PDA

View Full Version : What day do you prefer ?

Roo69
28/10/2004, 1:08 PM
Can we make this a poll please ?

Do you prefer your team to play on

1. Friday Nights
2. Saturday Nights
3. Sunday Afternoons

Macy
28/10/2004, 1:52 PM
Saturday Afternoon as an option too please.

max power
28/10/2004, 2:08 PM
so many people now work sat that i don't think it would be a good option for us.

joeSoap
28/10/2004, 2:12 PM
I used to love the old tradition of sunday afternoon games, and thats when I'd like to see our games played....however, Friday under lights is also a good time....just finished work, few bevvies....

Martinho II
28/10/2004, 2:22 PM
always love playing the friday nites personally!

Slash/ED
28/10/2004, 2:27 PM
If it wasn't for the premiership, saturday at 3 would be ideal. Friday is probably the next best thing though, even if it restricts away fans somewhat.

Wiseguy
28/10/2004, 2:29 PM
I think saturday nights are better as it is easier to make it to a match home or away without having to take time off work especially for the trip to Cork or Waterford but to be honest i'm not to bothered.Which ever night brings out the biggest crowd would suit me best.

Flea
28/10/2004, 2:38 PM
I think saturday nights are better as it is easier to make it to a match home or away without having to take time off work especially for the trip to Cork or Waterford but to be honest i'm not to bothered.Which ever night brings out the biggest crowd would suit me best.

Saturday nights would be better for town fans going to away matches who are coming from Longford

Macy
28/10/2004, 3:01 PM
Preferably Saturday 3pm for me. I don't buy the people working Saturday arguement and people will always have an excuse. No matter where the game was in the country, it'd be easily doable there and back in a day, with traffic not being as bad as on a Sunday.

After that, Sunday afternoon 3pm for much the same reasons as above, although I reckon more people would not bother when it clashed with the top premiership games, the bogball and stickfighting, than would be lost to people working on a Saturday afternoon. Plus the traffic coming home would be bad.

Next would be Friday nights (once the new motorway to Mullingar is opened).

It's not to say I don't like Saturday nights in Flancare (they can be great), but it doesn't half eat into the weekend if you have to travel to get down to games.

max power
28/10/2004, 3:06 PM
i do buy the sat working thing. but as macy says with the new motorway i'd like friday night games and a few pints in the new bar when its opened. plus its easier for me to get off fri night than sat.

Seagull's Nest
28/10/2004, 3:25 PM
Friday nights are the best for games under the lights....

NY Hoop
28/10/2004, 4:36 PM
IMO all games should be saturday nights or sunday afternoons. Friday nights should be only for derbies. No fans should be expected to travel distances on a friday. Football is a weekend game.

For example Finn Harps away next season is gonna be a great trip because it's on a saturday night. Likewise Derry until they changed it...........

KOH

Carlin
28/10/2004, 5:16 PM
IMO all games should be saturday nights or sunday afternoons. Friday nights should be only for derbies. No fans should be expected to travel distances on a friday. Football is a weekend game.

Can't believe I'm agreeing (kinda) with a hoop :eek: . Dublin derbies on Friday nights and the rest of the games on Saturday afternoons or evenings.

Best two trips this year have been Derry & Longford. No coincidence that they've both been on Saturdays.

Dazzy
28/10/2004, 8:46 PM
Prefer Saturdays myself, just too much of a handling on a friday to get to away games.

Éanna
28/10/2004, 9:00 PM
I love night time games myself, but I also like saturday afternoons.I think I'm with NY hoop on this one

pineapple stu
28/10/2004, 9:47 PM
Went for Friday evenings as it's what day I'd prefer my team to play, but for away games, Saturday evenings are the best. If that makes sense!

De Town
28/10/2004, 9:51 PM
I love a home match on a Saturday night under lights(this time of year) but I like heading up to Dubland for a Friday night game.

Never really get to Cork (fri), Derry(thurs/sat), Waterford(fri) so thats why I only mentioned Dubland in the above.

Maz
29/10/2004, 12:11 PM
i prefer the saturday nights and i buy the whole working on a saturday because i work every saturday and sunday!

Breifne
31/10/2004, 12:39 AM
For example Finn Harps away next season is gonna be a great trip because it's on a saturday night.

FInn Harps just got promoted, so you might not actually get a chance to play them next season. Watch this space!!!

Roo69
02/11/2004, 3:56 PM
Friday nights winning at present, just much prefer footie under floodlights myself.