PDA

View Full Version : player of the season

max power
31/10/2004, 4:18 PM
well in my view there are only 2 names worht a mention

Sean Dillon

Sean Prunty

i'm going with prunty cause at the start of the season he was the only one playing well all way through.

but dillo has really grown up and his performances have been outstanding with all important goals....he also wore the captains armband against cork which shows his importance within the squad.

also due a mention is deano, 60 odd games with no break and look at the level of play....can't wait to see the man next year.

Longfordian
31/10/2004, 4:21 PM
Brian Byrne.. :p

Dillo will win it but Prunty deserves it too..

Maz
31/10/2004, 4:23 PM
I'd go with Dillo for the simple reason he has had an outstanding season and has scored some crucial quality goals!
Agree with Sean Prunty also though, another fantastic season for him

max power
31/10/2004, 4:29 PM
ah i can't pass teh ballinalee connection, but dillo has been amazing, longfordian how bout brian mcgovern :D

lolly
31/10/2004, 4:30 PM
well my player of the season is dessie baker, ah no without doubt dillo! he always plays his best and never lets the side down. Consistent at the back and scored the best goals in vital places, there's no one as good. seanie is great too but im afraid i'm going with dillo all the way....

max power
31/10/2004, 4:30 PM
well my player of the season is dessie baker, ah no without doubt dillo! he always plays his best and never lets the side down. Consistent at the back and scored the best goals in vital places, there's no one as good. seanie is great too but im afraid i'm going with dillo all the way....

ok its not a beauty contest and if it was dean would win anyway :cool:

Longfordian
31/10/2004, 4:37 PM
ah i can't pass teh ballinalee connection, but dillo has been amazing, longfordian how bout brian mcgovern :D

At least we got one good season out of McGovern..as for Brian Byrne..love to know how many games he's actually started for us in the last two years..

max power
31/10/2004, 4:38 PM
que marty or tony :D

De Town
31/10/2004, 4:52 PM
Seán Dillon for me.

Martinho II
31/10/2004, 6:06 PM
dillo by a long shot for me! he has added goals to his repetoire and a few of his goals has decided key games! also a contender is garto but he has missed huge chunks of the season!

the 12 th man
01/11/2004, 7:02 AM
very hard to split prunty and dillon.
dillons vital goals will probably give him the edge with most people, but i'd be leaning towards prunty because of his versatility and all round game.

honourable mentions for barry ferguson and garto

Dillo
01/11/2004, 8:36 AM
I believe I deserve player of the year! :p

Ah no, all joking aside, Dillo has been without a shadow of a doubt Longford's most consistent performer all season. He always gives a 110% and has scored a few vital and quality goals this season. Take for example those two peaches against Bohs in the League Cup Final and away to Drogs in the Cup semi- the latter is definately contender for goal of the season. Dillo has played a key role in Town's cup revolution.

observer
01/11/2004, 9:10 AM
Sean Dillon is the man. I agree with the consistancy of Sean Prunty's performances and he is definitely no 2. Dillo's cup final performance gets him the no 1 spot. :)

elwood
01/11/2004, 9:27 AM
can we put a bet pn dean getting it next year when he has a full season under his belt ?

prunty for me, also got an important goal in the league cup final.

Wiseguy
01/11/2004, 11:11 AM
Sean Prunty has been outstanding this season but imo he should have got it last year.Digger has been excellent aswell but Sean Dillon has just been incredible and deserves recognition for that but to be honest since August lots of players have shone after such a miserable summer.

Dillo
01/11/2004, 1:23 PM
and it will be Dillo! :cool:

Laker
01/11/2004, 1:46 PM
dillo without a shadow of a doubt......
I hope we're making steps to make sure he stays a town player...
Does anybody know anything about his contract??

max power
01/11/2004, 1:49 PM
dillo without a shadow of a doubt......
I hope we're making steps to make sure he stays a town player...
Does anybody know anything about his contract??

well he is in college full time (1st yr ) so part time suits him for the next few years, therefore we are his best option and we offer european footie as well.

Dillo
01/11/2004, 2:31 PM
What's he studying and where, just out of curiosty? He's a bit old to be a fresher!

Maz
01/11/2004, 2:32 PM
hes doing some sort of design course one of my mates is in the same course!

TheJamaicanP.M.
01/11/2004, 7:31 PM
Yeah, Dillo for player of the season without a shadow of a doubt. He also has the best haircut in the league!

Longfordian
02/11/2004, 12:22 PM
He's in second year I think, architecture or something related in Colaiste Ide in Finglas. He has another year left on his contract and he definitely is one that the stops will be pulled out to keep.

max power
02/11/2004, 12:26 PM
He's in second year I think, architecture or something related in Colaiste Ide in Finglas. He has another year left on his contract and he definitely is one that the stops will be pulled out to keep.

thats good to hear. rumours of a certain left back off to see a certain ex manager, hear anything on that ???

Longfordian
02/11/2004, 12:34 PM
Same story. Another year on his contract. He won't be going anywhere though it wouldn't surprise me to hear Kenny had been tapping him..again..

max power
02/11/2004, 12:42 PM
well he has been "talkin to him" read into that as you wish.

any scouting on the other side of the water

Longfordian
02/11/2004, 12:59 PM
Dunno about scouting as such but both Alan and particularly Aaron have a lot of contacts over there and so will im sure have their ear to the ground..Couldn't see Prunty going to Derry really but he does get on with Kenny..As i said he has another year on his contract so he's going nowhere for now anyway..

Flea
02/11/2004, 2:01 PM
I would give Dillo player of the season but would think that along with Sean Prunty that Dean Fitzgerald would get a mention. Any news of anyone on the way out or the way in? :confused: