PDA

View Full Version : gamebookers

dahamsta
27/10/2004, 5:31 PM
Anyone got any experience/feedback on gamebookers (http://www.gamebookers.ie/)? They're asking about an affiliate deal for the site, 20% commission on revenue from referrals. BrewCrew (http://www.brewcrew.ie/) were in touch about an affiliate deal in the past too, told them to bugger off at the time.

adam

James
27/10/2004, 5:40 PM
no EL betting
f**kem :)

tiktok
27/10/2004, 5:47 PM
gamebookers do have EL betting. :confused: , not that I've won anything :o

I occasionally pop in to have a look at their site ;) , it's decent, I've never had a problem with them and I have to admit that whenever I've contacted anyone associated with the site I've gotten prompt and friendly responses, it's well run IMO.
having said that, I'd be slow to 'affiliate' (whatever that will mean in the small print) with any betting site. www.dangerhere.com has a deal with gamebookers too and it's gotten a bit much the number of posts/plugs to do with betting on their forum.

I'd contact their webmaster and find out if the financial reward has been worth it.

dahamsta
27/10/2004, 5:59 PM
having said that, I'd be slow to 'affiliate' (whatever that will mean in the small print) with any betting site. www.dangerhere.com (http://www.dangerhere.com/) has a deal with gamebookers too and it's gotten a bit much the number of posts/plugs to do with betting on their forum.Jeez, I'd never do that tiktok. If I was gonna do it it'd be along the same lines as the Google ads -- dump em in the corner and if they make a few quid, how bad. All I want really is a few quid to cover the domain and the vB licence, and maybe a couple of pints at the end of the year. :)

Was thinking of adding subscriptions, what would ye think of that? Boards.ie is a fiver a month or fifty for the year, but they offer journals and all sorts of garbage I doubt Foot.it users'd be interested in (and I wouldn't be interested in providing). Guess it depends on how many people sign up. Anyway, I'm not in a rush to do any of these things, just thinking out loud.

adam

James
28/10/2004, 8:08 AM
are you ireland.com in de skys?

get us all hooked then slap on a charge ya fecker :)
haha

Macy
28/10/2004, 8:18 AM
Was thinking of adding subscriptions, what would ye think of that? Boards.ie is a fiver a month or fifty for the year, but they offer journals and all sorts of garbage I doubt Foot.it users'd be interested in (and I wouldn't be interested in providing). Guess it depends on how many people sign up. Anyway, I'm not in a rush to do any of these things, just thinking out loud.
Subcriptions as in Pay per view? To be honest any site/service that has gone subscription I haven't paid (and most have gone back to free)....

Is boards.ie an optional extra? As I've never had any requests for money...

dahamsta
28/10/2004, 10:16 AM
Optional subscriptions, with extra features. Give me some credit, please.

adam

Macy
28/10/2004, 10:29 AM
Optional subscriptions, with extra features. Give me some credit, please.

adam
Okay, sorry :o :D

dahamsta
28/10/2004, 6:36 PM
So much for them. User madjack (http://foot.ie/member.php?userid=3492) is Eddie Lee from Gamebookers, who spammed the site earlier on in the week. Well done to Éanna for spotting it. I don't deal with spammers.

adam

Jon'o
28/10/2004, 7:24 PM
one fourm my mate posts on has advertising on the site, they dont really worry about who advertises but they just ask that all members of the site click on the link a couple of times a day and close the window when its loaded so the site gets the referal money.

just a plan seems to work for this other site :D

dahamsta
28/10/2004, 9:47 PM
one fourm my mate posts on has advertising on the site, they dont really worry about who advertises but they just ask that all members of the site click on the link a couple of times a day and close the window when its loaded so the site gets the referal money.Unfortunately, if you do that with Google ads, and they spot a pattern, they'll kick you off.

adam

pete
01/11/2004, 3:30 PM
I don't use PP anymore as Gamebookers much better for el betting - seem to have odds up early for most matches & give number of options on score, score etc that PP (FAI official bookmaker :eek: ) almost never do...

Don't know anything about them commercially but no probs losing money with them ;)

Think they were doing free irish jersey recently...