PDA

View Full Version : Mayo Underage Soccer

Pages : [1] 2

Conn hawk
25/04/2014, 12:05 PM
Just a thread to discuss all the aspects of underage soccer in mayo, what teams have carried on in external cups from last year, what clubs are doing alot of work behind the scenes to improve their set ups and are clubs win at all costs stunting the growth of players in the county.....

pinkpowerranger
25/04/2014, 1:17 PM
any tapping up!

swinfordfc
25/04/2014, 1:43 PM
any tapping up!

Oh that was a low blow ...... ;)

Round Tower
25/04/2014, 5:01 PM
any tapping up!

ah there is no clubs at that is there?

Conn hawk
25/04/2014, 9:01 PM
any tapping up! stick to the football lads.... Nice to see a few mayo teams getting to Connaught cup finals next weekend... Knock u12 Celtic u14 Westport u16 claremorris u18

Ranger
25/04/2014, 11:38 PM
stick to the football lads.... Nice to see a few mayo teams getting to Connaught cup finals next weekend... Knock u12 Celtic u14 Westport u16 claremorris u18

Cannot say I know of any 'tapped up' players in any of those teams.

Round Tower
26/04/2014, 10:18 AM
Most Mayo League managers are more interested in getting there own club players rather than getting the best players in Mayo, last year we had a young lad he had scored up on 50 goals at U15 level, the Kennedy management was told to have a look at him, never got a look in. He played for Connaught before he played for Mayo.
The situation with the age should be looked at where young fellas at 14 has too play at U15, we got the Mayo youths to admit they had not too change the year you have to be too play at that level The Mayo girls has returned to the old system. We as a club had a motion at a AGM a number of years ago, no one supported the motion but a number of clubs admitted to us afterwards that we were right.

swinfordfc
26/04/2014, 10:22 AM
stick to the football lads.... Nice to see a few mayo teams getting to Connaught cup finals next weekend... Knock u12 Celtic u14 Westport u16 claremorris u18

Dont forget the shield finals - celtic under 16 and your own under 18's!

Conn hawk
29/04/2014, 9:39 AM
Awful interesting how its mayo Galway in all the cup finals and 2 shield finals, are Sligo, Roscommon, Leitrim, athlone league behind by much? Round tower, the thoughts of a lad been on the Connaught team but not not on mayo team confuses me...

minivan man
04/05/2014, 10:56 PM
Great win for claremorris U18s beating salthill Devon on pens in the connacht cup final today. Hopefully these lads can step up to junior level now

swinfordfc
05/05/2014, 11:09 AM
Yes great win for Claremorris Under 18 - fair play and it can be only good for the junior team for this year and next - they need to be brought inside the junior panel straight away or they will be loss from the sport.

Also well done to Celtic Under 16's who won the shield.

pinero
07/05/2014, 9:43 PM
Been at two youths and schoolboys finals in milebush in last couple weeks, referee BB decisions have been major turning points in games,less seen of referee in a game the better, could do with learning this,feel sorry for the young fellas

Round Tower
07/05/2014, 10:56 PM
Been at two youths and schoolboys finals in milebush in last couple weeks, referee BB decisions have been major turning points in games,less seen of referee in a game the better, could do with learning this,feel sorry for the young fellas

I believe this ref. is part of the FAI referee's school of excelance, the same school that D. Mc G. did,. He was very fussy when he came out first but has changed to a very good ref. In the game against Swinford we had another one from this school, JM, very fussy, spoke to practicaly every player on the pitch, give these referee's a chance. Agree with you about the referee should be seen and not heard.

The Don
19/05/2014, 8:40 AM
Has anyone else had problems with this. We have had players poached again from being sent to Mayo youths academies, it seems some clubs find it perfectly all right and ethical to approach any player who is in these academies. It seems to follow similar lines talk to the parents, tell them how their Johnny is better then where he's at, how he could play at a higher level and they can provide that. Manulla in particular seem to be very active at this. Anyone else have problems.

