PDA

View Full Version : Shels Feeling The Heat

thecorner
31/10/2004, 10:13 AM
from eleven-a-side (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=14357)

Fenlon reveals Shels nerves

October 31, 2004

Shelbourne manager Pat Fenlon has admitted that his players will be in nervous mood ahead of Monday night’s clash with Cup winners Longford Town at Tolka Park – despite their seemingly invincible position at the top of the Premier Division table.

Following Friday night’s 0-0 draw with second-placed Cork City at Tolka, Shels need to slip up twice in their last four games to allow the Leesiders back into contention for the eircom League crown.

But with just one win in their last four games, the Reds are hardly in the type of imperious form that they enjoyed early in the campaign – and Fenlon concedes that, with so much at stake, there will inevitably be a few nerves.

He told the Sunday World: “It gets very nervy at this stage of the season, but we’d have taken a four-point lead with four to go if it was offered at the start of the season. We must be wary against Longford ... We’ll be looking to beat them, that’s our only target at the moment.”

kevincronin2000
31/10/2004, 11:20 AM
Any chance of getting some exiles along to tolka park on Monday Night to cheer on DE TOWN.

exile
31/10/2004, 1:02 PM
will be heading along alright anyone else care to join me

niamh
31/10/2004, 1:21 PM
Any chance of getting some exiles along to tolka park on Monday Night to cheer on DE TOWN.

maybe...is just around the corner
but depends on work among other things.

DolansWaistcoat
31/10/2004, 1:30 PM
It would be brilliant if Longford could get a draw there and then Fenlon would really feel the pressure for the last three games.

Come on De Town!

thecorner
31/10/2004, 1:58 PM
It would be brilliant if Longford could get a draw there

Come on De Town!

be even better if they got a win ;)

DolansWaistcoat
31/10/2004, 2:05 PM
be even better if they got a win ;)

Great logic there Corner,fair dues to ya.Twould be a dream come true for us if Town beat them.

eoinh
31/10/2004, 2:18 PM
I cant see Shels beating them twice over two games. Longford should be really up for it. The cup is won, they cant be relegated and they can help to decide the league championship.

Plus ive always thought people were very harsh to them over their loss to vaduz who are a super-duper team :)

Longfordian
31/10/2004, 2:22 PM
Fair play to you eoinh, defended us all the way :) We'll definitely be looking to pick up at least one point out of the two games, we often do quite well in Tolka, got a draw for Bohs in a similar situation two years ago..and we don't even like Bohs.. :D

thecorner
31/10/2004, 3:08 PM
great result. waterford after beating rovers 2-0 so still have intertoto to play for. should be a brawl in tolka with the 2 thug teams

Fair_play_boy
31/10/2004, 3:41 PM
Great logic there Corner,fair dues to ya.Twould be a dream come true for us if Town beat them.And, er, I think Longford wouldn't mind it either :p .

b_mcsweeney
01/11/2004, 11:25 AM
i'm half tempted to head along, but i've a feeling i might have to work late tonight. does anyone know if it'll be on the radio anywhere?

rebelnorrie
01/11/2004, 11:43 AM
Ill Probably Head Up To Tolka To Cheer On Da Town,this Will Be The Second Time In 8 Days That Im Supporting Them After The Waaaaaaaaaaaarfurt Game Last Sunday,cmon Da Town

paudie
01/11/2004, 12:33 PM
I cant see Shels beating them twice over two games. Longford should be really up for it. The cup is won, they cant be relegated

:)

Actually they still can be relagated. Three points would make them safe though.

hopefully alan Reynolds will be emphasing that to the players tonight.

it might be better for City if Longford got a point tonight, then they still wouldn't be safe when they play Shels at the weekend and they might get a home win. That would be Shels dropping the 5 points we need.

If they win tonight they'll be safe and won't care how they do against Shels at the weekend.

Well I can dream :o

Pablo
01/11/2004, 12:37 PM
Actually they still can be relagated. Three points would make them safe though.

hopefully alan Reynolds will be emphasing that to the players tonight.

it might be better for City if Longford got a point tonight, then they still wouldn't be safe when they play Shels at the weekend and they might get a home win. That would be Shels dropping the 5 points we need.

If they win tonight they'll be safe and won't care how they do against Shels at the weekend.

Well I can dream :o

alan reynols? matthews you mean?

to be honest i'd love 2 draws!

paudie
01/11/2004, 12:56 PM
alan reynols? matthews you mean?

Oops. Well spotted :o