PDA

View Full Version : Cráp, low budjet, B class films

A face
31/10/2004, 2:22 PM
Alright people .... lets compile a list of the crapiest, low budget, crap acting, tacky films rate B movie.

Dont hold back ..... the crappier, the better !! :p

eoinh
31/10/2004, 2:30 PM
Jason And The Argonauts by Ray Harryhausen.

Theres also all those Godzilla movies

thecorner
31/10/2004, 3:20 PM
that tom cruise film..................collateral

talk about ****e

and that coming from a big tom cruise fan :eek:

liam88
31/10/2004, 3:50 PM
The really old one about the man who grows giant and he throws the syringe through the soldier!
(feel free to ignore if this makes no sense to anybody!)

thecorner
31/10/2004, 3:53 PM
The really old one about the man who grows giant and he throws the syringe through the soldier!
(feel free to ignore if this makes no sense to anybody!)

im ignoring ;)

Gary
31/10/2004, 6:15 PM
Earthquake. Basically an eathquake hits San Francisco. Cue random hilarity with deaths varying in quality of rank stupidity.

In fact in one scene, where an elevator breaks, the scene cuts to cartoon looking blood covering the 'camera'.

Funniest film ever made masquerading as NOT being a comedy.

Aberdonian Stu
01/11/2004, 10:42 AM
Here's a few first three are Christopher Lambert (what a shock)

Beowulf - clearly not reading Heaney's recent translation the makers of this film ripped off the Matrix, Predator, and Star Wars (he uses the force at one stage to grab his sword). Awful

Fortress - Christopher Lambert in a futuristic prison and must escape

Fortress II - Same as above but in space and with Pam Greer (clearly Jackie Brown was the limit of her comeback).

Blackjack - Dolph Lundgren is a Private I who shoots his way through the baddies, and shock horror the top baddy is maniacal, camp, and somewhat English.

Titanic* - James Cameron, allegedly cost a fortune, but undoubtedly one of the worst movies of all time.

*admittedly this isn't a B-Movie nor is it in any way low-budget but as an absolute stinker it deserves a mention.

the 12 th man
01/11/2004, 11:26 AM
"the courier" set here in dublin was one of the worst films i've ever seen.
low budget,sh1te acting and just terrible :(

green goblin
01/11/2004, 12:53 PM
"Land that time Forgot"? It's a masterpiece.

Here's the bad 'uns In my view.
Don't mean I don't love 'em, of course...

Godzilla (US Emerich remake- just dreadful. Toho originals are all great. All.)
King Kong Vs Godzilla (Travesty- Guy in a monkey suit. Godzilla comes across well though).
Night of the Lepus (Bones McCoy battles giant killer rabbits)
C.H.U.D. (Toxic canibals under the streets eat people. Not bad, really)
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (Pre-teen Pia Zadora saves Christmas)
They Saved Hitlers Brain (Does what it says)
Get Carter (Remake. Pointless retooling of original)
Italian Job (Remake. Pointless retooling or original)
Judge Dredd ( Dreadful. Should've been so much better. Wasn't)
Carry on England (Dreadful last gasps of a dying franchise).
Zoltan Hound of Dracula. Dracula's dog in killer puppy rampage.
The Corpse grinders. Much same as above, but replace dogs with cats.
Who Dares Wins Oh, puh-lease.

Too many more to mention. But I probably will. :o

the 12 th man
01/11/2004, 12:58 PM
"
Zoltan Hound of Dracula. Dracula's dog in killer puppy rampage.

that was a classic.
dracs old disciple roaming the place with the dog in tow.

Ruairi
01/11/2004, 1:02 PM
ghostbusters 2. watched it last night. what were they thinking???

*edit*crap, that was my 1,000th post.i always thought it would be something profound and thought provoking. instead it's "ghostbusters 2 is sh!t". so wow, 1,000 posts, still a long way to go before i reach Eanna levels of sadness though...

green goblin
01/11/2004, 1:07 PM
that was a classic.
dracs old disciple roaming the place with the dog in tow.
So glad to have found someone else who enjoyed it. :o
the scene at the end with the little vampire puppy in freeze frame gets me going every time. It's genius.

Gary
01/11/2004, 1:11 PM
Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes was absolute rubbish, but at least it was honest about it.

Revenge of the Killer Cyborgs. Basically this was just Terminator, exact same story line, worse acting (yes, worse than Arnie), worse effects.

the 12 th man
01/11/2004, 1:23 PM
So glad to have found someone else who enjoyed it. :o

around the same era ,one call "squirm".supposed to be about worms but the so called worms were more like elastic bands or spaghetti :D

green goblin
01/11/2004, 1:26 PM
Starcrash (1979)- awful Italian rip off of Star wars. But with David Hasslehoff.

Message from Space (1978)- awful Japanese rip off of Star Wars.

Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)- hardly anyone has ever seen this, and Lucas has banned all and any attempts to get it out to the public again. It's an attrocious coke addled roller disco dancing mess- and I loved it!I had the good fortune to see it on RTE in my cousin Paddy's bedroom in Waterford, Christmas 1979. I truly count myself among the blessed. the Force will be with you, always- but now it's time to get funky!!

gustavo
01/11/2004, 1:27 PM
hunk (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093231/)
vampirella (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118063/)
these are the 2 worst pieces of rubbish ive ever seen

Dricky
01/11/2004, 1:27 PM
The Dark man, so bad you have to laugh

Ruairi
01/11/2004, 1:47 PM
Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)- hardly anyone has ever seen this, and Lucas has banned all and any attempts to get it out to the public again.

It was on the best of the muppet show DVD, Vol 1 i think

green goblin
01/11/2004, 2:40 PM
It was on the best of the muppet show DVD, Vol 1 i think

Well, I hope you're right, because I'll buy it at once!
But sadly I think you're getting confused with Mark Hammil's guesting on the Muppets, available on Amazon. A lot of people saw Hammil on the Muppets and think they've seen the Holiday Special as a result.
Likewise the Donny and Marie Osmond Show Star wars special is often half remembered as being the Holiday Special. It's almost as dreadful/brilliant, featuiring dancing stormtroopers and Kris Kristopherson as han Solo, but it's still not the Holiday Special.