Malahide United 2-1 Tolka Rovers
Belgrove/Home Farm 1-0 Drumcondra
Leixlip United 1-2 St Patricks CY
Avondale United 4-1 Carrigaline United

Three more to go, all playing tomorrow:
St Michaels v St Francis, Cooke Park 3pm
Swilly Rovers v UCC, Swilly Park 11am
Bluebell v Phoenix, Red Cow 11am

Typically, next round draws on the Monday following the matches (even if replays are still pending), but next round matches aren't until the weekend of 08 June, so it could be a couple of weeks ...

balls
27/04/2014, 5:16 PM
Saint michaels won 2-1

nigel-harps1954
27/04/2014, 8:24 PM
UCC beat Swilly 2-1 today.

Johnnie C
30/04/2014, 6:10 PM
Anyone know when draw for round 2 taking place ?

killer"B"
11/05/2014, 5:50 PM
Anyone know when draw for round 2 taking place ?

FAI Ford Senior Cup – Round 2 Draw

Dundalk
Vs
Sligo Rovers

Belgrove/Home Farm
Vs
Finn Harps

Drogheda United
Vs
Cockhill Celtic

Limerick
Vs
Bohemians

Cobh Ramblers
Vs
Derry City

Derry City
Vs
Longford Town

Wexford Youths
Vs
Bray Wanderers

Shelbourne
Vs
Waterford United

St Pats CY
Vs
St Pats Ath

Mayfield Utd
Vs
Malahide Utd

Ballynanty Rovers
Vs
Phoenix FC

U.C.C
Vs
St Michaels

U.C.D
Vs
Galway

Collinstown FC
Vs
Avondale Utd

Cork City
Vs
St Mochtas

Sheriff YC
Vs
Shamrock Rovers

oldlegs
11/05/2014, 7:21 PM
Ucc st micheals be good game

killer"B"
11/05/2014, 7:52 PM
Ucc st micheals be good game
Has to be a win for st micheals some season to date for them

razor
01/06/2014, 3:21 PM
Avondale 1up, Chubbs

KUFCMan
01/06/2014, 3:42 PM
Any latest on Mayfield V Malahide Utd?

razor
01/06/2014, 3:49 PM
Avondale 2up Fitzy

razor
01/06/2014, 4:53 PM
Collinstown 0-2 Avondale FT

razor
01/06/2014, 6:20 PM
Mayfield beat Malahide 3-1 so said the RTE news but I think Malahide won 3-1

Shuffleruns
10/06/2014, 6:03 PM
when is the third round draw?

razor
10/06/2014, 10:55 PM

July 25th

Shuffleruns
15/06/2014, 4:25 PM
Latest on St. Micheals v UCC game, anyone?

duckdu
15/06/2014, 5:35 PM
Latest on St. Micheals v UCC game, anyone?

4_2 michaels

killer"B"
26/07/2014, 10:32 PM

​Full FAI Cup 3rd rd draw:

Wexford Youths v Finn Harps;
St Michaels v Avondale Utd;
Ballynanty Rovers v Drogheda Utd;
Cork City v Bohemians
Derry City v Malahide Utd;
St Patricks Athletic v Shelbourne;
Dundalk v Galway United;
Shamrock Rovers v Longford Town

The Donie Forde
27/07/2014, 10:17 AM
Derry appear to have an amazing propensity to be paired with non-league sides every season - or is that just my imagination?

Paul mc
02/08/2014, 8:09 PM
Derry appear to have an amazing propensity to be paired with non-league sides every season - or is that just my imagination?

Was it blarney they had last year, or the year before?

Chiefscout
24/08/2014, 6:24 PM
St michaels 0 Avondale 1

Sparks
24/08/2014, 6:36 PM
St michaels 0 Avondale 1
Any report? Team lineups etc??

razor
24/08/2014, 7:24 PM
Finished 0-0, even enough throughout, horrible conditions all day, Michaels had the better of the last 10/15 but bar a deflected shot narrowly wide, created little.
Dale had a huge penalty shout denied in the first half but didn't create a whole lot.

nononsense
24/08/2014, 7:30 PM
St michaels 0 Avondale 1
Incorrect. St.Michaels 0, Avondale 0. Replay at Avondale next Saturday k.o. 6pm. Played in persistent rain the game saw two strong defences dominate. St.Michaels probably had greater share of the play but were weak up front. The Tipp Town side were short 4 of their F.A.I. Junior cup winning side including their two strikers Slattery and Quinn. The longer the game went on the more Avondale were content to play for a draw. As a Tipperary person I don't know any of the Avondale players. They are a good footballing side and will probably fancy getting through at home.

