PDA

View Full Version : Shels Programme

Gary
31/10/2004, 6:44 PM
Did anyone else get a free program going in?

Either I did, or I just took one and kept walking presuming it was free (though on reading it, Shels should be ashamed. Ive seen more intelligent writing in the Beano).

joe
31/10/2004, 6:49 PM
Did anyone else get a free program going in?

apparently they're free alright, or at least the first one is. but it seems they only give them to certain fans :mad:

not much reading in it, especially considering it was a double issue

patsh
31/10/2004, 6:52 PM
Did anyone else get a free program going in?I got a free one, ;) .
I went to buy one, was asked had I payed €15 in, which I had, and was given it for free.
Still using the student card, Joe?......:D

joe
31/10/2004, 6:57 PM
Still using the student card, Joe?......:D

No, but obviously Shels don't exactly have a defined programme issuing policy. Neither I, nor the people I entered the ground with, got a programme. Others did and when one of them looked for a second one he had to pay the €2.50 cover price.

Longfordian
31/10/2004, 7:08 PM
Their official policy is that €15 admission includes a free programme..programme sellers probably pocketing any extra ;)

Fair_play_boy
31/10/2004, 7:29 PM
I took one and the seller said what I thought sounded like "That's Three". So I pulled out a fiver and held it up for her to take. To be fair she smiled and said, "No, that's Free". Mind you, having read it (which took nearly 2 minutes) I realised that it was worth the price. :p

colblimp
31/10/2004, 7:53 PM
I have a rather large programme collection and, in my humble opinion, Fridays programme is one of the worst 'efforts' I have ever seen in my life. It took me less than two minutes to read, there is no section on City or Longford and as for 'Petes poems'....well! I have never seen such drivel in my life. Twenty four pages in what is supposed to be a double issue is an insult. I think it was expensive and I got mine for nothing. Surely they should have paid us for taking the damn thing off their hands.

$hel$ should be ashamed of themselves. :confused:

thecorner
31/10/2004, 10:17 PM
got my free programme... what a disgrace...1 programme covers 2 games :eek:

Éanna
31/10/2004, 10:54 PM
didn't get one on friday cos i was late, if anyone wants to get rid of theirs i'll gladly take it, cos i collect them. I've seen shels give free programmes out before, its hardly worth paying for unless you DO collect them because its usually crap

The Sheliban
01/11/2004, 6:09 AM
To defend the programme.
Number one, its free. Other clubs charge the same admission price as Shels and tyhen charge for the programme on top of that. Gift horses etc.
As to the content, whereas it mightn't be up to the standard you've come to expect down in Cork - congratulations btw - I reckon its nowhere near the worst and you're being a bit harsh.
There were three good feature articles in it, particularly the one about Alex Hair. As for my poems, they're a matter of taste, but I take a lot of time over them. I'd love some more constructive criticism than 'drivel', then maybe I could see where I'm going wrong.
As to the 'big' references, whereas I don't condone making personal remarks, its not the worst thing in the world. But some people will just try to see the worst in everything.

niamh
01/11/2004, 12:43 PM
I reckon its nowhere near the worst

That I would agree with. There are far worse ones around but ye are also defending champions so I'd expect better.

thecorner
01/11/2004, 2:28 PM
That I would agree with. There are far worse ones around but ye are also defending champions so I'd expect better.

agree with niamh... it should be better

as for the worse...waterfords is pathetic

ccfcgirl
01/11/2004, 3:52 PM
i got a free programme but its only given out if you pay 15 euros .a young fella next to me didnt pay 15 euro and he was refused

NY Hoop
01/11/2004, 5:00 PM
as for the worse...waterfords is pathetic[/QUOTE]

You're not wrong there. Worst effort for a programme for yesterdays game in a long time. Basically all ads. But got it for free off the cute schoolgirl seller so...... :D

KOH

Schumi
01/11/2004, 6:12 PM
But got it for free off the cute schoolgirl seller so...... :D

Did you pay for the programme though? ;)