PDA

View Full Version : MSL Rumour Mill Summer 2014

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

The_Postman
30/05/2014, 9:24 AM
I have spoken to an old foe from Cobh,and there is no player expressed to coming back to Cobh he said.will they even have a junior team next year is being spoken about.all false rumours here again.

Players have definitely expressed interest in going to wanderers. Dont know Eric McCarthy, but ramblers legend Davin O'Neill is definitely involved in some capacity along with another former ram and wanderers stallworth Darragh Burke. Two of our lads from last year Hallahan (gk) and Thompson (rb) are signing. A few of the midelton lads have also expressed interest. The rumours of Michael O'Shea, Chubbs, the Meades are certainly potent throughout the town but surely Avondale will be too much of an attraction. I hope all these players see the light or Martin Camebridge pesters them to come play for us but definitely exciting time to be a wanderers head. Juniors manager confirmed at AGM so there will definitley also be a Cobh Wanderers junior team.

cobhlad
02/06/2014, 9:54 PM
Would be great to have Wanderers back competing seriously. Plenty of good players from Cobh, deserve a good local club to play for and not have to leave the town. Nothing against Midleton etc but surely playing for your successful hometown club would be better

tweety
03/06/2014, 3:49 PM
I think the problem cobhlad is it's not taken seriously enough,heard its shambles at the moment,and you said playing for your successful town club,ye haven't got that either,think who ever takes over is going to have to get a half decent senior side together before yer better players start coming back,didn't they leave after all to play at the highest level they can,can't see them returning to play 2nd div.look at were they are all playing,in the premier div,with very good set ups at Douglas,Midleton and Avondale,very organised with great facilities.and are one or two in carrigtwohill playing junior,that's not a good sign either.i think there could be a very long summer for Cobh again this year.

tricksey
03/06/2014, 9:23 PM
Alan o Sullivan Everton seniors to Cobh wanderer s I here

finsher
03/06/2014, 10:00 PM
Darran heinz of casement on move again any truth.

tricksey
03/06/2014, 10:12 PM
Darran heinz of casement on move again any truth.
None casement player next season read above finisher

El Patron
03/06/2014, 10:23 PM
Edwin Buckley heading to Blarney, Stephen Mulcahy & Micky Deasy new management team at Midleton, Alan O'Connor to Avondale, Shane Geasley to Cobh and Moorsey on his way out of hall

upfront
03/06/2014, 11:56 PM
Any truth in tricksey going back playing loi with cobh great buddys with Martin Camebridge im told

borntoscore
04/06/2014, 7:07 AM
None casement player next season read above finisher theres talks he flogging his CV to many clubs but no takers

Hot Chilli
04/06/2014, 9:12 AM
Alan o Sullivan Everton seniors to Cobh wanderer s I here
Hardly true tricksey is it? Good player.

tricksey
04/06/2014, 10:05 AM
Hardly true tricksey is it? Good player.
Very good player the feelers have been put out for him to go down.

Ramblers91
04/06/2014, 10:40 AM
I think the problem cobhlad is it's not taken seriously enough,heard its shambles at the moment,and you said playing for your successful town club,ye haven't got that either,think who ever takes over is going to have to get a half decent senior side together before yer better players start coming back,didn't they leave after all to play at the highest level they can,can't see them returning to play 2nd div.look at were they are all playing,in the premier div,with very good set ups at Douglas,Midleton and Avondale,very organised with great facilities.and are one or two in carrigtwohill playing junior,that's not a good sign either.i think there could be a very long summer for Cobh again this year.

there is definite interest from many players to play with Wanderers this season, same rumour pops up every year but for certain reasons (management, playing at a higher level) has stopped it happening but if it's ever going to happen it'll be this year

El Patron
04/06/2014, 12:16 PM
there is definite interest from many players to play with Wanderers this season, same rumour pops up every year but for certain reasons (management, playing at a higher level) has stopped it happening but if it's ever going to happen it'll be this year
Soccer in Cobh is on its knees and I don't c that changing anytime soon. Ramblers bottom of Loi 1st Div, Wanderers no senior team and Springfield relegated from Aul Premier.
All this talk of player coming from here and there is ridiculous, hear the same every year at various clubs. 2nd Div won't attract many players trust me, 1st Div maybe

rushy12
04/06/2014, 6:01 PM
Alright folks bit early for this as dust has just settled on an average season where yet again clubs using illegal players has risen its dirty head, hall thrown out of a cup, every year now, Corinthians in the league. Is it getting worse?
Anyway news that is breaking is there will be a big shake up in hall this summer after their disastrous season, losing players to their lower team and winning nothing. the word is players want tommy gone, but if he stays there will be another exodus. interesting to see what the club does.
Mayfield will also be interesting next year..world cup will take our minds off it for now. Enjoy the summer littleman :-)

cobhlad
04/06/2014, 6:09 PM
Cobh football obviously needs a change but it definetly is starting. Ramblers have serious potential in 2 or 3 years if they keep the players they have. Wanderers are almost certainly having a senior side with plenty of Cobh players returning. Going to be a big season for the town and people should be optimistic

go for gold
04/06/2014, 10:05 PM
heard if Dave ahern leaves cors buckley and Gaffney will head back to mount .deccie cahill also on billys radar.

el nino coro
05/06/2014, 1:35 PM
Billy would want his radar out alright with Alan O Connor and Gary "Gazza" Higgins going to Avondale! Ken Hoey also looking for a new challenge as he needs motivation after being made new Irish Amateur captain!

