PDA

View Full Version : Pats tomorrow

De Town
28/10/2004, 9:47 PM
Many heading up? I'd say there should be a fairly good crowd after last week's victory. Any chance of it being called off(max)? Be a sickner if it was, really looking forward to it and the town will win 2-1!

Maz
29/10/2004, 12:41 PM
any word if this game is going ahead?

wws
29/10/2004, 12:58 PM
we'll hammer ya

game on - pitch passed inspection at 1pm

Dillo
29/10/2004, 9:13 PM
Couldn't make it due to work commitments. How did we play anyway? Least we've two trophies in the bag this year which is a damn sight more than most! Scumlone beaten at home 4-1 by nine man Dundalk tonight! :D
The title is heading for Tolka anyway, I don't like them but it's better there than in L@ngerland! :rolleyes:

Maz
30/10/2004, 7:48 AM
we didnt play well at all really.......Some terrible individual performances by those who really shone last week in the cup final! Thought Vinny had a good game, he worked extremely hard throughout the game! Dont know how Eric missed that shot in the 2nd half...... :confused:
good crowd from the town but not much noise made at al!
Overall poor, very poor!

the 12 th man
30/10/2004, 4:02 PM
we didnt play well at all really.......Some terrible individual performances by those who really shone last week in the cup final! Thought Vinny had a good game, he worked extremely hard throughout the game! Dont know how Eric missed that shot in the 2nd half...... :confused:
good crowd from the town but not much noise made at al!
Overall poor, very poor!

agree with all the above maz,
we never really got a grip on the game in the periods when we were on top which was foir a good while in both halfs.

to be honest it was a typical "end of season" type game with neither side really up for it.

it could have went either way :D

Flea
31/10/2004, 1:22 PM
we never really got a grip on the game but at least Paul Keegan showed again how good he is...hope that he is kept on for another season and given a good run

max power
31/10/2004, 1:32 PM
we never really got a grip on the game but at least Paul Keegan showed again how good he is...hope that he is kept on for another season and given a good run

as stated before, paul has another year left on his contract.

De Town
31/10/2004, 3:07 PM
Fairly poor match. I didn't think we deserved to lose. Pats showed just as much as we did. Draw would have been fairer.

Player Ratings:

Digger: 7 - Didnt have much to do
Dillo: 7 - Solid
Baz: 7 - Went in heavy on Doyle which he should have been booked for. Solid
Paiso: 7 - Solid
Garto: 6 - A bit dodgy but did ok
Kirbs: 7 - Needed to be in the middle of the field
Pip: 4 - Terrible
Vinny: 9 - MOTM - I don't rate him as a footballer but he worked his balls off and did Pip's job aswell
Prunty: 7 - Didn't get much of the ball
Eric: 6 - Missed a 1on1. Won more flick ons than Keegan
Keego: 4 - No good. Yes he scored the winner in the Cup Final but he is no good

Longfordian
31/10/2004, 3:14 PM
Radically disagree on Vinny and Keego..Vinny started off well but was pure muck in the second half, gave the ball away a lot not to mention his wild shot from 35 yards on the voley..Keegan put himself about well and created opportunities for others such as Prunty and Barrett..Vinny 5.5, Keego 7 apart from that my ratings would be more or less the same.. didnt think Pip was that bad either 6/10 maybe

max power
31/10/2004, 3:22 PM
sorry but vinny was my man of the match also, i know i am baised but he honestly played very well.....

eric get .5, that miss...he bottled it and pip passed well and got in tackles as well

footballplease
01/11/2004, 9:23 AM
pip 4/10????
What planet do you come from? Probably the only player on the pitch who passed the ball well consistently!! :rolleyes:

wws
01/11/2004, 9:41 AM
easy win for us, 1-0, in truth it could have been 12. definitely proof that we're back to our best

the 12 th man
01/11/2004, 9:49 AM
easy win for us, 1-0, in truth it could have been 12. definitely proof that we're back to our best

:D :D :rolleyes: