PDA

View Full Version : Rooney's pedigree

dean02
29/10/2004, 4:00 PM
In terms of Genesis, FAI or general business What has Rooney actually done in the last 18 months?

Bald Student
29/10/2004, 4:24 PM
International tickets for eL fans
Landsdown Road redevelopment plan

TheJamaicanP.M.
29/10/2004, 4:27 PM
In terms of Genesis, FAI or general business What has Rooney actually done in the last 18 months?

Personally, I think he's no better than the rest of the political hacks in Merrion Square. The media and EL fans like to make a romantic figure out of him. The new Lansdowne Road hasnt been built yet and the EL allocation on the North Terrace wont be there when the French and Swiss come to town.

dean02
29/10/2004, 4:35 PM

The prices are very high for tickets - that doesn't help? What did he do regarding Lansdowne development plan? Which part was he responsible for?

CuanaD
29/10/2004, 4:44 PM

And the Setanta Cup! :ball:

Schumi
29/10/2004, 4:50 PM
the EL allocation on the North Terrace wont be there when the French and Swiss come to town.Not what I was told.

dean02
29/10/2004, 4:58 PM
And the Setanta Cup! :ball:

If he did, and also made the remarks about stamping out racism when Rangers players were being booed that he would expel them from Lansdowne road, then put it on the billboards around the pitch, and in subsequent match programmes.

Why did someone in his position make the joke about Northern Ireland players while managing to slag gay people at the same time? Furthermore, since he played the racist card quite strongly did he not do what threatened to do to 'racist' fans , and expel himself. This would have been the right thing resign - he's hardly the stuff of leaders!

Aberdonian Stu
29/10/2004, 5:47 PM
Ok Deano I have nothing against you but that comment was just silly. The joke is funny and not racist. And even if it wasn't funny it still wouldn't be racist. The reason: Northern Ireland are quite crap at football (at the moment) as results over the past few years have shown and are therefore it is fair game to slag about their footballing ability. As for the gay 'insult' while I would have considered such comments unwise (believe me if I were PR manager in the FAI I'd still be screaming at Rooney for taking the chance, although come to think of it if I were PR manager in the FAI I'd probably be depressed and wondering how I got such an awful job) there were hardly the most inflammatory comments and there was clearly no malice intended (unlike those who boo Rangers players when they come to Lansdowne Rd).

ShelsTim
29/10/2004, 11:49 PM
He's done a job to promote the eL during the international games and has also gone out of his way to try improve atmosphere at the games, which has worked.

dean02
30/10/2004, 10:37 AM
Ok Deano I have nothing against you but that comment was just silly. The joke is funny and not racist. And even if it wasn't funny it still wouldn't be racist. The reason: Northern Ireland are quite crap at football (at the moment) as results over the past few years have shown and are therefore it is fair game to slag about their footballing ability. As for the gay 'insult' while I would have considered such comments unwise (believe me if I were PR manager in the FAI I'd still be screaming at Rooney for taking the chance, although come to think of it if I were PR manager in the FAI I'd probably be depressed and wondering how I got such an awful job) there were hardly the most inflammatory comments and there was clearly no malice intended (unlike those who boo Rangers players when they come to Lansdowne Rd).

Look I can see the joke and see it for what is was, a joke! But what I'm questioning here is that this guy keeps trying to play the moral high ground card eg Liveline football is about the Mother's & Fathers & the kids (which I agree with) but at the same time, in front of 40 hacks cracks this joke. UEFA during the same week are running their contribution to FARE over the course of the same week - What sort of message is Rooney sending?

dean02
30/10/2004, 10:52 AM
Look I can see the joke and see it for what is was, a joke! But what I'm questioning here is that this guy keeps trying to play the moral high ground card eg Liveline football is about the Mother's & Fathers & the kids (which I agree with) but at the same time, in front of 40 hacks cracks this joke. UEFA during the same week are running their contribution to FARE over the course of the same week - What sort of message is Rooney sending?
Apologies forgot to mention FARE is a Football against Racism and discrimination initiative also backed by the EU, their programme calls for a halt to all forms of racism. Racism takes many forms including discrimination on religous grounds and on sexual preference. Unfortunately there's has been a history between North/South Ireland manifested in some pretty ugly sectarian shows of violence. This has showed its ugly head in Football in Ireland, particularly in NI/ROI, Glentoran/Linfield and in Scotland with Celtic/Rangers matches.

