PDA

View Full Version : Highlights

$Leon$
29/10/2004, 8:48 AM
Any body got any views on highlights? that is highlights in your hair not da ones da tv3 show of el matches at some ungodly hour on a monday night that only unemployed insomniacs can watch? wondering are they appropriate to have if you work in an office or something or are they only appropriate when your workin on the buildings or the like?

Macy
29/10/2004, 9:11 AM
Any body got any views on highlights? that is highlights in your hair not da ones da tv3 show of el matches at some ungodly hour on a monday night that only unemployed insomniacs can watch? wondering are they appropriate to have if you work in an office or something or are they only appropriate when your workin on the buildings or the like?
Well they look shít, but apart from that I don't think there's anything a company could do if you did get them. No different from people getting a no guard all over...

Plastic Paddy
29/10/2004, 9:11 AM
They are wrong. End of story. Unless you're a girl, that is. ;)

My missus had her hair cut and coloured yestereday and came home with black hair with pink streaks in it. Seriously. And she starts a new job on Monday. What a loon. :D

:D PP

liam88
29/10/2004, 9:51 AM
They are wrong. End of story. Unless you're a girl, that is. ;)

There's only one Jackie Macnamara ;) :D

Maz
29/10/2004, 10:07 AM
They look ok on some fellas, but would prefer natural colour!
Some fellas really over do it, but they are the ones who think they're gorgeous!!!

great for the girlies though, somethin else to spend our money on!

Peadar
29/10/2004, 10:42 AM
What a loon. :D

That goes without saying since she's still with you! :D

Plastic Paddy
29/10/2004, 1:16 PM
great for the girlies though, somethin else to spend our money on!

My one earns twice as much as I do. She can spend it on whatever she likes. ;)

That goes without saying since she's still with you! :D

Now now, save the insults until we meet properly! :)

joeSoap
29/10/2004, 1:41 PM
Can someone put an end to all these gay posts....ye'll be telling me that ye all love Will and Grace next..... :D

Bowsy
29/10/2004, 1:49 PM
Can someone put an end to all these gay posts....ye'll be telling me that ye all love Will and Grace next..... :D

I'd put an end to it but i'm already late for my pilates. :)

Metrostars
29/10/2004, 2:53 PM
Highlights? Are you serious?

They're fine for the girls. And for guys who swing the other way, not that there is anything wrong with that.

liam88
29/10/2004, 2:55 PM
Highlights? Are you serious?

They're fine for the girls. And for guys who swing the other way, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Ol' Mad D*g will be getting some any day now :D :D

TheJamaicanP.M.
29/10/2004, 4:34 PM
Highlights are a great thing. As my mate Dillo would say, one should be prepared to splash the cash when it comes to these things. All I can say $Leon$ is: if you are considering getting highlights or already have them, don't be one bit ashamed. Never mind the peasants and begrudgers who cant afford them. If it is a case that you are geeting highlights remember to go to a top-market salon like Toni n Guy or Peter Marks. Otherwise you could end up looking like a Celtic supporter! :D

the 12 th man
29/10/2004, 4:39 PM
on most guys it looks like a dead badger on their heads :eek: ............so no thanks

ccfcman
29/10/2004, 4:52 PM
Wise tips from the fashion capital of Ireland, Longford.

Dillo
29/10/2004, 6:30 PM
Personally, I believe anything that boosts a lad's appearance and confidence in dealing with wans (i.e girls) is worthwhile and if highlights do this then so be it. And God knows, a lot of us lads need every little helping hand available in this modern age, whether it be highlights, Vo5 Putty, the latest designer jeans or whatever else. There's no doubting, however, that only some lads can pull off the 'highlights' image.
Take for example, since Stephen Pearson's recent move to Celtic, I noticed he attempted getting highlights in his ginger hair...... but lets be fair goys, it just didn't happen for him. God loves a tryer though! :rolleyes: Compare him with his fellow teammate Stillian Petrov and we see there's only one winner in this situation! James Beattie and even our very own Robbie Doyle are other fine examples. As for Dessie Baker though, I really don't know what he's at! :p
The question of whether they 'look gay' or not is not up for debate in my opinion. It is irrelevant. As i've previously said, if they assist you in any way in 'pulling a wan' then it's money well spent. I agree with The Jamaican PM wholeheartedly when he states it is of utmost importance to get the job done with a quality stylist- Peter Mark or Tony and Guy would be my preferences. ;) It is well worth your while. After all, who wants to look like a Celtic supporter from Phibsboro may I ask? :eek:

TheJamaicanP.M.
29/10/2004, 7:12 PM
Well said Dillo. Highlights are very much "in" at the moment. I think some of the older, old-fashioned, and less well-travelled on this site may find it difficult to grasp this concept but highlights are here to stay.

max power
30/10/2004, 5:27 PM
btw for men its called streaks and not highlights ;)

TheJamaicanP.M.
01/11/2004, 8:52 AM
btw for men its called streaks and not highlights ;)

That is true Max. However, judging by some of the pictures in the Longford New over the weekend, highlights don't suit everyone.

max power
01/11/2004, 9:17 AM
oh no, you made me sad :rolleyes: tosser

TheJamaicanP.M.
01/11/2004, 9:31 AM
oh no, you made me sad :rolleyes: tosser

Some comeback Max. I'm sooo offended. :p Face it, they just dont suit you.

max power
01/11/2004, 9:35 AM
the fact that you have nothing better to do than stalk me and comment on my hair shows the sad little life you have....

how bout you stop hiding behind your 125 names and say it to my face. any sad little **** can comment on a message board and you've just proved that.

TheJamaicanP.M.
01/11/2004, 9:36 AM
the fact that you have nothing better to do than stalk me and comment on my hair shows the sad little life you have....

how bout you stop hiding behind your 125 names and say it to my face. any sad little **** can comment on a message board and you've just proved that.

Attack the post Max, not the poster.

max power
01/11/2004, 10:03 AM
say it to my face

$Leon$
01/11/2004, 10:11 AM
relax max.
no one is out to get u your just being parinoid.
we all love you.
come to party in tramco and we can sort out all these disagreements den

Maz
01/11/2004, 10:36 AM
relax max.
no one is out to get u your just being parinoid.
we all love you.
come to party in tramco and we can sort out all these disagreements den

:eek: they know who you are!!

Dillo
01/11/2004, 2:42 PM
Lads, less of the personal jibes please! This is a Longford Town forum and we are all supposed to be LTFC supporters! So let's act like civilised LTFC followers........... if there's sucha thing! :p

Plastic Paddy
01/11/2004, 2:56 PM
Lads, less of the personal jibes please! This is a Longford Town forum and we are all supposed to be LTFC supporters! So let's act like civilised LTFC followers........... if there's sucha thing! :p

Er... um... no. You're in "general" territory here boys. :eek: Is this honestly the best topic that Longford lads can find to argue about? You all need to get out a bit more... :p

Dillo
01/11/2004, 3:18 PM
Apologies Plastic Patrick! Totally forgot we're in the off topic here sure!

green goblin
01/11/2004, 3:26 PM
Highlights.
Never had 'em.
I'm too shy-de-shy, hush hush, eye to eye. :o
As the King of the Hill says,
"The only two words you'll need when getting a haircut: 'The' and 'Usual'".

TheJamaicanP.M.
01/11/2004, 7:54 PM
Highlights.
Never had 'em.
I'm too shy-de-shy, hush hush, eye to eye. :o
As the King of the Hill says,
"The only two words you'll need when getting a haircut: 'The' and 'Usual'".

Green goblin, I think you need to be a bit more adventurous. Highlights or streaks as they are known for men, could help you come out of your shell. You will never know unless you try.

Don Vito
03/11/2004, 5:08 PM
Highlights, when done properly and combined with trendy clothes, help pull birds. Fact. I know they do because my scoring rate always goes up when I have my highlights done. Dillo you should get them done-they'd help you pull that Aisling wan from Trim.

Dillo
03/11/2004, 5:30 PM
Don, I don't need highlights to pull her. I'd get her if I bothered but doubt she'll ever get that lucky. :)

TheJamaicanP.M.
03/11/2004, 5:33 PM
Face it Don. Dillo is destined to marry that Eilleen wan who runs Tramco. You are destined to marry your girlfriend Jen. But I agree that Dillo should get highlights. He doesnt need them but anything that can improve one's appearance should be embraced.

Dillo
03/11/2004, 5:35 PM
Dillo does need them but can neither afford them or pull them off. :o

TheJamaicanP.M.
03/11/2004, 5:39 PM
Dillo does need them but can neither afford them or pull them off. :o

Dillo, you are the Alan Shearer of pulling wans. You can pull tham off. I've seen one fella in particular recently, who just couldnt pull them off. That had more to do with his natural hair colour than anything else. You should go for it though. Money should be no obstacle. Sacrifice a night in Tranco.

GavinZac
03/11/2004, 7:37 PM
paging colm to offtopic, colm....