PDA

View Full Version : Fermoy flooded?

patsh
28/10/2004, 5:19 PM
According to the News tonight, Fermoy was flooded at lunch time today.

It's likely that it will happen again tomorrow, and there is a possibility that the Cork - Dublin road will be closed.
How much longer will it take to get to Dublin if we have to take diversions, anyone know?
Tipperary - Bad flooding on the N8 three miles on the Dublin side of Cashel at Ballyshehan Stud (http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/traffic/story.asp?id=58875)

This could hold us up badly.....

Pablo
28/10/2004, 5:23 PM
According to the News tonight, Fermoy was flooded at lunch time today.

It's likely that it will happen again tomorrow, and there is a possibility that the Cork - Dublin road will be closed.
How much longer will it take to get to Dublin if we have to take diversions, anyone know?

seems the road may be closed at fermoy according to 96fm........

yan
28/10/2004, 5:45 PM
the road wasnt closed at 1.00 today when i passed through and it didnt look like being closed at that stage,no sign of flooding at that time!

Éanna
28/10/2004, 5:56 PM
just heard its open at the moment, but they expect it to be closed again after about 8 tonight. looks like its the overnight rain thats doing the damage, so hopefully it'll be ok by lunchtime tomoro again.

Pablo
28/10/2004, 6:34 PM
just heard its open at the moment, but they expect it to be closed again after about 8 tonight. looks like its the overnight rain thats doing the damage, so hopefully it'll be ok by lunchtime tomoro again.

damn weather, time to pray lads!

ian
28/10/2004, 6:40 PM
Lads relax it will be all wright on the day came down a small bit you are leaving this game get to you too much. As I say just go and have a few beers r somthing and chill.

adamd164
28/10/2004, 6:50 PM
[hands twitching nervously] I agree with ian! [/hands twitching nervously]

A face
28/10/2004, 8:15 PM
www.aaroadwatch.ie (http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/traffic/county.asp?aid=6)

A face
28/10/2004, 8:46 PM
Does anyone know of a good route (for buses) that wont be affected by flooding ?? Can you pass this on to the drivers Ian, if anything good comes of it ??

Eric
28/10/2004, 9:07 PM
The river is high in Fermoy at the moment but the bridge is still open. It'll possibly be closed aroun midnight tonight because that's when the flooding is meant to peak. There'll be no problem for traffic coming through around lunchtime tomorrow

patsh
29/10/2004, 9:53 AM
Any info on flooding could go on this thread......

thecorner
29/10/2004, 9:59 AM
panic over

just texted eric

the bridge in fermoy is perfect and will not be closed

ginger_healy
29/10/2004, 10:00 AM
Road is open but it's down to one lane through Fermoy. Should be OK. Come on CITY!

Ricky
29/10/2004, 11:06 AM
Lads , my spys here still recommend Mallow / Mitchelstown route to avoid inevitable delays in Fermoy.
That's the way I'm going to go anyway!
See you in Donegal.