PDA

View Full Version : Harps Are Up

Pages : [1] 2

wakenuppaddy
30/10/2004, 8:35 PM
Blue And White Army :) :) :)

harpskid
30/10/2004, 8:42 PM
Boy does it feel good to be kissing the first division goodbye.

4 years we've been waiting for this but we're back in the big time :D :D

YAY!! :D :D

Mr A
30/10/2004, 8:59 PM
It's good to be back.

Felix for manager of the year.

Kevin McHugh for Taoiseach.

Harps for the division one title. :cool:

A face
30/10/2004, 9:08 PM
Boy does it feel good to be kissing the first division goodbye.

I think the hardest year is yet to come .... Pats seem to be getting some order back, Rover have 9 million invested, Derry have Kenny and a hatred for you lot, Dublin City are gone. There wont be much room at the end of the table. If Harps want to stay up, they'll have to make an impression early on.

Best of luck anyway and looking forward to a trip to Ballbofey !!

finn
30/10/2004, 9:21 PM
my god its been a long time coming

4 years in the wilderness is long enough, we have jebus mchugh and god healey, thank jebus we didnt have a moses or we would have been there much longer

COME ON THE HARPS

Pete

Poor Student
30/10/2004, 10:40 PM
Congratulations to Harps. :D We'll lock horns again next year as UCD are officially promoted too. :ball:

finnharpsinluto
30/10/2004, 11:17 PM
By God it Feels Good to be there at last.
We really have to go out now and win the League and prove to ourselves more than anyone that we can do it.
There has been a wave of apathy around Finn Park this year and hopefully now this will bring the crowds back for the end of the season And Harps can show that we Are capable of competing in the Prem. We'll Consolidate next season and build from there. We have more patience than anyone so we're not expecting miracles.
Wish I could be at the game in Monaghan tomorrow.

Bring on the Shels the Shams the Gypsies ;)

Éanna
30/10/2004, 11:44 PM
congrats. delighted for ye

Slash/ED
30/10/2004, 11:55 PM
I'm delighted the Harps are up at last, looking forward to play ya next year.

Mr A
31/10/2004, 1:29 AM
Are you mad?

Do you know of your record against us?

We are are the Harps, and we fear no-one.

Mr A
31/10/2004, 1:34 AM
That's the mad thing. We really don't.

De Town
31/10/2004, 9:57 AM
Bring on the Shels the Shams the Gypsies ;)

And De Town ;)

Pauro 76
31/10/2004, 10:46 AM
Well done the Harps!

max power
31/10/2004, 10:49 AM
well done harps, lookin forward to a few good weekends on the batter bally :D

oh and sending yee right back down again ;)

1 9 2 8
31/10/2004, 2:10 PM
Your going straight back down again

corkharps
31/10/2004, 2:31 PM
Happy happy days! :D

eoinh
31/10/2004, 2:34 PM
Congrats. Been to Ballybofey and Finn Park once (and there wasn't a match on :o - the groundsman left me in).

Finn Harps seem to be a club that most people for some reason like.

CollegeTillIDie
31/10/2004, 2:36 PM
Well Done Harps

We will be right up there too. Which is no more than our performances this season deserve.

Maz
31/10/2004, 2:51 PM
Well done to the harps! Looking forward to the trips to Ballybofey!
Well done to UCD also, not really looking forward to those trips to Belfield!!

Cosmo
31/10/2004, 2:55 PM
Yeah, go on the harps, good to see you up - plenty of drogs looking forward to the trips up next season :)

Mad Moose
01/11/2004, 9:06 AM
Back where we belong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: Damn nice to sit back and read the best wishes.

Brendan

Pablo
01/11/2004, 2:28 PM
well done Harps. pity about UCD though ;)

max power
01/11/2004, 2:30 PM
well done Harps. pity about UCD though ;)

see pablo, that anti dub thing, you need to get that chip looked at :D ;)

Pablo
01/11/2004, 2:31 PM
see pablo, that anti dub thing, you need to get that chip looked at :D ;)

its more of an anti rubbish clubs with no facilities thing actually ;)

Ash
01/11/2004, 2:47 PM
Congrats to Harps.
Delighted to see ye promoted. Best of luck in the Premier.

(well done UCD aswell)

Dillo
01/11/2004, 2:54 PM
Back where we belong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: Damn nice to sit back and read the best wishes.

Brendan

Absolutely delighted for Finn Harps and it's faithful followers. The past few years of have been nothing short of turmoil for ye. Yer back where ye belong. All the best!

Aberdonian Stu
01/11/2004, 3:05 PM
Pablo, seeing as you pretty much asked for it...HA HA!

We're baaaaaack!

But of course Pablo you're absolutely right, we have contributed nothing to the league over the years, what with fostering so many players many of who were going nowhere after not making it in England and getting them some sort of qualification and developing them as footballers what on earth were we thinking? Furthermore how dare we run football as a meritocracy, by gad sir Kildare with that fine ground of theirs and its stadium that rivals Old Trafford should be promoted. What were we thinking?