Glenbuck
25/08/2014, 12:22 AM
St michaels 0 Avondale 1 Yellow card. Nil all draw.

Chiefscout
25/08/2014, 6:30 AM
Yellow card. Nil all draw.
Posted result that rte news at 6 showed.my bad and damn those rte fools

razor
25/08/2014, 8:32 AM
Posted result that rte news at 6 showed.my bad and damn those rte fools
Yeah I got a number of texts from folks who knew I was going up who saw that on the 6pm sports news.
Seemingly they called out 0-0 but displayed 0-1. (bet they wouldn't have got a GAA result wrong :D)

pateen
25/08/2014, 9:33 PM
Incorrect. St.Michaels 0, Avondale 0. Replay at Avondale next Saturday k.o. 6pm. Played in persistent rain the game saw two strong defences dominate. St.Michaels probably had greater share of the play but were weak up front. The Tipp Town side were short 4 of their F.A.I. Junior cup winning side including their two strikers Slattery and Quinn. The longer the game went on the more Avondale were content to play for a draw. As a Tipperary person I don't know any of the Avondale players. They are a good footballing side and will probably fancy getting through at home.

I would have gone to it if I had been home. Was there a big crowd in Cooke Park for it?

razor
26/08/2014, 12:33 PM
Was there a big crowd in Cooke Park for it?

Not really, you can see the crowd from the highlights.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10317317/

go to 25:00

razor
29/08/2014, 11:26 AM
Replay moved back 30 minutes to 5.30pm to allow for extra time and penalties if required.

razor
30/08/2014, 6:17 PM
Dale 1up at HT, Michaels had a pen saved

nigel-harps1954
30/08/2014, 7:03 PM
Any update on this? Can't seem to find anything online.

Would assume they'll be looking to play the quarter final on the Sunday too or will they be requesting a change in venue to maximise financial potential?

razor
30/08/2014, 7:19 PM
Dale won 2-0, Both ended with 10 men and Michaels missed another pen

nigel-harps1954
01/09/2014, 10:08 PM
Any idea when a decision is to be made on venue and date/time razor?

razor
01/09/2014, 11:18 PM
Any idea when a decision is to be made on venue and date/time razor?None yet.

Will be talking to the chairman tomorrow, can ask him then.

nigel-harps1954
02/09/2014, 9:49 AM
Rumours are afloat around here itll be on the Friday night in Turners Cross. Avondale want their own ground but both FAI and Harps want the cross due to potential support size, lack of seats and facilities for elderly travelling fans.

wesleyBHFC
02/09/2014, 3:35 PM
Rumours are afloat around here itll be on the Friday night in Turners Cross. Avondale want their own ground but both FAI and Harps want the cross due to potential support size, lack of seats and facilities for elderly travelling fans.

Makes more sense to play it in the crosss. When is the game fixed for?

razor
02/09/2014, 4:12 PM
Makes more sense to play it in the crosss. When is the game fixed for?
Weekend after this is the set weekend.
City have no game that weekend but the cost to Avondale in renting the Cross for the game would be the only sticking point.

Juan Sheet
02/09/2014, 4:21 PM
City have no game that weekend but the cost to Avondale in renting the Cross for the game would be the only sticking point.

How much would renting the cross set you back? Surely the admission would cover it?

razor
02/09/2014, 4:25 PM
How much would renting the cross set you back? Surely the admission would cover it?not sure.
but as far as the gate receipts go, the first 7.5% go to the FAI, then the home team get 65% of the remainder with Harps getting 35%.

nigel-harps1954
02/09/2014, 7:34 PM

Reckon the cost would be no problem once they're guaranteed a big crowd in the Cross. Wouldn't imagine there'd even be half the same size travelling support if there was no spectator facilities, as well as the floating Cork City fans that'd probably take in the game in Cross.

Superkeeper
02/09/2014, 9:35 PM
I can see Avondale staging this game in Avondale park, should they rent the cross and have to pay the crazy referees fees it would surely cost them money! play them at home at try and cause a upset.

nigel-harps1954
02/09/2014, 10:05 PM
I can see Avondale staging this game in Avondale park, should they rent the cross and have to pay the crazy referees fees it would surely cost them money! play them at home at try and cause a upset.

It's not about the match itself. There are no spectator facilities. That's where the problem lies.

Besides, referees fees will have to be paid no matter where it's played, so your point there is irrelevant.

Sparks
02/09/2014, 10:56 PM
It's not about the match itself. There are no spectator facilities. That's where the problem lies.

Besides, referees fees will have to be paid no matter where it's played, so your point there is irrelevant.

Just do what everyone else has too do down in Avondale and stand there and watch the match! Thats the joys of been drawn away!! Besides I think the poster above was talking about why should Avondale be made rent a pitch any where? It's an unneeded expense too them on top of the referees costs when they have a perfect pitch already just cuz a few away fans want a seat too be able too sit on!! Tough! !

old-head
02/09/2014, 11:04 PM

Harps average home attendance is probably 500-600. How many of them will undertake a 10 hour round trip to go to the game? Probably 10%?
Facilities... Avondale are sound enough I'm sure they'll get ye a few seats, Lennox chipper sponsor them so I'm sure they'll have a chip van and their toilets work!!
Hope they get the go ahead for Avondale park... Be a great atmosphere!!

nigel-harps1954
03/09/2014, 10:31 AM
Just do what everyone else has too do down in Avondale and stand there and watch the match! Thats the joys of been drawn away!! Besides I think the poster above was talking about why should Avondale be made rent a pitch any where? It's an unneeded expense too them on top of the referees costs when they have a perfect pitch already just cuz a few away fans want a seat too be able too sit on!! Tough! !

I have stood and watched matches in some of the worst grounds in Donegal and some of the worst grounds in the League of Ireland. Don't forget, Finn Park is no Nou Camp.

That's also besides the point you keep missing. There's elderly folk that travel to Harps away games and this will be no different. Are they going to be told "Tough" too? That's perfectly alright for you and for me, but for an 80 year old woman, it's not so good and the least that can be expected as a seat for them after travelling a couple of hundred miles.

Harps average home attendance is probably 500-600. How many of them will undertake a 10 hour round trip to go to the game? Probably 10%?
Facilities... Avondale are sound enough I'm sure they'll get ye a few seats, Lennox chipper sponsor them so I'm sure they'll have a chip van and their toilets work!!
Hope they get the go ahead for Avondale park... Be a great atmosphere!!

Harps average home attendance this season alright, but you underestimate a Donegal bandwagon, and indeed a Finn Harps bandwagon. Last season we had an average attendance of around 400, but for one big away trip to Galway, we had close to 200 people for a match there against Mervue United.
There's expected to be around the same travelling to Cork for the Quarter Final of the cup and the club are looking into a hotel deal for a bus load of fans.

I'd feel sorry for Avondale if they had to rent Turners Cross, but put it this way, if the FAI forced it through, they'd have to stump up the cost of Turners Cross for the game, or at least subsidise the cost of the ground.

Likewise, if Harps managed to get through to the semi, there's worries over the potential suitability of holding of a semi final in Finn Park, having only 400 seats.

razor
03/09/2014, 3:32 PM
I'd feel sorry for Avondale if they had to rent Turners Cross, but put it this way, if the FAI forced it through, they'd have to stump up the cost of Turners Cross for the game, or at least subsidise the cost of the ground.

Likewise, if Harps managed to get through to the semi, there's worries over the potential suitability of holding of a semi final in Finn Park, having only 400 seats.
They have received the list from the powers that be, they'll sift through it and I guess weigh up.
Maybe installing a temporary seating area might be more cost effective.
Would these OAPs also be wanting Complan at half time do you know? :D
Presume the cup will seriously affect the crowd for Cobh this weekend.

As for a rental of Turners Cross, I don't think you'd get 700/800 even with City having a weekend off.
Not sure what you'd charge, suppose it'd have to be €10, last Saturday was €5.
Maybe play it during the day and eliminate the cost of floodlights?

Juan Sheet
03/09/2014, 3:41 PM
They have received the list from the powers that be, they'll sift through it and I guess weigh up.
Maybe installing a temporary seating area might be more cost effective.
Would these OAPs also be wanting Complan at half time do you know? :D
Presume the cup will seriously affect the crowd for Cobh this weekend.

As for a rental of Turners Cross, I don't think you'd get 700/800 even with City having a weekend off.
Not sure what you'd charge, suppose it'd have to be €10, last Saturday was €5.
Maybe play it during the day and eliminate the cost of floodlights?

Sunday at 2pm would probably be in the best interests of all parties involved,young people and not so young people