Round Tower
19/05/2014, 10:20 AM
Has anyone else had problems with this. We have had players poached again from being sent to Mayo youths academies, it seems some clubs find it perfectly all right and ethical to approach any player who is in these academies. It seems to follow similar lines talk to the parents, tell them how their Johnny is better then where he's at, how he could play at a higher level and they can provide that. Manulla in particular seem to be very active at this. Anyone else have problems.

Yes we have had that problem for years, we lost 2 very young players to Ballina town in the last couple of years. When we don't send players we were asked why not, we told them that this was the problem, they denied this practice was going on. Conn Rangers is another club at it, we have evidence that they tried to take a player who played last year for Mayo, also tried to get 2 other underage players to sign for them. There is a member on here who will be very wary of redheads.

Conn hawk
19/05/2014, 12:09 PM
Yes we have had that problem for years, we lost 2 very young players to Ballina town in the last couple of years. When we don't send players we were asked why not, we told them that this was the problem, they denied this practice was going on. Conn Rangers is another club at it, we have evidence that they tried to take a player who played last year for Mayo, also tried to get 2 other underage players to sign for them. There is a member on here who will be very wary of redheads.
Well ye tryed to sign 3 of our fringe senior players so will we call it quits roundtower :D

Round Tower
19/05/2014, 1:33 PM
Well ye tryed to sign 3 of our fringe senior players so will we call it quits roundtower :D

We never did, have you proof. have your club not been trying to sign one of our regulers for the last couple of years.

pinkpowerranger
19/05/2014, 2:12 PM
i'm confused whats wrong with approaching players to play for ya, if they want to go whats the problem, its a free world

Round Tower
19/05/2014, 4:31 PM
i'm confused whats wrong with approaching players to play for ya, if they want to go whats the problem, its a free world

At junior level most people would agree with u but not at school boys-girls level and not a league underage coach.

pinkpowerranger
19/05/2014, 5:24 PM
at any level they should be playing where there abilty is not handicaped by where they are born

Conn hawk
19/05/2014, 5:36 PM
Lads have left us to go to ballina and lads have left ballina to join conn rangers but if the lad is going to join or leave to challenge for honours as much as he's betraying the club ya can't really say much....well that's what I'm telling myself to get over our current loss anyways :D

Maximus
20/05/2014, 7:59 AM

You have contradicted yourself there. It’s no problem if they want to go – you’re right. Its approaching players at underage level that’s the problem. That’s two separate issues. Youth football is about fun (with their friends and teammates) and also development. Kids have enough pressures these days. Just leave them be and don’t be greedy. Focus on bringing local players up to scratch. That’s what it’s all about really – isn’t it???

At junior level belt away. :soldier:

The Don
20/05/2014, 8:38 AM
at any level they should be playing where there abilty is not handicaped by where they are born

You have seriously missed the point there, players are entitled to play wherever they want. But other clubs are not entitled to ring kids parents promising the sun moon and stars and deriding their present club to get a player. We will be reporting two clubs this week for this, not that anything will come from it.

pinkpowerranger
20/05/2014, 8:52 AM
don't think that there's a contradiction in that statement just your interpretation of it, i dont think there is a problem approching players to play for ya, thing a player should be playing at the highest level he can at any age for the betterment of his ability, just my opinion which could be wrong i'm not involved in underage soccer

Round Tower
20/05/2014, 11:57 AM
don't think that there's a contradiction in that statement just your interpretation of it, i dont think there is a problem approching players to play for ya, thing a player should be playing at the highest level he can at any age for the betterment of his ability, just my opinion which could be wrong i'm not involved in underage soccer

The3 thing is the club who is trying to lure the player might think here in Mayo they are better than they are really.

The Don
20/05/2014, 1:21 PM

Who defines the clubs best equipped to provide the "highest level he can at any age for the betterment of his ability". Are Manulla better equipped than Partry ?.

