doyler,flynny

intersting

what do u think is the major factor to this run

for me,its the pairing of doyler and flynny...lethal

James
27/10/2004, 3:48 PM
interesting post there corner

i wudnt underestimate the impact of having both greg and hoggie back too
players that love and fight for cork city , plus i think woodsie is one of the most underestimated players this season.

thecorner
27/10/2004, 3:50 PM
may i also add

cockney rebel not able to get into the side and colins injury

Colm
27/10/2004, 3:51 PM
I think having Greg back in the team is a major factor, it's just a pity that Danny Murphy can't play aswell!

I also reckon the return to form of Flynny, Doyler's recent goals and Gamble's performances are major factors.

yiddo
27/10/2004, 3:53 PM
All the things mentioned have had an effect but IMHO the main things are Gamble is a better holding midfielder than Colin and Doyler playing in his right position up front. Flynnie back in song was no harm either of course ;)

thecorner
27/10/2004, 3:53 PM
there seems to be a lot of factors involved for such a short run though :eek:

tiktok
27/10/2004, 3:56 PM
For me the main difference is Doyler up front :cool: .

Although, I have to admit that the shape if the team looks much better when only one of George/Fenn and one of Colin/Gamble are on. Woods has looked better on the right too than he did with players other than Hoggie behind him.

Peadar
27/10/2004, 4:00 PM

Winning 7 games in a row.
Yep, definitely, winning 7 games in a row is the key factor to this run! :D

ccfc4ever
27/10/2004, 4:35 PM
Winning 7 games in a row.
Yep, definitely, winning 7 games in a row is the key factor to this run! :D

:p nice one, really made me smile!!
really lookin forward to friday now. win lose or draw im city till i die.

sooo proud of the whole team. ledgends in the making.

COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmc105
27/10/2004, 6:24 PM
there also seems to be a slightly different approach now in that the focus is always entirely on just the next game. in the past city always seemed to get a bit freaked out by the big occasion - like the derry game: tough match, away from home, couldn't afford to lose - in the past it would have been a poor performance, poor result and everyone scratching their heads afterwards going "i don't know what went wrong...". instead we played well and secured a great result. makes me confident about friday night - i can see the boys going up there and just enjoying their football - if they do they've every chance...

niamh
27/10/2004, 6:31 PM
For me it has it be the difference up front, coming from Fenn being dropped and Doyler and O'Flynn combining better.
Also Joe Gamble has just been getting better and better in the last few games.

Fair_play_boy
27/10/2004, 6:42 PM
For me, the factors are:
1. There seems to be an attitude in the team where nobody is a star in his own right, just part of a good team.
2. Good players are on the bench just a warm up away from regaining their places, so nobody is taking his place for granted.
3. Dolan and the squad went through a rough patch which could have gone either way. We can see which way it went. :)
4. Greg seems to bring the best out of the players around him. When he is on the pitch, it seems everybody wants to give 110%. 2 months ago, for example, would we have seen Georgie making a 70 yard run to provide cover for the defence, and then clear a shot off the goal line?

Gary
28/10/2004, 1:43 PM
when u look back at this recent run, there is few things that pop up

the emergence of gamble

I feel that Gamble and George in midfiel together is certainly the most major factor. No disrespect to Colin, but Gamble is doing a great job there, and is totally let George loose to go forward.

pete
01/11/2004, 3:11 PM
Gamble looked dodgy in first few games back but so much better now.

We also seem to have changed style considerably too - pace of Doyle & Flynn in attack with Billy on the wing getting early crosses in. Even Kearney is playing like traditional winger now when in the past would have linked inside with George or Fenn.

Old style suited for europe & better to watch but not as effective.

Doyle in attack gives great option as he will chase the ball all game & can hold up effectively plsu will score more than he'll miss.

max power
01/11/2004, 3:18 PM
meeting a half ar$ed longford team twice before the cup final ;)

thecorner
01/11/2004, 3:20 PM
meeting a half ar$ed longford team twice before the cup final ;)

dont get caught lads....IGNORE

max power
01/11/2004, 3:23 PM
sorry corner but that is a serious point, look at the team yee played in the flansiro, digger and deano were rested and baz was out cause of final suspension and his wife had a baby 24 hrs before.

it was half a longford side, ur support that night was good though.

ollie
01/11/2004, 3:44 PM
i think its been the back 4 as a whole has tightened things up.hoggy and greg coming in helped a lot there.if you look at the run we've hardly conceded any goals.we're always likely to score some with doyle and flynn.