Finn Harps v Wexford Youths
Cobh Ramblers v Waterford United
Shamrock Rovers B v Longford Town

desaintsno.12
09/04/2014, 11:58 AM
great series of games in the Premier

nigel-harps1954
09/04/2014, 11:58 AM
Couple of relatively big First Division games this weekend too. The only one that can really only be expected to go one way is Shamrock Rovers v Longford, but saying that, Rovers have a few ex-Longford players in their squad that'll be out to prove a point.

Hard to really predict what way the weekend will go.

Pablo Escobar
09/04/2014, 12:10 PM
It's a big one for us anyway. I feel that Sligo probably haven't got the points on the board that they've deserved due to not taking their chances, and generally not having enough goals in the team. We've been much more economical, however, but when you look at them team sheets it'll be hard to pick a winner. Moment of truth, indeed.

avvenalaf
09/04/2014, 1:31 PM
Feel Cork/Rovers will be one nil to Cork or scoreless draw. We're dead sound at the back but just can't get it over the liune at the other end.

Yossarian
09/04/2014, 1:32 PM
Roddy will be under serious pressure if Derry don't beat Athlone. Hopefully we'll keep our good run of form going before Rovers visit twice next week.

WoodquayBoy
09/04/2014, 2:49 PM

You're not doing to shabby on the old predictions front!

outspoken
09/04/2014, 4:29 PM
Couple of relatively big First Division games this weekend too. The only one that can really only be expected to go one way is Shamrock Rovers v Longford, but saying that, Rovers have a few ex-Longford players in their squad that'll be out to prove a point.

Be far from one sided considering rovers have 3 senior players to call on, they are a very different side playing on Sundays as their recent draw with Shels showed. Saying that 1 or 2 decent players shouldn't be able to derail a squad of good players so I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't win this one.

nigel-harps1954
09/04/2014, 5:52 PM
Be far from one sided considering rovers have 3 senior players to call on, they are a very different side playing on Sundays as their recent draw with Shels showed. Saying that 1 or 2 decent players shouldn't be able to derail a squad of good players so I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't win this one.

They played against Harps on a Sunday and didn't call on any senior players.

Longfordian
09/04/2014, 7:37 PM

They love Harps though. It'll be an interesting one, we have about six ex Rovers players in our squad.

sligoman
09/04/2014, 10:36 PM
Cork will have no problems against us.

WoodquayBoy
10/04/2014, 7:16 AM
we have about six ex Rovers players in our squad.
Shamrock Rovers C

eL Bettor
11/04/2014, 11:22 AM

But they had a Setanta match the following day as far as I remember?

Longfordian
11/04/2014, 12:16 PM
Shamrock Rovers C

In the same way that Galway are Mervue B ;)

Pablo Escobar
11/04/2014, 1:05 PM
Cork will have no problems against us.

Nice try. :D

Joking aside, I feel this will be our toughest game so far.

kksaints
11/04/2014, 8:37 PM
I like extratime.ie but it always crashes with around 5 mins to go.

Good win for us tonight.

CraftyToePoke
11/04/2014, 8:41 PM
Same as, every week.
Bohs / Lims anyone ?

oriel
11/04/2014, 8:42 PM
Yep same here re extra time, so Pats won then !!

oriel
11/04/2014, 8:42 PM
Same as, every week.
Bohs / Lims anyone ?

Limerick 1-0. FT

oriel
11/04/2014, 8:43 PM
And Sligo just scored, could it get any better for us?

oriel
11/04/2014, 8:45 PM
1-1 Cork, some finish to this game now as its behind time with that injury. Peno

FT Now

Dundalk 2 points clear with a game more played. Hoban back to form with 2 goals tonight, good to see.

Cork only unbeaten side now as Drogs lost 2-0 to Bray.

sligoman
11/04/2014, 8:46 PM
Cork must be cat...

Dundalk top of the league too, it's a mad season so far.

Nesta99
11/04/2014, 9:05 PM
This 'None' player on RTE.ie scored 86th minute for Dundalk and then nipped down to Turners Cross to smash a peno in 88th minute for Cork what a player!

patrickccfc
11/04/2014, 9:17 PM
Happy with that point tonight was a close enough game great chances at either end. Dennehy ruled out and buckley going off early wasn't good for us along with healy out you could notice the difference in us.. thanks must go to kalen spillane giving his old club a hand

dong
11/04/2014, 9:17 PM
Cork must be cat...

Have to say I didn't expect us to come away with anything from Turners Cross.

Pablo Escobar
11/04/2014, 9:30 PM
Have to say I didn't expect us to come away with anything from Turners Cross.
We were so unlucky with injuries. It's killing us. Buckley is our engine and losing him after a few minutes knocked the stuffing out of us. Also, it was a clear penalty which was an added kick in the teeth.

