PDA

View Full Version : LSC Semi Final Vs Sheriff

sparkey
19/05/2014, 1:38 PM
Does anybody know where this game is being played tomorrow night. I will be in Dublin For work tomorrow and want to stay on to take in the game but as of Saturday night there was still no ground fixed. Surely only one day out there must be a pitch fixed by now.:confused:

Martinho II
19/05/2014, 1:51 PM
still no word. reason that clontarf was ruled out was club objected sayin pitch was too small! keep an eye on town website or twitter!

Bosco
19/05/2014, 4:21 PM
Confirmed for Clontarf at 7.45 tomorrow

Darklordsbane
19/05/2014, 6:36 PM
If it's the same all weather pitch that was there a few years ago, if it hasn't deteriorated it's an excellent pitch but yes a tad small not great for supporters though

outspoken
19/05/2014, 6:55 PM
We don't care were still bringing an away support 😂🙈

Darklordsbane
19/05/2014, 7:56 PM
It's beside Clontarf Dart Station if anyone needs to know

Darklordsbane
20/05/2014, 10:13 PM
Scrappy 2-1 win for De Town lots of fringe players so happy enough. anyone any news on Rhys I saw him being taken away in an ambulance probably just a precaution

outspoken
21/05/2014, 12:02 AM
Just precaution nasty cut. Very enjoyable game actually I think I enjoyed it more than any of our league games so far for some strange reason. Sheriff YC should have hammered us in the second half we were brutal. Only thing more brutal was Sheriff finishing and Peter Hynes performance, this is not another 'abuse Hynsey' post anyone at the game tonight will tell you he looked out of place against a junior side and that is not good, he was puffing for air after 10 minutes and he lost the majority of his headers/battles. He is simply not good enough for LTFC.

Chris Bennion was heroic tonight and I fully expect to see him in nets on Friday for a massive league match.

Also huge credit to the big away traveling present tonight, was slightly disappointed the players didn't acknowledge it more at the end but I guess everyone was spread all over the place so might have been difficult. An enjoyable night overall. Roll on Waterford

Martinho II
21/05/2014, 12:50 AM
also thanks to Chris Deans Sherriff would have being level. he made a spot on sliding tackle which allowed no margin for error. those who played well for us were chris mulhall, dean murphy and craig fitzgerald. also sean russell set pieces were superb and it was his corner that led to our first goal...I heard also that reason why Chris Bennion was dropped was cos he had a row with TC last week!

Darklordsbane
21/05/2014, 3:56 AM
Did any of the 1st team turn up to cheer on thier so called team mates I didn't see any of them, if not it's diabolicle, what a way to instill team spirit, watch them all turn up to play in the final now

wullie
21/05/2014, 6:01 AM
How many names do you go under, on this forum. It's getting more like the Sully and Benno love page

Longfordian
21/05/2014, 7:04 AM
Good win. By all accounts they're a tough side to play against, very physical and lots of experience. Great experience for the young lads in particular.

Acornvilla
21/05/2014, 10:05 AM
As long as Rhys is ok, then this match and the LSC in general has been a massive success for us so far. Lots of people getting extra game time and experience.
Team selection for the final will be interesting.

Mister X
21/05/2014, 2:06 PM
Did any of the 1st team turn up to cheer on thier so called team mates I didn't see any of them, if not it's diabolicle, what a way to instill team spirit, watch them all turn up to play in the final now

they had training on in lexlip! hence the bench being made up of all u19 players!

Darklordsbane
21/05/2014, 5:18 PM
That must be why Cousins was late, hence training must have been over long, way from Leixlip to Fairfiew park, especially for the lads that live in Dublin

outspoken
21/05/2014, 5:44 PM
How many names do you go under, on this forum. It's getting more like the Sully and Benno love page

Sorry for highlighting a stand out goalkeeping performance didn't know that was forbidden on here.

wullie
21/05/2014, 8:25 PM
What is it he was doing so well in your expertise? Was his positioning excellent, was he plucking the ball out of the air on crosses, was he bossing the team? Readers would have a clearer picture in your opinion why he should between the sticks again,

Longfordian
21/05/2014, 8:42 PM
You're not fond of Bennion are you wullie?! Anyone would think it was you or a relative of yours he was keeping out of the team.

wullie
21/05/2014, 9:54 PM
Someone stated that Benno had a excellent game and should be in goal on Friday. Trying to get what that is based on, believe that came from someone who is not knowledgeable and has never played football. That would be no different to any other player that someone said should be in the team without actually giving the reasons and football tactics they had deployed. I think that Benno is a great keeper with lot of experience and happy to see him in goals. What I have issue is supporters with an unhealthy obsession with certain players and not reporting what is really going on as they have rose coloured glasses on.
i do think that the return of salmo into the team has changed the demographics of the team. He is showing his creativity with his passing from the midfield onto the strikers. Let's hoping his fitness level and match fitness gets back to 100% soon.

outspoken
21/05/2014, 10:59 PM
Didn't even bother reading the rest of your last post because as soon as you said I've no knowledge because I've never played at a high level there really isn't any point in continuing this argument. Fans who have been going to games for years obviously haven't a clue and Chris Bennion must be f*cking sh1te after all. Dave Sully is also Sh1te, drop him and play Hynes up front he's been playing at a higher level for longer so must know more about the game than sully. F*cking nonsense

Martinho II
21/05/2014, 11:05 PM
this thread is getting out of hand. I know outspoken over seven years at longford town matches and can vouch for his football expertise. At times on the bus to the game his knowledge surpassed mine! have respect for each opinions please!!

outspoken
21/05/2014, 11:10 PM
this thread is getting out of hand. I know outspoken over seven years at longford town matches and can vouch for his football expertise. At times on the bus to the game his knowledge surpassed mine! have respect for each opinions please!!