Every effort to "reach across the divide" including the Setanta Cup are welcome but I think making jokes of this nature reflects badly on Rooney, the FAI and the people who support football. The picture I get of Rooney is that you should not boo Rangers players if you do, you get barred. However it is okay for me (Rooney) on UEFA FARE week to crack my jokes in front of the media. Is this guy really thinking of the Mother's, Father's and the kids as he claims?

dean02
30/10/2004, 11:02 AM
He's done a job to promote the eL during the international games and has also gone out of his way to try improve atmosphere at the games, which has worked.

Fair point, there's a notable presence of League of Ireland fans at matches and it would seem that certain iniatives have been tried. I assume this helps in increasing attendance figures for EL games?

Improving the atmosphere - well I hear ya, but as a fan of football I don't need to be told when to cheer and clap, sing the Fields of Athenry and "Hey Baby" everytime someone scores. Furthermore when piping "you'll never walk alone" before games makes me cringe, scottish mc's and all that nonsense.

aka Dus
30/10/2004, 2:03 PM
If he had substituted 'playing for Northern Ireland' with 'working for the FAI' then the joke would have been a lot funnier.

CollegeTillIDie
30/10/2004, 2:37 PM
The joke was ill adivsed as were the gay comment and his own comment about having played like a woman. This is a man who is a former manager of the Republic of Ireland Women's team for chrissakes.

Having said all that one of the main contributions he has made was to ensure the facilities provided for the international teams were improved as requested by Brian Kerr. The not coincidental return of Roy Keane to the Irish Senior ranks is partly attributable to Mr. Rooney's efforts on this aspect at the prompting of Brian Kerr.

In spite of his comments he has also helped raise the profile of the Women's game, last Sunday's Cup Final between UCD and Dundalk taking place as a curtain raiser to the Longford -Waterford Cup Final being a prime example.

Look at the quality of oppostion who have played Ireland in Friendlies.... Brazil , Portugal, Czech Republic etc. We have rarely had such a consistently high level of opposition in so called Friendlies.

The introduction of a special EL fans section at Internationals; and the provision of flags banners etc to those fans to use at League games has also improved the atmosphere at both internationals and domestic games.

I happen to believe that the balance sheet for Fran Rooney has more plusses than minusses.

DOn't forget some of the People who are having problems with Rooney on the Board of the FAI did not cover themselves with glory at club level and I am thinking in particular of Il Presidente Corcoran and John Delaney who at different times almost led their club to insolvency.

Also some of the people sniping at Rooney backed Kilcoyne when he ran for President of the FAI . A man who shouldered part of the responsibility for selling Glenmalure Park , Milltown for property development.

It is time the media had a look at the credentials of his critics as well IMO.

Pablo
30/10/2004, 2:51 PM
Milo Corcoran seems to be wearing a suit of teflon...............could he be the bad apple?

Slash/ED
30/10/2004, 5:22 PM
If he had substituted 'playing for Northern Ireland' with 'working for the FAI' then the joke would have been a lot funnier.

Very true :D

dean02
30/10/2004, 5:51 PM
The joke was ill adivsed as were the gay comment and his own comment about having played like a woman. This is a man who is a former manager of the Republic of Ireland Women's team for chrissakes.

Having said all that one of the main contributions he has made was to ensure the facilities provided for the international teams were improved as requested by Brian Kerr. The not coincidental return of Roy Keane to the Irish Senior ranks is partly attributable to Mr. Rooney's efforts on this aspect at the prompting of Brian Kerr.

In spite of his comments he has also helped raise the profile of the Women's game, last Sunday's Cup Final between UCD and Dundalk taking place as a curtain raiser to the Longford -Waterford Cup Final being a prime example.

Look at the quality of oppostion who have played Ireland in Friendlies.... Brazil , Portugal, Czech Republic etc. We have rarely had such a consistently high level of opposition in so called Friendlies.

The introduction of a special EL fans section at Internationals; and the provision of flags banners etc to those fans to use at League games has also improved the atmosphere at both internationals and domestic games.

I happen to believe that the balance sheet for Fran Rooney has more plusses than minusses.

DOn't forget some of the People who are having problems with Rooney on the Board of the FAI did not cover themselves with glory at club level and I am thinking in particular of Il Presidente Corcoran and John Delaney who at different times almost led their club to insolvency.