Acer
11/04/2014, 9:35 PM
A well-deserved 3 points for Bray tonight. They've improved on last year but that was our worst performance of the season. We created nothing. Brennan and Daly have been poor this season but they reached new depths tonight. Our 'goalkeeper' was brutal again. More flapping and another goal conceded. Thankfully Schlingerman is due back next week. Back to the drawing board.

oriel
11/04/2014, 9:38 PM
Very honest Acer, have to say I was thinking you might lose over the next week or so but never saw it coming tonight.

adamd164
11/04/2014, 9:47 PM
Happy enough with that, Billy is very composed at slotting the penos away.

Acceptable point considering our injury problems, hopefully they'll clear up before Drogs next week.

MeathDrog
11/04/2014, 10:16 PM
A well-deserved 3 points for Bray tonight. They've improved on last year but that was our worst performance of the season. We created nothing. Brennan and Daly have been poor this season but they reached new depths tonight. Our 'goalkeeper' was brutal again. More flapping and another goal conceded. Thankfully Schlingerman is due back next week. Back to the drawing board.
Harsh on Daly. He is pound for pound our best player IMO. I wasn't there tonight though.

White Horse
11/04/2014, 10:38 PM

Not sure why you think that is mad.

adamd164
11/04/2014, 10:47 PM
Not sure why you think that is mad.
Because of where Sligo are :)

Charlie Darwin
11/04/2014, 10:51 PM
Just home from Richmond. Decent attendance but poor game of football from both teams, although Pats were the better side before the sending off. My first impression of the penalty/red card was that Byrne nicked the ball away as it changed direction and it seems people in the gantry agreed. Even if it was a foul, I don't see how it was a clear goalscoring opportunity when he had three players to get past, but those are the breaks. Pats look a shadow of the team they were last season. They were wasting time with over 20 minutes to go and showed no ambition whatsoever to kill the game off in the second half. If that was Dundalk or Cork, they'd have murdered us. The league winners at home 1-0 up and a man advantage trying to run the clock down for most of the second half against a side who had barely threatened all game... I've never seen anything like it.

Lim till i die
12/04/2014, 12:11 AM
Bohs are absolutely poison.

We're only slightly less toxic.

Great result to get but man was she ugly!!

Dalymountrower
12/04/2014, 7:48 AM
Bohs are absolutely poison.

We're only slightly less toxic.

Great result to get but man was she ugly!!

Both teams were poison .Limericks aggtession shaded it for them.5 yellows for them their number 3 and 10 should have had reds.
One chance and rhey took it. Re considering whether to go to Thomond to see another sisplay of hoofs and elb ows.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
12/04/2014, 8:36 AM
You'd swear Cork were the only team who ever had lads injured.

Yet another game where we should have picked up more points then we left with. Say it every week but we'll surely start to take our chances soon.

micls
12/04/2014, 8:43 AM
You'd swear Cork were the only team who ever had lads injured.

What are you talking about? The fact that people are happy with a point against a team that finished above us last year when half our ideal first 11 is injured? What's wrong with that? I'm sure most fans of other teams would feel the same.

pineapple stu
12/04/2014, 8:46 AM
Not much to complain about last night. Started off well, went ahead with a nice goal but Dundalk improved throughout the game whereas we didn't really have another gear. We were still better than last year, so can't really mind that much about being beaten by a better team.

But from being top half when we were 1-0 up, we're now a point clear of the play-offs. Familiar, but worrying. Going to be very tight down there. Feel sorry for Athlone fans on their big return, but I suppose it's worth noting that this time last year, we had one point!

Nah Nah Nah Nah
12/04/2014, 8:56 AM
What are you talking about? The fact that people are happy with a point against a team that finished above us last year when half our ideal first 11 is injured? What's wrong with that? I'm sure most fans of other teams would feel the same.

I'm talking about the fact that Cork weren't the only lads playing in Turners Cross last night who had injury problems. It happens.

Great crowd there again

micls
12/04/2014, 9:04 AM
I'm talking about the fact that Cork weren't the only lads playing in Turners Cross last night who had injury problems. It happens.

Again, I don't see your point. No one claimed we were the only ones with injury problems. No one claimed anything other than 'it happens'. People just said they were happy with the point as a result.

If we had our full squad available last night (and no injuries during the game), people would probably have been disappointed with a point. Not because we're entitled to win or anything, but because we've been on a great run, and ye've been getting poor results relative to ye're ability. However, not having the squad, and having a vital player taken to hospital means people are happy rather than disappointed with it.

PartySaint
12/04/2014, 9:15 AM
Never a Peno and never a red card, makes it even sweeter :)

Nah Nah Nah Nah
12/04/2014, 9:22 AM
Again, I don't see your point. No one claimed we were the only ones with injury problems. No one claimed anything other than 'it happens'. People just said they were happy with the point as a result.

If we had our full squad available last night (and no injuries during the game), people would probably have been disappointed with a point. Not because we're entitled to win or anything, but because we've been on a great run, and ye've been getting poor results relative to ye're ability. However, not having the squad, and having a vital player taken to hospital means people are happy rather than disappointed with it.