Aberdonian Stu
01/11/2004, 3:06 PM
By the way thanks Ash! (Just to show we have no beef with the Thoroughbreds).

anto eile
01/11/2004, 3:16 PM
well done harps.best of luck next year. hopefully we hoops will still be in the premier to play yiz!

i reckon most people seem to like harps casue its a good away trip, plenty of drink and great craic. and bar derry i dont think they really have any bad/bitter rivalry/hatred of anyone

Bald Student
01/11/2004, 3:22 PM
its more of an anti rubbish clubs with no facilities thing actually ;)

I don't mean to open a tin of worms but unlike Cork, UCD own their home ground.

dortie
01/11/2004, 3:22 PM
and bar derry i dont think they really have any bad/bitter rivalry/hatred of anyone

Their never up long enough to forge a rivalry. :D

YO-YO springs to mind

Bald Student
01/11/2004, 3:42 PM
I don't mean to open a tin of worms but unlike Cork, UCD own their home ground.

And while I'm on the subject, have you ever been to Ballybofea? Are you saying that Finn Park is a better ground than Belfield?

dortie
01/11/2004, 3:46 PM
Are you saying that Finn Park is a better ground than Belfield?

Although Im at pain to see UCD back up I have to agree that Belfield isnt as bad as Finn Park.

So has Finn Harps and UCD got the A-license yet. Not a word of it for some strange reason.

'74KA
01/11/2004, 4:14 PM
Although Im at pain to see UCD back up I have to agree that Belfield isnt as bad as Finn Park.

So has Finn Harps and UCD got the A-license yet. Not a word of it for some strange reason.

Here we go!Crawl back under the rock! :rolleyes:

Well done to Harps,look forward to the trips up North and the special opening hours! ;)

yur man
01/11/2004, 4:44 PM
well done the harps

and good luck next year

1 9 2 8
01/11/2004, 6:01 PM
i reckon most people seem to like harps
No, we hate the b@stards

Schumi
01/11/2004, 6:06 PM
Well done Harps. Looking forward to another trip (or two) down there next year.

dortie
01/11/2004, 6:16 PM
Here we go!Crawl back under the rock! :rolleyes:

Damn, sssssshh shouldnt bring that dreaded A-license thing up should i :rolleyes:

If id a rock to climb under id maybe bounce it off your head first. ;)

pineapple stu
01/11/2004, 6:26 PM
Serious point on the UEFA Licence though - how can any First Division clubs realistically make the changes without any Government/FAI funding, which was promised when eircom Park fell through? I'd say half the teams in the league have had games when the gate didn't even pay the officials - how are they supposed to build a 1500-seater stand? UEFA Licencing is a great idea, but it seems to have bene appallingly implemented and won't have any miplications for which team plays in which division next season.

Bald Student
01/11/2004, 8:21 PM
UEFA Licencing ... won't have any implications for which team plays in which division next season.

Unless Galway yet the license, then the feaces would hit the fan.

yur man
02/11/2004, 1:38 PM
im sure harps will have it sorted by next season

the alternative of playin their games in the brandywell will be enough of a motivation ;)

Ash
02/11/2004, 2:01 PM
By the way thanks Ash! (Just to show we have no beef with the Thoroughbreds).

I've nothing to do with Kildare?

Pablo
02/11/2004, 3:05 PM
Pablo, seeing as you pretty much asked for it...HA HA!

We're baaaaaack!

But of course Pablo you're absolutely right, we have contributed nothing to the league over the years, what with fostering so many players many of who were going nowhere after not making it in England and getting them some sort of qualification and developing them as footballers what on earth were we thinking? Furthermore how dare we run football as a meritocracy, by gad sir Kildare with that fine ground of theirs and its stadium that rivals Old Trafford should be promoted. What were we thinking?

i agree, Kildare shouldnt come up either but there should be a minimum requirement for promotion.

can anyone disagree with that?

Mad Moose
02/11/2004, 3:12 PM
No, we hate the b@stards

Aah there ya go.Not something you hear or see any day. A Sligo Rovers supporter.

Aye and you've plenty to shout about, well that you do but nothing to look forward to.

Brendan

dortie
02/11/2004, 3:26 PM
Aah there ya go.Not something you hear or see any day. A Sligo Rovers supporter.

Aye and you've plenty to shout about, well that you do but nothing to look forward to.

Brendan

At least the lad witnessed his club WIN something in the past 30 years. Who are Harps to slag off any club.

Neish
02/11/2004, 3:42 PM
Damn, sssssshh shouldnt bring that dreaded A-license thing up should i :rolleyes:

If id a rock to climb under id maybe bounce it off your head first. ;)

More incite full input from Dortie :rolleyes:

Dortie can you explain exactly why you hate Finn Harps FC, and why you just abuse any Harps fan that is trying to hold a decent debate with you.

Personally I don't hate Derry City, I just think some of your fans a fools at best.

Pablo
02/11/2004, 3:43 PM
Dortie can you explain exactly why you hate Finn Harps FC, and why you just abuse any Harps fan that is trying to hold a decent debate with you.

Personally I don't hate Derry City, I just think some of your fans a fools at best.

its rivalry i presume! more of it! it livens the place up a bit!

Neish
02/11/2004, 3:45 PM
its rivalry i presume! more of it! it livens the place up a bit!

Nothing wrong with a bit of rivilary and banter, but this fella just seems to want to stir up constant ****

harry crumb
02/11/2004, 4:21 PM
Does Patsy McGowen go to your matches as a fan?

Mad Moose
02/11/2004, 4:29 PM
Wile understandably Derry City and Harps fans dont agree to much there is a general concensus amongst both that Dortie/Housty is a ******!!!!!!!!!!!May as well play him at his own game.

Brendan