Also some of the people sniping at Rooney backed Kilcoyne when he ran for President of the FAI . A man who shouldered part of the responsibility for selling Glenmalure Park , Milltown for property development.

It is time the media had a look at the credentials of his critics as well IMO.

I read in the papers was that when he cracked his joke about playing like a woman in front of representatives of all teams concerned, they place went into a stunned silence followed by embarrassed laughter. The fact that he was the Women's Football Manager means he should have known better. It's good that the women's game gets more profile but unfortunately Rooney's joke got much more media coverage.

Regarding Keane, I can only think he played a very minor role. Keane came back to Ireland because of Kerr - Kerr should get the full credit. Surely Kerr didn't need any prompting from Rooney! If I also remember correctly, Rooney was on the Radio as quickly afterwards to announce Keane back in the squad sounding like he was more responsible that he actually was quoting "a more professionally run organisation" - the new FAI so to speak. When it was apparent that Roy would not be playing in a subsequent game, Rooney's silence on the matter was resounding. As for facilities etc., I think the real test would be when we (and hopefully we will) have to travel for a tournament.

In light of recent events, I appreciate that it is difficult to see for all the mud slinging but I know who I would credit for Ireland's position on top of the table? Not rooney, not corcoran, nor delaney or any of the blazers brigade.

Granted, nice to see good opposition for Ireland, such as Brazil, Czech Republic, these were coup's - however all at a cost, some other dodgy games to watch, pricier tickets, threats of having to go to the UK - all in the cause of Revenue for the FAI while us punters have to foot the bill and scramble for tickets. I suppose one test would be to actually look at the costs versus income for these. If what you see in the papers is true he received 700 tickets for the Brazil game kindof takes the shine off?

I agree, the credentials of the snipers also needs to be reviewed, it looks like Rooney likes the spotlight however. With his recent appearance on Primetime he categorically refused to answer some of the questions put to him on Genesis, he failed to take responsibilty as CEO, he seemed to avoid anything of substance and unfortunately, to me he came across as someone pleading for his job. I have always had my doubts about The President and Delaney.

However for someone with 'Tycoon' status who leaves unpaid restaurant bills for nearly a year, and then goes on Liveline to answer questions, he again avoided questions, said he had questions but wouldn't air them I'm I have some serious doubts about this guy.

ShelsTim
30/10/2004, 11:30 PM
Regarding Keane, I can only think he played a very minor role. Keane came back to Ireland because of Kerr - Kerr should get the full credit. Surely Kerr didn't need any prompting from Rooney! If I also remember correctly, Rooney was on the Radio as quickly afterwards to announce Keane back in the squad sounding like he was more responsible that he actually was quoting "a more professionally run organisation" - the new FAI so to speak. When it was apparent that Roy would not be playing in a subsequent game, Rooney's silence on the matter was resounding. As for facilities etc., I think the real test would be when we (and hopefully we will) have to travel for a tournament.

He's brought in a more professional FAI and it was himself who got the thorough selection process which resulted in Brian Kerr as manager, not only that, but Chris Hughton as assistant and Packie Bonner as technical director. Roy himself has said the whole set up is a lot better since his time and everyone has much more ambition.

Granted, nice to see good opposition for Ireland, such as Brazil, Czech Republic, these were coup's - however all at a cost, some other dodgy games to watch, pricier tickets, threats of having to go to the UK - all in the cause of Revenue for the FAI while us punters have to foot the bill and scramble for tickets. I suppose one test would be to actually look at the costs versus income for these. If what you see in the papers is true he received 700 tickets for the Brazil game kindof takes the shine off?

Dodgy games? Like what? Pricier tickets? I don't have statistics on that, perhaps you'd like to provide some. Threats of going to the UK, where would you play internationals then? In Tolka in front of 10,000 people with some huge loss attached, no proper facilities for anyone either. We can't progress if we don't have money, a move to the UK is unavoidable unless Croker is opened. And he got 200 tickets for Brazil, which I agree, does take shine off, I'd like to see what the story was there and also the cost v income thing you mentioned.

However for someone with 'Tycoon' status who leaves unpaid restaurant bills for nearly a year, and then goes on Liveline to answer questions, he again avoided questions, said he had questions but wouldn't air them I'm I have some serious doubts about this guy.