Round Tower
20/05/2014, 1:23 PM
Another problem which was highlited by a parent by a father of a lad who a club tried t get him to move, a member of this club is manages the ML team which he should be playing this year, will this manager discriminate against him for not signing for his club.

Maximus
20/05/2014, 1:53 PM
Absolutely agree with The Don on his last post.

"a player should be playing at the highest level he can at any age for the betterment of his ability"

What does the highest level mean? Does it mean that they are higher up in the leagues or does it mean that there is more qualified coaches and better youth structures in place? Youth football is about learning and developing and not winning. Just my opinion and I'm not involved with underage 'soccer'.

Conn hawk
20/05/2014, 3:36 PM
Just a simple question how many clubs in mayo have coaches with youth cert and Uefa B license? So many people on dis want to get their message across that lads got asked to leave their clubs.... Look at salthill and mervue they have all the Galway players signed up by u14 the likes a barna tuam renmore are getting battered so we are getting off lucky in my opinion that it isn't a huge thing in mayo.... If the u17 eircom league comes Sligo and Galway could take any amount of lads off our clubs...

Round Tower
20/05/2014, 4:38 PM
Just a simple question how many clubs in mayo have coaches with youth cert and Uefa B license? So many people on dis want to get their message across that lads got asked to leave their clubs.... Look at salthill and mervue they have all the Galway players signed up by u14 the likes a barna tuam renmore are getting battered so we are getting off lucky in my opinion that it isn't a huge thing in mayo.... If the u17 eircom league comes Sligo and Galway could take any amount of lads off our clubs...

I would think most clubs would have coaches with youth certificates, if they are the ones the Mayo league provide at regular times. As for UEFA B license we have 2 coaches. Well is galway underage soccer any better than youth soccer in Mayo, we have had numerous national titles and what was the breakdown of the underage titles at Connacht level a couple of weeks ago.

rava
20/05/2014, 7:47 PM

Do I take it so all Conn Rangers youths are up for grabs!!!!!. Devon and Mervue have the pick off Galway City so they are always going to be stronger then the others and I would think no club would begrudge losing players to teams in the U 17 Eircom league. From what I am reading I think they are ****ed to be losing players to clubs of similar size and stature in the Mayo league ie being poached after coaching these players for years.

Conn hawk
20/05/2014, 9:15 PM
Do I take it so all Conn Rangers youths are up for grabs!!!!!. Devon and Mervue have the pick off Galway City so they are always going to be stronger then the others and I would think no club would begrudge losing players to teams in the U 17 Eircom league. From what I am reading I think they are ****ed to be losing players to clubs of similar size and stature in the Mayo league ie being poached after coaching these players for years.
With some of the results we've got lately maybe Rava maybe :)

purplemonkeydis
20/05/2014, 10:46 PM
what killala junior player did connrangers try to sign, its hardly the 1 who played astro with them for an entire winter, hardly the club forcing him if that's who your talking about, how about we agree whoever wins on sunday gets to take 5 players off the other club from any age group, seems fair

Round Tower
20/05/2014, 11:19 PM
what killala junior player did connrangers try to sign, its hardly the 1 who played astro with them for an entire winter, hardly the club forcing him if that's who your talking about, how about we agree whoever wins on sunday gets to take 5 players off the other club from any age group, seems fair

Would have to get the club agreement but most of the club members has other things on there mind this week so I would not be able too agree to that. I don't know who you have been playing on the astro-turf during the winter. There was allegation on here that we have tried too sign a couple of players from your junior ranks, who are they. All I know for sure your club tried to sign a U15 player and 2 u13's players. One of the lads stag party is on this weekend so I don't know what condition they will be in.

