PDA

View Full Version : Cork Game (7/4/14) Off

NeverFeltBetter
05/04/2014, 11:05 PM
In case anyone missed the announcement, the "Munster Derby" is off. Thomond pitch is unplayable after rugby game today. Was worried something like this could happen this season after seeing the surface on the first day against Bray. It's appalling.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/limerick-sport/limerick-s-match-with-cork-off-as-thomond-park-pitch-needs-remedial-work-1-5983865

gael353
06/04/2014, 12:41 AM
All our games should be fridays from now on as thomond park is ours for the rest of the year. The pitch is pretty muck as you say even before the rugby match today

LK37oldskool
06/04/2014, 6:57 AM
worse kept secret ever!

da bishop
06/04/2014, 5:50 PM
WTF,this is a disgrace.

Jofspring
06/04/2014, 8:33 PM
Was at the match yesterday and it didn't seem to overly cut up at all. We played on the pitch after games last year and the staff offered to work overtime to get it up to scratch so I can't understand why this decision was made.

bluewhitearmy
06/04/2014, 9:25 PM
One of the main things people that were in favour of moving to Thomond at the start said was the quality of pitch we would have. Thats went well then.

patrickccfc
06/04/2014, 10:15 PM
Selfishly this is good for me as i wasnt going to be able to go, so heres hoping im not working the day of the re-scheduled game. Had a feeling this was a possibility with munster playing there 2 days before the game. Gives the players a rest for the sligo game now though

NeverFeltBetter
06/04/2014, 10:40 PM
It was raining after the Munster game right? Might have had an influence on the look of the pitch to any inspectors.

One of the main things people that were in favour of moving to Thomond at the start said was the quality of pitch we would have. Thats went well then.

Really? I thought there was an immediate concern for how the place's primary sport would affect the secondary.

gael353
06/04/2014, 10:44 PM
Shoul have offered to reverse the fixture to turners x. Cork on a roll would have got a great crowd

bluewhitearmy
07/04/2014, 12:02 PM
It was raining after the Munster game right? Might have had an influence on the look of the pitch to any inspectors.

Really? I thought there was an immediate concern for how the place's primary sport would affect the secondary.

No when I said I didn't fancy the move there I was told things like the atmosphere won't matter you will be playing on one of the best surfaces in the league. In fact when I brought up the rugby part a few told me the rugby doesn't effect the pitch that much.

Treaty Gooner
07/04/2014, 11:27 PM
Second half of last season the pitch was one of the best in the league. Overuse will effect any pitch, I wonder if there's a bit of distraction going on though, Limerick hardly fancied themselves to win v Cork and this was a great way to get the game off...

sadloserkid
08/04/2014, 9:20 AM
I wonder if there's a bit of distraction going on though, Limerick hardly fancied themselves to win v Cork and this was a great way to get the game off...

I doubt it to be honest, even on a Monday you'd have hoped for a bit of a crowd against Cork, the club is in no position to be delaying income like that and it's not as though the game is going to go away either. It's unfortunate for sure but I don't believe it was anything more than that.