I agree, I have some doubts too, including the ousting of your man Fahey as well as the resignation of the eL director, the one fella who seemed to be doing a decent job. I don't mean to come of as a Rooney backer, but from what I can see, he's been a damn sight better than alot of his predeccesors.

dean02
31/10/2004, 11:10 AM
Hi ShelsTim

Let me get this right...Rooney did WHAT to bring Brian Kerr in as Manager? Packie Bonner expressed his disgust on hearing rooney on Liveline and to me this says it all. Similarly a substantial proportion of un-blazered staff in FAI are threatening to resign if Rooney remains.

Some good games - yes but who really wants to see Canada play, they are cr@p. Pricier Tickets: Faroe Islands for €60 (a little rich?).

Despite being able to play games at Lansdowne road provided that we had the plastic seats which UEFA were happy to go with just as long as the local (Dublin) Health & Safety authority were okay with it - they always were! but Mr. Rooney kept insisting that UEFA wouldn't allow it - but they did! A UEFA spokesperson also advised that there was never a problem months and months after Rooney said UEFA had a problem. Rooney was threatening to move games to the UK when he didn't have to, the net result is that me, my two kids pay €180 to watch Faroe Islands at Lansdowne now becomes €180 plus 3 return flights plus accommodation - might be okay for Rooney who says he's all about the fans but for me its a clear contradiction bordering on deception.

Regarding the shine the papers say he got 700 not 200 tickets for Brazil!

Yes of course, there has to be revenue in order to develop, but this guy has promised a €1 million prize for winners of EL. The development plan he keeps mentioning will cost an arm and a leg but he does not say where the funds come from and interestingly Packie Bonner who looks after this tried unsuccessfully over the last 9 months to meet rooney to discuss. (probably 'cos there was no funds)

Yes I agree, Fahey's ousting due to inadequate minute taking was appalling. Brendan Dillion on Primetime came across as very capable, in him it looked like the FAI had a good guy yet they cr@pped all over him.

Rooney's predecessors were bad but this guy is worse, I think the FAI were sold a pup and I fear Rooney has brought disgrace on the game and that the FAI is on the brink of bankruptcy because of him. When the dust settles I think we'll learn more truths about Rooney/FAI.

exile
31/10/2004, 7:53 PM
your posting on all the el sites in different guises deano whats your connection to the fai????????????????????????????????????

TheJamaicanP.M.
01/11/2004, 9:29 AM
Fair play Dean02. At last we have someone that can see through this Rooney clown. The whole of the FAI is a joke. Rooney is like the rat-king within it. He has been made a romantic figure by the media. If he really cared about football on this island he wouldnt have allowed ticket prices to rise so much. All this while creaming it off with a fat-cat salary. In my opinion, he has made a number of mistakes since taking charge. He is simply a political hack who is willing to use Lansdowne Road and Ireland internationals as a platform for his political chronies. I will be glad when he goes. He can go on Joe Duffy, Marian Veruca, the Late Late Show or whatever coz I couldnt care less.

onceahoop
01/11/2004, 9:41 AM
The joke Roney told has been told all over the football world with different teams mentioned. In fact most of the posts on the IL forums laughed at it and weren't offended one iota and these are some of the most anti- republican people you could meet.

Seeing as you seem to know so much, perhaps you can answer this. Why do Corcoran and Delaney want their man appointed Financial Controller without the post been advertised? As everyone keeps pointing out, if he's so good he should be a cert at the interview.

Is there a very large skeleton in the cupboard. Old Joe D paid back £100,000. Was that only the tip of the Iceberg. Why are these two Blahs suddenly in the same corner once again. Making mountains out of molehills has become an obsession with them.

As someone who spends his life investigatin things, I smell a very large RAT.

wws
01/11/2004, 9:48 AM

OH MY GAWWWD! RUN FOR THE HILLS MA BAKER - rooney didnt pay his dinner money - we're doomed, doooomed I tells ya!

this is the end of football , the end! :rolleyes: #

Listen u FAI mupwhit, if this is the best your cosy cartel can come up with then f off

rooney for ever!

Bald Student
01/11/2004, 10:14 AM
The two complaints made about Rooney, the match tickets and the dinner bill, have both been explained and in my opinion hold no water.

Rooney didn't get the tickets himself, they were given for free to the opposing team embassey, to politicians and to other VIP's. These tickets are never paid for.

Rooney has paid the dinner bill and what arangements he has for setteling his own finances are no concern of the FAI.