El Patron
05/06/2014, 2:02 PM
Billy would want his radar out alright with Alan O Connor and Gary "Gazza" Higgins going to Avondale! Ken Hoey also looking for a new challenge as he needs motivation after being made new Irish Amateur captain!
Ya and Avondale haven't even a manager so their definitely after these guys. Cobh Wanderers won't be in the msl either, application refused apparently, Danny Murphy gathering a serious squad together out in Blarney

El Patron
05/06/2014, 2:03 PM
heard if Dave ahern leaves cors buckley and Gaffney will head back to mount .deccie cahill also on billys radar.
Dave Ahern won't be leaving Cors he'll be told politely to leave, big changes needed up there

tweety
05/06/2014, 7:06 PM
Ya and Avondale haven't even a manager so their definitely after these guys. Cobh Wanderers won't be in the msl either, application refused apparently, Danny Murphy gathering a serious squad together out in Blarney

Wat do mean about Avondale have not even a manager?I heard a conversation at the cup final other night,to be brutally honest I only got half of conversation,but wat I did get was that either John Ryan is walking away from Avondale,or else they are parting ways.dont take it as gospil,but Msl representatives having the chat!find it hard to believe myself,suppose all the rumours do start now.

El Patron
05/06/2014, 8:24 PM
Wat do mean about Avondale have not even a manager?I heard a conversation at the cup final other night,to be brutally honest I only got half of conversation,but wat I did get was that either John Ryan is walking away from Avondale,or else they are parting ways.dont take it as gospil,but Msl representatives having the chat!find it hard to believe myself,suppose all the rumours do start now.
John Ryan is gone

tweety
05/06/2014, 9:22 PM
John Ryan is gone
Is this official,and if so why is this after happening?

Superkeeper
05/06/2014, 9:45 PM
John Ryan has left his position as Avondale manager, fair play up him for a fantastic season, from what I hear the work load was like a full time job

el nino coro
05/06/2014, 10:01 PM
John Ryan has left his position as Avondale manager, fair play up him for a fantastic season, from what I hear the work load was like a full time job

Could this be the end of the Dale a lot of players reported to be going back to their roots?

Superkeeper
05/06/2014, 10:08 PM
How many times have we heard that!

El Patron
05/06/2014, 10:25 PM
Could this be the end of the Dale a lot of players reported to be going back to their roots?
It could be the start if they get the right man in

tweety
06/06/2014, 10:25 AM

It could be the start if they get the right man in

A bit of a trend beginning here since caulfield finished,Avondale have gone through a good few managers in last few years,m.walsh,j o rourke,j.cotter,now j.Ryan aswell,have any of them done more than 2 yrs.seems strange they don't stay around?

El Patron
06/06/2014, 10:40 AM
A bit of a trend beginning here since caulfield finished,Avondale have gone through a good few managers in last few years,m.walsh,j o rourke,j.cotter,now j.Ryan aswell,have any of them done more than 2 yrs.seems strange they don't stay around?
Think of all those trips to Dublin this season for Dale. That must take its toll, they were like a Loi team on the road every week, then playing 3 games a week. They also played Waterford in the EA Sports Cup. Look at the Leeds game, squad is depleted now after a long season.
I can see them going big or getting the job in house. John Ryan for me was a strange appointment but you have to admit he done a good job.
If your involved in all those competitions it's very much like a full time job I would imagine.

el nino coro
06/06/2014, 11:14 AM
Stephen Napier named new Avondale boss,jeez they didn't wait around long did they?

chilloutref
06/06/2014, 12:05 PM
Heard pat mull is taking over casement seniors with minty fitz as assistant

Hot Chilli
06/06/2014, 12:16 PM
Heard pat mull is taking over casement seniors with minty fitz as assistant

You are a wind up merchant buddy. You are making up stories. Casement just won the league. Why would they replace their management. They've done a top job

chilloutref
06/06/2014, 1:12 PM
You are a wind up merchant buddy. You are making up stories. Casement just won the league. Why would they replace their management. They've done a top job
I'm just saying I heard don't no if there is any truth in it but it's something pat mull would do since the club are back in the top flight he'll defo try get involved anyways I reckon

el nino coro
06/06/2014, 1:28 PM
I'm just saying I heard don't no if there is any truth in it but it's something pat mull would do since the club are back in the top flight he'll defo try get involved anyways I reckon

Top flight?

