PDA

View Full Version : UCD V'S Longford

Darklordsbane
28/04/2014, 4:29 PM
Can't go to the game does anyone know if it's on the radio/internet, anyone know De Towns starting 11 might be worth a bet if the first choice players play 12/5 with william hill 2/1 with boylesports

Martinho II
28/04/2014, 4:52 PM
Can't go to the game does anyone know if it's on the radio/internet, anyone know De Towns starting 11 might be worth a bet if the first choice players play 12/5 with william hill 2/1 with boylesports

I very much doubt it tbh Darklord. I for one cant go either and am relyin on txts from pals at game!

IrishRossi
28/04/2014, 5:08 PM
surely there will be updates on the liveapp possibly extratime.ie?

Darklordsbane
28/04/2014, 5:11 PM
It says on extratime that the live updates are on it's site but don't know about liveapp

IrishRossi
28/04/2014, 5:15 PM
well at least i might be able to keep up with the match on extratime so

Darklordsbane
28/04/2014, 6:11 PM
Anyone ever used clubapplive.com/ltfc is it just a text service or is there audio?

Longfordian
28/04/2014, 8:52 PM
Nice little confidence and morale boosting win ahead of Friday. Sounds like we played well, and no harm to knock in a few goals too.

outspoken
28/04/2014, 9:22 PM
People think I'm mental when I say this but I'd absolutely love to see us win the LSC. There's 2 non league teams left in it so if we draw one of them in the semis we should have clear passage to a cup final (our first in 7 years) and on cup final day anything can happen, would be a great little boost for the club and the players.

Well done tonight lads. Roll on Friday.

Darklordsbane
28/04/2014, 10:30 PM
Well if your mad I must be insane I total agree with you, except for the clear passage to the final bit, team don't usually get to a semi final unless they are playing well

L.T.F.C.
28/04/2014, 11:01 PM
Played well in the second half. I thought Russell did not play well tonight. But the shining star was Mulhall. What a super performance after he came on. He took the ball and was extremely positive; going forward and tracking back too. Salmo played well too but I don't think he should start on Friday. Shaw was good too, but you could see what the gameplan was within a couple of minutes of KO. The second half we were superb - knocking it around well. Gorman played very well too, broke up lots of play and retained possession and got forward.

All in all a very positive performance and I'm really looking forward to the game on Friday.

wullie
29/04/2014, 5:02 AM
All in all a very positive performance and I'm really looking forward to the game on Friday.[/QUOTE]

how can you be positive about Friday's game when the starting XI will be completely different. The starting line up will be exactly the same as last Saturday against Galway

Darklordsbane
29/04/2014, 5:09 AM
That sounds great, sick I missed it, that sounds like they finally played a bit of football (and beat a premier team even if it's their squad team) I will dream of more of the same for the league

Darklordsbane
29/04/2014, 5:14 AM
We don't know what the line up will be on Friday, but we can guess quite a few of the usual suspects will play, but if Cousins & co send them out to play football, we might see a good match but I would assume after 20 mins it will revert to type

outspoken
29/04/2014, 8:48 AM
Unfortunately I agree with wullie I just have the feeling TC will set us up not to lose in a 442 and it will be dire stuff but let's just wait and see.

Darklordsbane
29/04/2014, 11:16 AM
I read Rice was injured in the warm up and Gorman played instead of him, don't know what to read into that, will Gorman play on Friday now? I was told by a neutral supporter that he was very good last night, the mid field combo of Salmon and Gorman swapping roles was very effective, creative, disstructive, free flowing football in the 2nd half was how it was put to me.
maybe the team responded to the real captain calling the shots!!!!

outspoken
29/04/2014, 1:50 PM
I read Rice was injured in the warm up and Gorman played instead of him, don't know what to read into that, will Gorman play on Friday now? I was told by a neutral supporter that he was very good last night, the mid field combo of Salmon and Gorman swapping roles was very effective, creative, disstructive, free flowing football in the 2nd half was how it was put to me.
maybe the team responded to the real captain calling the shots!!!!

Salmo wont be fit to start on Friday id imagine but should play a role from the bench, TC has to be careful not to rush him back, same with nkololo although he looks very fit right now. Hard to call the team he will select Friday I just hope its not a solid 442 set up not to lose and we play like we supposedly did last night in the 2nd half.

Martinho II
29/04/2014, 4:40 PM
seems like I missed a great game so! This will be our first LSC semi since 1994 when we lost to Dundalk. we have made the LSC final in our history once which was in 1954 when we lost to Shamrock Rovers. I have a copy of that programme from that game which is the first in my LTFC programme collection.

De Town
29/04/2014, 5:53 PM
Didn't know you collected programmes Marty. Do you have many?

ltfc_2004
30/04/2014, 10:01 AM
I thought Jamie Mulhall had a great game and showed well looking for the play and linked well with Shannon. UCD fan beside me could not understand how he was not a regular in every game.

Marty I kept a teamsheet for you and will post down to you.

Martinho II
30/04/2014, 9:54 PM
Didn't know you collected programmes Marty. Do you have many?

nearly 700 longford town programmes.. still have gaps in it but slowly addin to it. those programs came in handy for my piece on the Longford Town jerseys on the LTFC website...

Martinho II
30/04/2014, 9:55 PM
I thought Jamie Mulhall had a great game and showed well looking for the play and linked well with Shannon. UCD fan beside me could not understand how he was not a regular in every game.

Marty I kept a teamsheet for you and will post down to you.

thanks Dinny... Mulhall is a serious player for us....Was there many town fans at it?