From what I can see Rooney seems to have done a good job. That said I only know whay I read in the papers and if other people on this forum have the opposite view, then I can respect that. If, however, Rooney is going to be fired it should be for a stated serious offence. All I have heard so far is innuendo and half truth.

wws
01/11/2004, 10:22 AM
All I have heard so far is innuendo and half truth.

welcome to the world of merrion square - get delaney and his merry men out now - always lurkin in the shadows, slimey fcks

all those el fans who got tickets under the recent scheme should be ashamed of themselves for not organising some support for the ceo - the criminals are taking over once agian and as usual no- one's doing or saying anything

can someone here please send me the address of the mail list set up for el fans under the ireland tcts scheme

its time to show support for someone whos been shafted

patsh
01/11/2004, 10:36 AM
Dean02....
Delaney the second?
Son of Delaney?
What are you up too, FAIboy?

Aberdonian Stu
01/11/2004, 10:58 AM
Hmm the CEO is largely responsible for bringing Brazil to play Ireland yet we give out about the number of tickets he gets free. Now whether the figure is 200 or 700 (and strangely I'd err on the side of caution and say 200 given our national propensity to exaggerate) there is no doubting that the guy would have expected a hefty payoff because there are few teams who can guarantee a full house for a friendly in Lansdowne so to get one is quite a coup. If we are running the FAI like a business than the incentives had better be good. For comparison look at Erikkson's deal with the FA which is barely reliant on performance yet still worth mega-bucks. Great incentives can lead to great returns. Had it not been for Rooney it could well be that none of us would have seen Brazil play.

*EDIT - Just saw Bald student's explanation of the ticket situation. Amn't going to bother changing that paragraph. Still believe incentives good but agree with everything the folically challenged one says.

The policy of block selling them makes financial sense. It might hit you and me but it means greater income for the FAI to redistribute and thus improve standards at the areas where the money is put (before you mass quote me I'm getting to the problem).

Cronyism, which is inherent in organisations with amateur run organisations (in the sense that they are doing it for something other than money, in this case power) leads to misdirection of the company. If the FAI were a well-run business we would see sensible re-investment.

Bottom-line fire the amateurs.

I'm not saying we should give carte blanche to the CEO but there is a reason why most boards of directors are non-executive (at least the well run ones). The primary role of such a board is to hold the executive branch to account and thus ensure harmony. By removing the power currently held by the amateurs we take away a couple of layers of cronyism and make the FAI more accountable.

There is no quick fix but there are obvious things we need to do. They should involve saying goodbye to messrs Corcoran and Delaney.

LFC in Exile
01/11/2004, 11:58 AM
Some say Rooney did a lot. Some say Rooney didn't do as much as he says he did.

Either way - he's probably done 100 times more in two years than his predecessors did in twenty.

Maybe some of his initiatives don't work out as planned. But its better than the inertia that has dogged the FAI for such a long time.

dean02
01/11/2004, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=wws]OH MY GAWWWD! RUN FOR THE HILLS MA BAKER - rooney didnt pay his dinner money - we're doomed, doooomed I tells ya!

this is the end of football , the end! :rolleyes: #

Listen u FAI mupwhit, if this is the best your cosy cartel can come up with then f off

Because you don't like something I say you resort to insults.... why not have a look at the truth of the matter.

I am not a member of the FAI , nor have I ever worked for them, I have no association with them other than I play football and attend games.

I don't like whats going in the FAI, I don't like Corcoran, i don't like Delaney and I don't like rooney!

wws
01/11/2004, 1:32 PM
yeah i was just using you as a scapegoat for my rage! hehe :D apologies

I still think all the FAI fans groups under the tickets scheme should join up and issue a statement backing Rooney - or thanking him for his work to date - I've no interest in Rooney per se but it is indeed true that there was no recognition at all for the EL or its supporters in Merrion Square before he got the CEO job

anyone interested pm me

observer
01/11/2004, 1:32 PM
Definitely a very officious sound to a lot of the postings here.
I sincerely home that the Sports Council/ government, or whoever, does not let the inquiry into this whole affair be carried out internally by the FAI using a panel of their own picking who already have an agenda.
Lets get it sorted once and for all who is at fault and to what degree! Surely Delaney and Corcoran must stand for scrutiny along with Rooney? :mad:

Aberdonian Stu
01/11/2004, 3:01 PM
Observer, the fact that you are absolutely correct is your assertion that it should not be carried out internally shows how bad a state the FAI is in. It can't trust it's own people to fix it because the very people assigned to rooting out the problem could well be the cause. Bloody shambles.

onceahoop
01/11/2004, 3:09 PM
Observer, the fact that you are absolutely correct is your assertion that it should not be carried out internally shows how bad a state the FAI is in. It can't trust it's own people to fix it because the very people assigned to rooting out the problem could well be the cause. Bloody shambles.