Conn hawk
20/05/2014, 11:54 PM
Roundtower go to bed for yourself and weel see you Sunday, I heard ye have half of Kilmurry playing u15 for ye so much so that they miten have an u16 team so Goodnight :D

pinkpowerranger
21/05/2014, 8:36 AM

also throw in there pitch!! i admit defeat on this topic, im out of my depth

Round Tower
30/05/2014, 3:13 PM
Roundtower go to bed for yourself and weel see you Sunday, I heard ye have half of Kilmurry playing u15 for ye so much so that they miten have an u16 team so Goodnight :D

Sorry about the delay but a younger brother of our treasurer's died suddenly last week. Maybe if u bother too check Killmurray has no boys team entered in the Mayo youths this year, so we gave them a outlet for any one of the lads who want too play soccer with the understanding that if Killmurray wants them back we wont stand in there way. It would suit you better to improve your playing surface of your pitch

Round Tower
16/09/2014, 4:22 PM
The under age soccer is coming to the end of the season, this is a subject we as a club has been trying to change since they brought in a couple of years ago with no luck. The dates where a person has to be before they play at a certain age, the exact date you have to be born before a boy plays say under U15 say this year, a lad was 15 last Sunday, he was too old to play in the U15 league this season but if he was a girl he would have been able to play this year. How could the Mayo boys and girls youth association change the rules for the girls and not for the boys. They brought in the age changes saying that for Mayo clubs to play in the FAI youth cup games they had to make the changes, after a lot of pressure from our club the Mayo youths eventualy concede the did not have to change. A number of clubs has said after meetings that we were right but did not support us at the meetings. So you could have players of 12 years who are too old for U12 and have too play at U14 level. Si would ask the people on here if they agree with my clubs views go back to your clubs and get them too support us at meetings and not just be afraid ti stand up to the Mayo youths.
Another point how do they expect small clubs to field 3 teams for Connaught and FAI school boys cup matches. Last Saturday our U18's had a league game in Killala at 12 noon, our U16's hada Conn. Cup game at 2 pm and our U14's had a game at 2pm in Conn Rangers, why can't they have say U12's and U16's games on 1 weekend and U14's and U18's games on a separate weekend.

Round Tower
16/09/2014, 10:34 PM
Why do they arrange the FAI and Connaught school cup matches for the three and sometimes four age groups the same day, which is very hard for small clubs like us. Take last Sat., our U18's was at home at 12 noon in the league, our U16's was at home in the Connaught cup at 2pm, our U14's was playing Conn Rangers away in the Conn. cup at 2pm and our juniors was away to Westport Utd B in the league at 5.30. We just about played all 4 matches but if we had not all them matches too play we could have done better. Why not play U12's and U16's one Saterday and U14's and U18's on a different day.

Conn hawk
17/09/2014, 12:06 PM
Why do they arrange the FAI and Connaught school cup matches for the three and sometimes four age groups the same day, which is very hard for small clubs like us. Take last Sat., our U18's was at home at 12 noon in the league, our U16's was at home in the Connaught cup at 2pm, our U14's was playing Conn Rangers away in the Conn. cup at 2pm and our juniors was away to Westport Utd B in the league at 5.30. We just about played all 4 matches but if we had not all them matches too play we could have done better. Why not play U12's and U16's one Saterday and U14's and U18's on a different day.

It can be complicated if managers manage one or more teams within a club, but it's hard for them too because they've so many fixtures to play and just have Saturday and Sunday this time of year

swinfordfc
17/09/2014, 1:05 PM
This system is working fine - all boys competition are now the same age groups across Europe and so are the girls, hence that why they are the way they are!

Round Tower
17/09/2014, 2:20 PM
[QUOTE=swinfordfc;1779286]This system is working fine - all boys competition are now the same age groups across Europe and so are the girls, hence that why they are the way they are![/QUOte}

Girls are not, the age girls have gone back to where they were, how is it right that lads who are 12 have too play U14, boys at that age should be playing at U12 level, on small size pitches and small goals. The Mayo youths have admitted that they did not have to change the age levels. How is it good that the Mayo youths are running leagues at different age limits for boys and girls, how does what happens in Europe affect what happens here in Mayo.