I hear ya!

But if we had a fully fit squad we'd be a lot higher up the table etc

All the same our performances deserve a lot more then 5 points regardless of who's on the pitch. Someone is in for a hammering some day soon. I hope.

gael353
12/04/2014, 9:34 AM
I feel out of pocket after the game in Dalymount last night. Bohs and limerick was prob the worst game of football i have ever seen. But Derick Tomney, to think that man walked out of there with €450 quid for his performance. Dishes out yellow cards (which cant be appealed) just like the first division. He would make Jimmy MaKell and Phil Cashcera (we miss you Phil honest) blush hes that bad. Good win but as LTID was saying both teams are rubbish

Dodge
12/04/2014, 9:37 AM
Just home from Richmond. Decent attendance but poor game of football from both teams, although Pats were the better side before the sending off. My first impression of the penalty/red card was that Byrne nicked the ball away as it changed direction and it seems people in the gantry agreed. Even if it was a foul, I don't see how it was a clear goalscoring opportunity when he had three players to get past, but those are the breaks. Pats look a shadow of the team they were last season. They were wasting time with over 20 minutes to go and showed no ambition whatsoever to kill the game off in the second half. If that was Dundalk or Cork, they'd have murdered us. The league winners at home 1-0 up and a man advantage trying to run the clock down for most of the second half against a side who had barely threatened all game... I've never seen anything like it.
Clearly weren't trying to run the clock down. Gas.

Murphy made 3/4 top class saves. If he doesn't Pats win handily, despite not really playing that well. Deserved winners though. Should have had a penalty after 10/15 minutes (foul on fagan) but the actual penalty awarded was a joke. Considering Sean Hoare is 19 and starting his second game in the league I thought he was superb for pats beside Browne. Pats midfield looked a bit disjointed but through injuries they haven't had a chance to gel yet

Think Rovers had 2 shots on target (both comfortable for Clarke) and no real chances. McPhail was very lucky he wasn't sent off. The tackle on Bolger's head got him a yellow and within 5 minutes he had clattered into Fahey and Brennan.

Enjoyable game though, even if scrappy.

nigel-harps1954
12/04/2014, 9:39 AM
But Derick Tomney, to think that man walked out of there with €450 quid for his performance.

What?? How do I sign up?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
12/04/2014, 9:45 AM
What?? How do I sign up?

You've a full time job with the attendance thread

Pablo Escobar
12/04/2014, 9:58 AM
I hear ya!

But if we had a fully fit squad we'd be a lot higher up the table etc

All the same our performances deserve a lot more then 5 points regardless of who's on the pitch. Someone is in for a hammering some day soon. I hope.

What really killed us last night was Darren Dennehy getting injured at the last minute. It forced us to re-arrange the back 4 and you really took advantage, albeit without scoring. In the second half Brian Lenihan was moved to left-back, where all of our problems were coming from, and was immense as usual. However, the hole that Dunleavy was leaving at the back was constantly exploited then. It was unfortunate that we had so many injuries, but as said, it happens.

Acer
12/04/2014, 10:47 AM
Harsh on Daly. He is pound for pound our best player IMO. I wasn't there tonight though.

Undoubtedly our POTY last season but his performances so far this year have been well below that standard. He's a fan favourite (well-deserved) though, so like Gav, he'll get away with it for a while but a few more performances like last night and it'll soon turn. Hopefully both pull the finger out, start taking some responsibility for their own performances and improve from here. They both have the ability to be the best in the league in their positions imo.

adamd164
12/04/2014, 12:11 PM
What really killed us last night was Darren Dennehy getting injured at the last minute. It forced us to re-arrange the back 4 and you really took advantage, albeit without scoring. In the second half Brian Lenihan was moved to left-back, where all of our problems were coming from, and was immense as usual.
Yeah I think that's pretty accurate, part of the problem at the back was that Iarfhlaith Davoren had to fill in at the last minute and it's his first competitive start of the season so he's not up to match speed. We closed off that avenue at HT and Sligo had less joy down that flank after.

SeanDrog
12/04/2014, 12:18 PM
Undoubtedly our POTY last season but his performances so far this year have been well below that standard. He's a fan favourite (well-deserved) though, so like Gav, he'll get away with it for a while but a few more performances like last night and it'll soon turn. Hopefully both pull the finger out, start taking some responsibility for their own performances and improve from here. They both have the ability to be the best in the league in their positions imo.

I'm still cold from last night - I'm going to start bringing a hot water bottle to the games.

Can't disagree with your posts on the Bray game. I would add that I think our centre midfield lies far too deep. It's clearly the tactic as O Neill effectively comes back to fill a central midfield roll when we don't have the ball! Leaving Fabio upfront on his own and then making it hard to break the siege. This gives the opposition free reign in midfield and Cassidy took full advantage last night.

Tough three games ahead - we could really of used those points last night as winter is coming (game of thrones nerd here lol).