PDA

View Full Version : Must win game this weekend

outspoken
08/05/2014, 3:24 PM
The fact we keep labelling every game as must win at this early stage shows how poor our start has been compared to the likes of Wexford youths and Shane Keegan deserves massive credit for what he's done down there.

This is officially our worst start to a league since 2010 when cork, Derry, shels, limerick and Monaghan were all in the league and considering the lack of quality in this years league compared to that, it really has been an unacceptable start from cousins in my opinion.

Wexford are only 4 points behind shels going into this game and are on a great run of form and confidence so will come down here fearing nothing. Although, they haven't beaten us in any competition since 2010 so if we are losing to them at home it really will be time for a change.

I'm not confident but I think wel scrape a 1-0 as Wexford will come down here and set up with 2 banks of 4 as usual so it will be up to us to find a way to break them down. Team selection is crucial and I just don't trust TC to get it right. Hope I'm wrong.

Martinho II
08/05/2014, 3:29 PM
I am afraid to even hazard a guess but the sooner TC is ran out of the club the better regardless of how we get on. He is pushing people from goin to matches..

Darklordsbane
08/05/2014, 4:59 PM
Team selection will be very interesting, I said before the last Wexford match that I thought Cousins would start to mess around with the centre midfield players, he would be looking to get Mark Salmon into the team and wouldn't drop Rice so I guessed it would be Gorman or O Connor who would be dropped, as it turns out it was Rhys.
Outspoken said at the time he wasn't dropped as he was only back from playing a representitive match in Wales on Wendesday (and also James), it was to much to ask to play again so quickly, well judging on Mark playing 3 games in 6 days that's crap (and Mark only nursing himself back from almost a year out)
Now will it be a different team every week to try to give most of them some game time as he needs a happy dressing room with the transfer window fast approaching, (mind you there are a few who I for one wouldn't mind if they were let go elsewhere) or will he stick with what he believes is his strongest team to try and keep his job by winning no matter what type of football is played
I'm guessing the latter,

L.T.F.C.
09/05/2014, 1:49 PM
Indeed, team selection will be important. Russell needs to be dropped. I haven't seen him play well yet - albeit I haven't been at many games this year. He makes simple mistakes and seems to be wary of nailing a lad. Gorman needs to start in his place. Its time to push on now and start burying the opposition. It is simply not good enough that we are in the position we're in and now is time. Cousin's needs a good kick in the hole and it may be out the door if this doesn't change immediately.

Darklordsbane
10/05/2014, 3:19 PM
Match off