sharp,New players welcome!

corkey121
17/07/2014, 7:37 AM
Where do you get your bull**** from....this is complete nonsince .worry about your own trouble this year ahead of ye ..

Blackandwhite
18/07/2014, 4:52 PM
Declan Connell I'm told nearly has the board on side out in Castletreasure and will soon squeeze David Moore out the door for the managerial position,a lot of work has been put in to make the two work together but to no avail it seems,Brian Wilkinson to retire and work as O Connell's assistant if he gets his way,in other news Bandon AFC senior team go back training 22nd July at 6.30 sharp,New players welcome!

What a clown you are

Glenbuck
18/07/2014, 8:15 PM
Declan Connell I'm told nearly has the board on side out in Castletreasure and will soon squeeze David Moore out the door for the managerial position,a lot of work has been put in to make the two work together but to no avail it seems,Brian Wilkinson to retire and work as O Connell's assistant if he gets his way,in other news Bandon AFC senior team go back training 22nd July at 6.30 sharp,New players welcome! Castletreasure ?

el nino coro
18/07/2014, 9:31 PM
Munster Senior League to confirm that only Adidas Brazuca footballs maybe used in all league games in 2014/15,all clubs must have 3 each before the first games of the season,these footballs are 80e each but three will be available to each club for a cut price 200e

Blackandwhite
18/07/2014, 9:40 PM
Castletreasure ?
Ya that's how much of a clown he is. Trying to stir crap. That's all it is. CRAP

Chiefscout
19/07/2014, 10:14 AM
Munster Senior League to confirm that only Adidas Brazuca footballs maybe used in all league games in 2014/15,all clubs must have 3 each before the first games of the season,these footballs are 80e each but three will be available to each club for a cut price 200e
Any news on the vanishing spray for the refs?

el nino coro
19/07/2014, 3:19 PM
Any news on the vanishing spray for the refs?

Enquired about it this afternoon,it must be Gillette shaving foam,any ref caught using other brands will be overlooked for games the following week

cobhlad
20/07/2014, 9:30 AM
Cobh Wanderers manager Eric McCarthy confirms first signings.

We have attracted numerous local players and a number of players have already signed for the club including Ian Stapleton, Conor Meade, Davin O'Neill, John Meade, Mikey O'Shea, Jason Greene, David Stack, Ian Stack, Kyle Downing, Eddie Nolan, Peter Nolan

More info here http://cobhsport.yolasite.com/news.php

Sparks
20/07/2014, 9:41 AM
Cobh Wanderers manager Eric McCarthy confirms first signings.

We have attracted numerous local players and a number of players have already signed for the club including Ian Stapleton, Conor Meade, Davin O'Neill, John Meade, Mikey O'Shea, Jason Greene, David Stack, Ian Stack, Kyle Downing, Eddie Nolan, Peter Nolan

More info here http://cobhsport.yolasite.com/news.php

Should be very strong in division 2 so now.

peterpan
20/07/2014, 11:08 AM
That is some squad Eric is putting together in cobh, they will take some stopping in all competitions next season. Chubs and dub will be unreal upfront and davin in the mix aswell they will run riot.

El Patron
20/07/2014, 3:09 PM
Looks like Rockmount will be back big time next season. Avondale getting a few in and big things happening at Blarney & Carrigaline.

Sparks
20/07/2014, 3:45 PM
Looks like Rockmount will be back big time next season. Avondale getting a few in and big things happening at Blarney & Carrigaline.

Heard Chris and Cian from Coachford and Blarney Street gone up too Rockmount

injurytime
24/07/2014, 12:30 PM
Cian couldn't get his game with blarney st and that lad Chris is injured 70% of season....

moonman
25/07/2014, 2:05 PM
Heard Chris and Cian from Coachford and Blarney Street gone up too Rockmount

Doubt billy will buy him boots and collect him at his front door like Micky Walsh was doing , the kids a bluffer trained with blarney st and Kilreen the week of the AOH cup final while still a coachford player !!

1fortheTeam
27/07/2014, 12:29 PM
Doubt billy will buy him boots and collect him at his front door like Micky Walsh was doing , the kids a bluffer trained with blarney st and Kilreen the week of the AOH cup final while still a coachford player !!
chris is a top lad all he wants to do is train and play thats his big quality. hes enthusiasm for the game is top and cain was getting his game but was cup tied another fab lad i wish both the best for the season.

injurytime
05/08/2014, 6:00 PM
Rumours mickey walsh once supplied his mother with all Her kitchen appliances

Paul mc
05/08/2014, 7:57 PM
Rumours mickey walsh once supplied his mother with all Her kitchen
appliances

Haha! Very good!

cobhlad
08/08/2014, 8:32 AM
Andrew Neville of UCC signed for Cobh Ramblers. Decent signing

Quickfeet
08/08/2014, 9:45 AM
I thought league of Ireland couldn't sign players after 31st of July

razor
08/08/2014, 9:59 AM
I thought league of Ireland couldn't sign players after 31st of July
they can sign if a player is unattached.

Paul mc
08/08/2014, 11:04 AM
Andrew Neville of UCC signed for Cobh Ramblers. Decent signing

He's a fine player. Thought he and another few from UCC had signed for 'Dale, no? Nice lad, hope he does well either way.