Chiefscout
06/06/2014, 2:00 PM
Top flight?
For them its top flight coz they won't get any higher....hearing the annual rumour of buttsy back to rockmount.what you think coro?

el nino coro
06/06/2014, 2:22 PM
For them its top flight coz they won't get any higher....hearing the annual rumour of buttsy back to rockmount.what you think coro?

Rockmount won't be gaining any decent players,they will have their work cut out holding onto players,they have about three players who would get anywhere near the Rockmount sides of the past and that's being kind!

Thebeanosarebac
08/06/2014, 7:25 PM
Don't worry we'll be top flight before ye know it!

Chiefscout
08/06/2014, 9:03 PM
Don't worry we'll be top flight before ye know it!
Ha ha

Just my opinion
08/06/2014, 10:17 PM
Casement re built from scratch. We'll be back in the big time(Prem ) within 2 seasons, hopefully less! Savage potential there!

moonman
09/06/2014, 11:21 AM
Casement re built from scratch. We'll be back in the big time(Prem ) within 2 seasons, hopefully less! Savage potential there!
Not with that team that won the second division , come out of the fog here massive difference between 1st and premier !! how many teams have gone up premier in the last 3 seasons for example and survived, UCC & Corinthians to the best of my knowledge , Leeds have won the 1st division twice in 3 seasons and came back down straight away along with Bandon and fermoy who also went up in those seasons !! No doubt if casement got a few in they could get promoted but not with the current squad they have !!

1fortheTeam
09/06/2014, 11:37 AM
Not with that team that won the second division , come out of the fog here massive difference between 1st and premier !! how many teams have gone up premier in the last 3 seasons for example and survived, UCC & Corinthians to the best of my knowledge , Leeds have won the 1st division twice in 3 seasons and came back down straight away along with Bandon and fermoy who also went up in those seasons !! No doubt if casement got a few in they could get promoted but not with the current squad they have !!in all fairness they won the div and credit due to them you cant put them down and not even a game played.there a good side i hope they do well to be honest.

moonman
09/06/2014, 11:46 AM
in all fairness they won the div and credit due to them you cant put them down and not even a game played.there a good side i hope they do well to be honest.
They lost 5 games in the 2nd division , do that in the 1st any they haven't a chance !! If they get a few in they,ll put it up to Leeds & mayfield who in my view are favourites to go up !! But need more quality in there current squad to mount a challenge in my view !! Fair play to them for winning the 2nd !!

tricksey
09/06/2014, 10:13 PM
They lost 5 games in the 2nd division , do that in the 1st any they haven't a chance !! If they get a few in they,ll put it up to Leeds & mayfield who in my view are favourites to go up !! But need more quality in there current squad to mount a challenge in my view !! Fair play to them for winning the 2nd !!
1 step at a time for us ... You need new competition every season just look at the dale.

el nino coro
10/06/2014, 1:40 PM
Deccy O Connell going to walk from hall if he doesn't get the player manager job,he doesn't see eye to eye with moorsey!

Blackandwhite
10/06/2014, 2:21 PM
Deccy O Connell going to walk from hall if he doesn't get the player manager job,he doesn't see eye to eye with moorsey!

That's the best one yet. How is he going to manage that when he works up the country during the week. Some people put up some crap

robot
11/06/2014, 8:15 AM
Soccer in Cobh is on its knees and I don't c that changing anytime soon. Ramblers bottom of Loi 1st Div, Wanderers no senior team and Springfield relegated from Aul Premier.
All this talk of player coming from here and there is ridiculous, hear the same every year at various clubs. 2nd Div won't attract many players trust me, 1st Div maybewouldnt say on its knees the 19s won national league cup this year.under age teams won national cup this and in last few seasons which should benefit senior teams in cobh.probably too many clubs in cobh also though

El Patron
11/06/2014, 12:15 PM
wouldnt say on its knees the 19s won national league cup this year.under age teams won national cup this and in last few seasons which should benefit senior teams in cobh.probably too many clubs in cobh also though
Martin Cambridge brought virtually that entire team down from the Northside. Most players played with mayfield, castleview, Leeds, Rockmount etc. 2 players from Cobh in a squad of 20.

cobhlad
11/06/2014, 7:46 PM
Martin Cambridge brought virtually that entire team down from the Northside. Most players played with mayfield, castleview, Leeds, Rockmount etc. 2 players from Cobh in a squad of 20.
*3 from Cobh

El Patron
11/06/2014, 10:44 PM
*3 from Cobh
Sure we'll say 4. Bottom line that's no Cobh team team. All from the Northside of the city

Hot Chilli
12/06/2014, 12:19 PM

Graham Cummins to Blarney. Any body have that?

moonman
12/06/2014, 2:35 PM
Kevin mul back to dales