The committee set up to examine Rooney can only be described as a Kangaroo Court.

They are in fact acting Ultra Vires (exceeding their powers). They are complainant the judge and the jury. I expect it'll be laughed out of court.
Delaney and Corcoran out know. They are the common denominators in all the crap that has happened in Merriongate since the infamous Night of the long knives when Daddy Delaney fell on his sword. :mad:

aka Dus
01/11/2004, 11:16 PM
The committee set up to examine Rooney can only be described as a Kangaroo Court.

They are in fact acting Ultra Vires (exceeding their powers). They are complainant the judge and the jury. I expect it'll be laughed out of court.
Delaney and Corcoran out know. They are the common denominators in all the crap that has happened in Merriongate since the infamous Night of the long knives when Daddy Delaney fell on his sword. :mad:

Absolutely. All this sub committee is is lip service to procedure because they'd sack Rooney tomorrow if they could do it anything like legally.

onceahoop
02/11/2004, 9:28 AM
Definitely a very officious sound to a lot of the postings here.
I sincerely home that the Sports Council/ government, or whoever, does not let the inquiry into this whole affair be carried out internally by the FAI using a panel of their own picking who already have an agenda.
Lets get it sorted once and for all who is at fault and to what degree! Surely Delaney and Corcoran must stand for scrutiny along with Rooney? :mad:

Sports Council suspends FAI cash allocation
Tuesday November 2nd 2004

IN the absence of any official response from the FAI to a deadline handed to it last month, the Irish Sports Council (ISC) has suspended €300,000 in funding due to be allocated this year.

The FAI had been given a deadline of last Friday by the ISC to implement the Genesis report although that coincided with the day on which the FAI were attempting to eject their chief executive Fran Rooney.

Despite the fact that several senior FAI figures were in contact with the ISC throughout the weekend, their pleas to apply for mitigation would appear to have fallen on deaf ears, unless there is an 11th-hour reprieve today.

"The deadline has passed and, as there has been no official response from the FAI, the funding earmarked from the ISC for this particular purpose has been suspended," said an ISC spokesman.

The Irish Sports Council are likely to debate the issue at a board meeting this afternoon, although given the manner in which the FAI have opted to proceed with their investigation into Rooney's performance, they are unlikely to budge.

Should the ISC not see any dramatic shift in the FAI's position in the short-term, the funding will be irretrievably forfeited, as the €300,000 figure pertains to this calendar year only. Once it has not been allocated by the ISC, it cannot be carried over to a subsequent year.

Some ISC board members are believed to be dismayed at the fact that the investigation into Rooney's performance is not being independently conducted. Rather, a three-man committee from the FAI's board, two of whom are seen to be compromised on the issue, will perform the investigation.

The ISC was not invited to conduct the investigation by either the FAI's Board or Rooney himself. The latter was still maintaining his silent stance on the matter last night, as he continues to pursue his next options.

That it will be a legal one is predictable enough, as any results put forward by a committee which is perceived to be biased in anyway will be inevitably open to a legal challenge.

The action of the ISC might concentrate a few minds. One of the most disapointing things for me is that at the vote to appoint the three man committee, over 50% of the delegates are reported to have abstained. Have these people been so bullied by Il Presidente and Delaney that there afraid to show their hand. These two Charlatans are running out of road. There action are purely designed to frustrate the CEO and that he might become so frustrated that he'll walk away. Everyone in the country knows this enquiry is a charade including those two Muppets.

The only way we can protest is to stay away from matches and embarass them world wide.

Genesis is out there. Y'all in the FAI voted for it. Yuor behaving like the DUP and the Ulster Unionists looking for renegotiation. Looks like the ISC are saying "NO SURRENDER"

As for those who represent grassroots football on the FAI Council I have this to say to you. It's time to stand up and be counted. Sh1t or get off the pot.