PDA

View Full Version : youth

Limerick Boy
27/10/2004, 4:38 PM
i find it odd the way liam costello was signed for limerick. i know he's young an has bags of potential, but the truth is that at the moment he would not make any of the top premier sides in the desmond league, there are far better players then him out in the d.league. until limerick have an u21 team they should be lookin out to find players who have the ability now rather than in 3-4 years time. players such as tom mcdomnaill, joe kelliher, eoin o connor, maurice murphy would have been bettter propositions imo. also limerick should look to sign the vast majority of wembley, corbally and regionals youth teams for a 21's team next year. i hear they have some right good players? dean earls, paul danaher etc etc

clownboy
28/10/2004, 7:26 AM
Limerick have barely enough money for the senior team let alone a minor and U21 team..Hopefully next year if there is a takeover...Limerick can re-enter an U21 team...

inexile
28/10/2004, 8:06 AM
i agree clownboy the structure just isnt there at the moment, admittedly the talent is there especially as they could pick from the clare desmond limerick and even some of the tipp leagues plus the kerry league but id say they would even struggle to get a manager

joeSoap
28/10/2004, 8:44 AM
players such as tom mcdomnaill, joe kelliher, eoin o connor, maurice murphy would have been bettter propositions imo.
Who are these lads, who do they play for??

willie john
28/10/2004, 8:49 AM
lets start a short list for the under 21 manager for next season .
1.joe soap
2.john purcell
3.mos wife
4.john collins
5.my cat
because thats what we are looking at by keeping mike as manager next season like look at his only summer signing liam costello a good lad but was never going to take us off the bottom of table has he even scored yet ???????????????????he would have been better of putting john purcell as a striker WE NEED A NEW MANAGER AND NEW BLOOD

Terry
28/10/2004, 9:30 AM
We'd gladly take Kerley off your hands if ye don't want him. Infact hows about a straight swap for Mannion? :)

clownboy
28/10/2004, 11:50 AM
lets start a short list for the under 21 manager for next season .
1.joe soap
2.john purcell
3.mos wife
4.john collins
5.my cat
because thats what we are looking at by keeping mike as manager next season like look at his only summer signing liam costello a good lad but was never going to take us off the bottom of table has he even scored yet ???????????????????he would have been better of putting john purcell as a striker WE NEED A NEW MANAGER AND NEW BLOOD

Willy John ...whats all the negativity towards Kerley ...The man has done an excellent job since he took over ...Anyone would have struggled with the loss of nearly a whole first team of players...And believe me its a lot harder than u think to get players even good experienced Junior let alone senior players to sign For Limerick ..MU sound like a man thats sour cos he did not ask you...Maybe u should ask him for a trial if you think u can do any better or apply for his job yourself ...Im sure that there is more than just Galway that would want Keley and believe me Limerick certainly dont want Mannion

fc hammer
28/10/2004, 9:56 PM
get a grip clownboy whos holding up the el!!hopfully new ragime new manager and all that!!Mike may make a good coach but Limerick need a more experienced manager to attract some fairly high profile players if thier going to sucseed in promotion. lets face it whats the point of signing players from junior clubs when they need to get seasoned campaigners to play for the club and the only way to attrect them is to employ a high profile manger..

bring on the north bank.......