Round Tower
17/09/2014, 2:28 PM
It can be complicated if managers manage one or more teams within a club, but it's hard for them too because they've so many fixtures to play and just have Saturday and Sunday this time of year

Why is it hard for them put fixtures on alternative Sat., most of the leagues other than the U18's are nearly finished. It is tough for small clubs with a small pool base for players, competing for the same pool of players as the GAA.

Round Tower
13/01/2015, 4:48 PM
Last Sunday, the 2014 Girls U14 cup final was played in awful conditions in Killala between Killala FC and Castlebar Celtic, why it was not played before this, no one knows, the semi-final was played a month or 2 ago. Celtic won the game 0-5, the thing is practically all the team was not from Castlebar, they were from Kilmore, Newport, Swinford, Claremorris. It contained 8 players of the Mayo U14's development squad. We had 1 girl from Ballina all the rest was from the Killala hinterland.

The Don
14/01/2015, 3:45 PM
You should see the make up of Manulla's underage teams. They are constantly after players from other clubs.

swinfordfc
15/01/2015, 12:33 PM
Its the norm now - until something is done about it - they will be only 4 clubs in the county cause the other clubs wont bother ..... and could you blame them?

Round Tower
11/07/2015, 12:34 PM
Did anyone read the Connacht Telegraph this week, i have heard that there is a article in the CT about clubs poaching players from other clubs, i check the CT online but its not on it. CR i have been told has poached a very good player from us who was part of the Mayo Kennedy cup squad this year. I have been told that it quotes someone from Ballina town complaining about it, well they poached 2 players from us in the last couple of years. Someone talked about Manulla, they could not field a team at U17 level this year.

Conn hawk
11/07/2015, 4:47 PM
Round tower talk to Pete that went back to America, before making allegations and take everything to do with ballina town with a pinch of salt.... D O B signed for them and plays with their seniors that was from Killala and their top u16 player is from Killala too, they have lads from foxford, bonniconlon, Attymas, Crossmolina aswel

Round Tower
13/07/2015, 12:43 AM
Round tower talk to Pete that went back to America, before making allegations and take everything to do with ballina town with a pinch of salt.... D O B signed for them and plays with their seniors that was from Killala and their top u16 player is from Killala too, they have lads from foxford, bonniconlon, Attymas, Crossmolina aswel

You are referring to last season when at the start of the season Kilmurray had no team at a certain age group, them players played with Killala and when in the second half when it went to even ages, kilmurray had a team they went back and played with them in the second half of the season.
Do CR have not players from outside Knockmore, you are some one to talk about BT, what i hear you are very wary of redheads, you tried to get one of our best young players to sign for CR, this player played for Connacht before he played for Mayo at youth level. as well as 2 the 2 Killala players who played on Mayo Kennedy's cup squad. The 2 players that you refer that played for Killala and now for BT, they were advised by their coaches at Mayo level to move to a bigger club and the had a better chance with Mayo. The U16 lad is supposed to want to come back to Killala but the family are against it, actualy he is from lacken and has a couple of sisters playing with Towns ladies team.

The Don
13/07/2015, 1:08 PM
Did anyone read the Connacht Telegraph this week, i have heard that there is a article in the CT about clubs poaching players from other clubs, i check the CT online but its not on it. CR i have been told has poached a very good player from us who was part of the Mayo Kennedy cup squad this year. I have been told that it quotes someone from Ballina town complaining about it, well they poached 2 players from us in the last couple of years. Someone talked about Manulla, they could not field a team at U17 level this year.

The Kennedy cup set up seems a prime target for so called bigger clubs to poach players from. What really annoys me the most about it is that the Mayo coaching staff encourage players to make these moves. Makes you think twice about sending players into these trials.