PDA

View Full Version : If Shels Should Win....(if)

thecorner
29/10/2004, 2:18 AM
IF SHELS WIN THEY WILL BE PRACTICALLY CHAMPIONS

we should stay on after the game and applaud them....show that we arent sore losers and show a bit of sportsmanship

its been along season and those with the most points deserve where are they to be

so no moving after the game
either applaud a marvellous city win or.........

dare i say it..............applaud the ingoing champions

The Sheliban
29/10/2004, 6:07 AM
I like the sentiments, but I don't expect it!

But I agree that whatever team loses, the losing team should take it on the chin and not start ranting against poor refs, fixture congestion, European hangovers, dirty tackles etc etc

I'm just annoyed the season is nearly over. Life was made for nights like tonight.

GavinZac
29/10/2004, 8:12 AM
i understand the points that you're making corner, but:

a) if they play like scum they wont be clapped and
b) they're not going to win.

paudie
29/10/2004, 8:17 AM

we should stay on after the game and applaud them....show that we arent sore losers and show a bit of sportsmanship

its been along season and those with the most points deserve where are they to be

Agree with you completely.

All City fans can do is sing our hearts out for the ninety minutes and applaud both teams after the game, whatever the result.

JackeenRebel
29/10/2004, 8:18 AM
Lads .. there might not be a game yet, it was a bad night in Dublin - If anyone gets confirmation on the game being on or off can you post it right away ..

City 3-1 Shels

Hecko
29/10/2004, 9:14 AM
I try not to be one for the "everyone against us" conspiracies, but you have to laugh when you see the Irish Times headline today:

"Pivotal tie for Shelbourne"

Obviously the sub-editor believes that $hels are playing a very important game against soembody else...

thecorner
29/10/2004, 9:20 AM
Obviously the sub-editor believes that $hels are playing a very important game against soembody else...

well like it or not, that is the way it is

shels are the team to beat

its up to us to change the headlines

Macy
29/10/2004, 9:20 AM
I try not to be one for the "everyone against us" conspiracies, but you have to laugh when you see the Irish Times headline today:

"Pivotal tie for Shelbourne"

To be fair, the league is still Shels to lose...

boc123
29/10/2004, 9:25 AM
The team on top at the end of the season deserves it. It's a long campaign and decisions will even themselves out. If Shels win it, it'll be because they deserve it. I wouldn't have a problem clapping them (or any other team for that matter) if they do it.

Hopefully we won't have to go down that road :D :D

one_bounce
29/10/2004, 9:28 AM

this is exactly what we did last year after they won the league in tolka..
its only right lads... if they are champs tonight they deserve it the same as if we pull it off we will deserve it... and the bohez better clap us as they face another season with no european footie
:D

thecorner
29/10/2004, 9:31 AM
this is exactly what we did last year after they won the league in tolka..

it killed me last year and itll kill me again to do it(hopfully wont have to)

but if we have to,lets prove mr.lennox's programme notes from last week wrong...and show why we ahve the best fans

one_bounce
29/10/2004, 9:43 AM
I'll never applaude Shels. Are ye all going mad or what?

no team has ever won a league that didnt deserve it...the season is too long..
from a rivalry perspective of course i dont want them to win and to see that scumbag chairman of theirs revelling in it would kill ya... but IF they are champs ill applaud them as champs

one_bounce
29/10/2004, 9:45 AM
it killed me last year and itll kill me again to do it(hopfully wont have to)

but if we have to,lets prove mr.lennox's programme notes from last week wrong...and show why we ahve the best fans

exactly.. all of the lads who travelled up to derry spoke of how gracious they were in defeat.. why cant we be the same?

and dont go pointing out the obvious cos we hate shels and derry dont hate us stuff

boc123
29/10/2004, 9:49 AM
exactly.. all of the lads who travelled up to derry spoke of how gracious they were in defeat.. why cant we be the same?

and dont go pointing out the obvious cos we hate shels and derry dont hate us stuff

Agree completely :D

Eric
29/10/2004, 10:58 AM
Whatever about a polite round of applause for the champions, what City fans did last year I thought was bad form.

To go out into the middle of the cheering Shels fans and applaud them from there was like a kick in the teeth for ur own team!!!

Troy.McClure
29/10/2004, 11:18 AM
no team has ever won a league that didnt deserve it...

Im sure Paul Marney and St Pats would disagree with that! :eek:

I wish ye didnt bring up last year, Id totally forgotten about it! Ah the pain :(

Éanna
30/10/2004, 2:53 AM
glad it didn't happen, but no way would i applaud that shower of filth. i'd have n o problem congratulating individual fans, but the club as a whole and what it represents? no way

higgins
30/10/2004, 4:36 AM
what do we represent Eanna ???

Éanna
30/10/2004, 11:29 PM
what do we represent Eanna ???
Ollie Byrne represents the worst kind of interfering bully imaginable, your link-up with Man Utd is as good as selling your soul, and the behaviour of some of the Shels players (e.g. heary pushing the ref at the cross) is downright thuggery. And note I have said that I am speaking about the CLUB, not the fans.

higgins
31/10/2004, 12:40 AM
I'm sure Ollie and the rest of the club would love to be in a position to be able to refuse the 50,000 a year or whatever it was from the deal with Man Utd

Simple fact is that if it were not for deals such as that or the friendlies over the years or all the other deals schemes and begging that he has done..

The current shels team would not be as good and we would not be sitting pretty on top of the league with 4 games to go..
Clubs need to get money and if you want to turn down the offer that man utd gave us then you would be mad....

As well as the money aspect of the deal..

Shels youth setup (which is who benefited most, not man utd) is going from strength to strength..
The under 21's at the moment won their section with 3 games to spare over bohs,,
The training and the money got from that deal far outweighed any moral stance you may like to take.. and its one of the reason (of many ) that shels currently find themselves going to 2 in a row and looking for another Champions League run ...

If you Brian and Pat and the people at Cork can go win leagues without investing in the youths then bring it on and show everyone how it is done

A face
31/10/2004, 1:01 AM
Thats lovely Higgins. But it doesn't change what ye stand for !! :p

And i am winding you .. before you go off one one !! :eek:

A face
31/10/2004, 12:54 PM
should the friendlies get in the way of our league???

Forgot about that .... in all fairness, they were pushin' the boat out that time. Unreal !!

Éanna
31/10/2004, 1:06 PM
I'm sure Ollie and the rest of the club would love to be in a position to be able to refuse the 50,000 a year or whatever it was from the deal with Man Utd

Simple fact is that if it were not for deals such as that or the friendlies over the years or all the other deals schemes and begging that he has done..

The current shels team would not be as good and we would not be sitting pretty on top of the league with 4 games to go..
Clubs need to get money and if you want to turn down the offer that man utd gave us then you would be mad....

As well as the money aspect of the deal..

Shels youth setup (which is who benefited most, not man utd) is going from strength to strength..
The under 21's at the moment won their section with 3 games to spare over bohs,,
The training and the money got from that deal far outweighed any moral stance you may like to take.. and its one of the reason (of many ) that shels currently find themselves going to 2 in a row and looking for another Champions League run ...

If you Brian and Pat and the people at Cork can go win leagues without investing in the youths then bring it on and show everyone how it is done
our U21s have been the best in the country for the last few years without any of that. I think some things are more important than money, but if you think 50,000 is a good price for selling your soul, fair enough. I think its disgusting.