PDA

View Full Version : bray v galway- beat you to it roo

d_informer
30/10/2004, 11:29 AM
Starting in attack mode but with little to show for it, the home side were almost undone just before the quarter hour when Derek O'Brien beat the offside trap and two defenders to put himself clear on a ball out of defence, but Bray 'keeper Chris O'Connor dived feet first to block his shot, and the ball was eventually cleared away after two more half-chances for the Westerners went a-begging.
Earlier a sequence of corners to the home side produced little, with Colm Tresson on his first appearance in nearly two months getting too little with his header at the end.
Both sides were raiding deep into enemy territory, with Dave Goldby and Colin Fortune proving a handful for a weakened Bray defence, and Ronan Frawley was narriowly wide just before the half hour having made a late rush in anticipation of Fortune's half-way free.

d_informer
30/10/2004, 11:30 AM
Eamon Zayed put the home side ahead with a tap in after Stephen Fox nodded on a Stephen Gifford throw, with Kieran 'Tarzan' O'Brien backheeling just in front of Galway 'keeper Alan Gough to put the striker clear.
Galway almost leveled matters in first half injury time when O'Connor did well to collect a toe-poke from Mark Herrick after Zayed squandered a nice position. with O'Brien free on the other side, by seeing his attempt blocked away by Gough.
Galway's defence kept them in the game for much of the second half, Gough blocking and punching, and skipper Nigel Keady prominent also.
Just after the hour mark, Gough put another Zayed effort wide with a fingertip effort he had to repeat to keep CiarĂ¡n Ryan's ensuing corner out. But against the run of play, a fine through ball by substitute Barry Moran put Goldby one on one with O'Connor, and he coolly slotted home.

d_informer
30/10/2004, 11:31 AM
Bray could have gone ahead a minute later when O'Brien headed over after good work by Zayed and Colm James, and Paul O'Reilly was unlucky to see a snap shot head straight for Gough, while following another sequence of Bray corners the same player shot well over when the visitors' goalie finally managed to punch away.
Despite his initial inclination, referee Jimmy O'Neill pointed at the penalty spot at the urging of Assistant Terry Murphy on the line after Zayed was brought down by Frawley just short of the end-line, but Gough dived wide to his right to save.
A notional, if possibly temporary, improvement of Bray's position against fourth place Kildare County, who were due to face Sligo at the Showgrounds the following night.
But in truth, the Seagulls failed to make good so many opportunities that they probably deserved no more than a single point out of the encounter.

ha ha beat you to it roo ;)

seagulls4ever
30/10/2004, 12:21 PM
bray were pretty sloppy all game. were lucky enough to come away with the draw to be honest. o'brien (derek) had a handful of early chances that really would've put us out. lucky escape for devo i say, especially with the penalty. if they're not careful, they'll lose even the backdoor promotion spot they have.

haha roo, gutted. beaten at the only thing you're good at. must hurt.

Superhoops
30/10/2004, 12:47 PM
ha ha beat you to it roo ;)

haha roo, gutted. beaten at the only thing you're good at. must hurt.

You really are a pathetic pair! Amazing how little things please littel minds! :mad:

d_informer
30/10/2004, 1:29 PM
You really are a pathetic pair! Amazing how little things please littel minds! :mad:

if your gonna slag me at least spell correctly!! and by the way its only a joke mate get over yourself. roo said b4 that its worth posting, for the sake of those that dont see our website, the match results. thats why i did it. develop a sense of humour b4 you join chat forums- theyre just a bit of fun. im sure roo doesnt take everything to heart!! :)

seagulls4ever
30/10/2004, 1:42 PM

your girlfriend/partner must love your pen1s so.

d_informer
30/10/2004, 2:21 PM
and by the way- i hate this guy (seagulls4ever) and am still gutted that he has not been removed from the forum!his remarks are blatantly posted to upset and provoke peolpe on the forum.im up for a bit of craic, i think most of u know that but this guy takes it too far. in all honesty, is there any way we can have him removed from the site? :mad:

Superhoops
30/10/2004, 2:22 PM
if your gonna slag me at least spell correctly!!
what like this?

HEY EVERYBODY RAFA IS A MARKETING MANAGER- come look, he put his foot in it and his friend squeeled on him!! God dammit where the hell is Roo when you need him, I thought he lived in this forum ROOOOOO ROOOOO theres a marketing manager in the forum- HIS NAME IS RAAAAAAFFFFFFAAAAAAAAA!!! (im telling on you :p )

or this?

well spotted tarzan and chopper is over his injury for the best part i am told but i am also told he apparently tweeked his groin in training and the injury keeps resurfacing at every opportunity. not so sure hes missed though- nice lad but replaceable at his very best!!nice to see you have returned to decent and honourable forum chat, not b1tchin' with that seagulls forever, whom by the way i feel we should remove from this forum for his inappropriate and vulgar manner on the site! :mad:

Thanks for the spelling lesson! Can't wait for the next lesson on punctuation and grammar.

seagulls4ever
30/10/2004, 2:32 PM
and by the way- i hate this guy (seagulls4ever) and am still gutted that he has not been removed from the forum!his remarks are blatantly posted to upset and provoke peolpe on the forum.im up for a bit of craic, i think most of u know that but this guy takes it too far. in all honesty, is there any way we can have him removed from the site? :mad:

what have i done in the slightest against you? you moron. i've not said a (really) bad word against you since you got here. my negative feelings are aimed at those who cannot see the state BW are in, not at some smart-arsed petty b1tching match you and some pedant are having. why should i be removed? i've not been offensive towards any minorities, unlike you.

d_informer
30/10/2004, 2:56 PM
:D ha ha ha ha ha very very good :p i wondered where you went for the last half an hour!! nice one, but if you really wanna quote the raven try this

You really are a pathetic pair! Amazing how little things please littel minds! :mad: You spent the last half hour finding quotes where i had poor spelling and im the pathetic "LITTEL" mind! Good job!!!! ;)

oh and by the way, shut up seagulls4ever!

Seagull
30/10/2004, 8:59 PM
Did you see the reaction when Galway took off their no. 10- Dupuy, I think? He refused to shake hands with his replacement, sat down in the dugout pulling on a top. His manager approached him and he blanked him too, flouncing off to the dressing rooms, stamping his little feet. What a wankr! :rolleyes:

seagulls4ever
31/10/2004, 9:38 AM
Did you see the reaction when Galway took off their no. 10- Dupuy, I think? He refused to shake hands with his replacement, sat down in the dugout pulling on a top. His manager approached him and he blanked him too, flouncing off to the dressing rooms, stamping his little feet. What a wankr! :rolleyes:

i think he was predominantly disappointed with his performance, he didn't cause us any trouble. he's had a decent season, with a good few goals. to be taken off after an hour would be pretty disheartening and frustrating. fu ckin flowery french if you ask me...

d_informer
06/11/2004, 2:26 PM
no abuse at all!! what are you talking about? no extreme language, no distasteful comments, no vile rubbish as so often found in your posts. GROW UP. its tired already.