Not trying to say I have football expertise or that I'm any sort of expert all I'm saying is this notion that town fans say Chris bennion and Dave sully and other players labeled fans favourites had good games even when they didn't is nonsense. Town fans call it as they see it and it's as simple as that. Think Longfordian might be onto something in his last post there.

Acornvilla
21/05/2014, 11:42 PM
I was a decidedly average goalkeeper in my time, so I know all about how to be a bad one, and a bit about what the good ones should be doing..

Hows Paul been doing in goals this year anyway? I remember when he first started out with us he looked a great prospect, but lost his way a bit for a year or two. Looking a bag of nerves/skittish when the ball was around the goals. Or even occasionally totally lose his bearings, ie. where he is in respect of the goals and the man in possession. I'd say the extra playing time he's been getting thanks to all the cups so far is doing him good. With more game time he'll get more confident and cut out the silly stuff.

You can quantify all I'm saying with the fact that I don't get to see us as often as I'd like, but neither he nor Bennion has really impressed me, but I think Paul is a better shot stopper, it's other areas of his game which lack. Meanwhile Bennion is a bit more solid overall, my one criticism is that he is slow as all hell coming off his line. He's not Alvin Rouse slow, but close enough :D

Overall I do find tales of Bennions exploits a tad exaggerated, but he's not the worst keeper we've had by any stretch either. Hunt has a lot of the attributes needed to be a very good LOI keeper, but he needs to fully concentrate all game and not panic as he does at times. I've not been too worried any match I've seen him in the 1st team this year, he's generally not let much past him.

Martinho II
21/05/2014, 11:50 PM
Hows Paul been doing in goals this year anyway? I remember when he first started out with us he looked a great prospect, but lost his way a bit for a year or two. Looking a bag of nerves/skittish when the ball was around the goals. I'd say the extra playing time he's been getting thanks to all the cups so far is doing him good.

I don't get to see us as often as I'd like, but neither he nor Bennion has really impressed me, but I think Paul is a better shot stopper, it's other areas of his game which lack. Meanwhile Bennion is a bit more solid overall, my one criticism is that he is slow as all hell coming off his line. He's not Alvin Rouse slow, but close enough :D

Overall I do find tales of Bennions exploits a tad exaggerated, but he's not the worst keeper we've had by any stretch either.

I thought hunty did ok.. he was a tad shaky at times goin for crosses...

Mister X
22/05/2014, 12:40 AM
Someone stated that Benno had a excellent game and should be in goal on Friday. Trying to get what that is based on, believe that came from someone who is not knowledgeable and has never played football. That would be no different to any other player that someone said should be in the team without actually giving the reasons and football tactics they had deployed. I think that Benno is a great keeper with lot of experience and happy to see him in goals. What I have issue is supporters with an unhealthy obsession with certain players and not reporting what is really going on as they have rose coloured glasses on.

someone stated our first choice keeper should start in an important league game on friday! WHAT MADNESS!!!!

as for the whole bennion or hunt mini debate imo it has to be bennion > hunt

yes bennion is slow and imo does not command the 18 yard box he is still more solid than hunt, and before ye all start jumping down my neck by command the box i dont mean roaring at the defence i mean he doesnt like to venture away from the 6 yard box as he is very hesitant at coming out!

imo i feel some players dont have the same confidence in hunt that they have in bennion and this could be the reason hunt is not confident or doesnt appear to be while on the ball or commanding the back four, one example of this would be in the cobh game where he was near the edge of the box and went to go down on the ball but pat flynn took the ball away from him instead!

As for the sheriff game bennion pulled off a few good saves and one near the end where he really put his body on the line
also after every game he claps to the fans and even on occasion i have seen him give his gloves away to young fans so he is obviously going to be a fan favourite!

but as i have never played football this post is irrelevant, or do my accolades on fifa count ?

Bosco
22/05/2014, 8:54 AM
Nope....all irrelevant i'm afraid...

Longfordian
22/05/2014, 4:31 PM
Extratime reckon Rhys has a fractured skull. Hope not, that'd be a few months out for him I'd reckon. Unless he gets one of those Cech skullcaps.

outspoken
22/05/2014, 6:45 PM
He's tweeting away happy as Larry anyway but I have heard that rumour a few times alright. Hope it's not true.

Darklordsbane
22/05/2014, 10:52 PM
Heard the same myself hope we will see him in the red and black again

outspoken
24/05/2014, 10:02 AM
Confirmed that he's fractured his skull but could have been a lot worse. Only out for 2 months I think. Hopefully he recovers soon.