PDA

View Full Version : 5 or 7-a-side game!!

KR's Post
27/10/2004, 4:25 PM
As we are playing you lot on the last day,would any loyal and regular monaghan fans be interested in a 5-a-side or a 7-a-side game before the game. Like lets say at 4p.m or 5 p.m. Obviously one of you would have to book the astro turf pitch because we can't get up there, but it would be a great send off for the season. Are there an astro turf pitch near by??? We have a team that have won 2 tournaments against Kildare County and Blackburn Rovers fans but saying that we are not very competitive and only up for a good craic. You lot could wear your kit and we could wear our kit. Anybody willing to organise a Monaghan United Supporters Club team??? Responses, i'll be waiting... :) :) :)

KR's Post
28/10/2004, 1:34 PM
As we are playing you lot on the last day,would any loyal and regular monaghan fans be interested in a 5-a-side or a 7-a-side game before the game. Like lets say at 4p.m or 5 p.m. Obviously one of you would have to book the astro turf pitch because we can't get up there, but it would be a great send off for the season. Are there an astro turf pitch near by??? We have a team that have won 2 tournaments against Kildare County and Blackburn Rovers fans but saying that we are not very competitive and only up for a good craic. You lot could wear your kit and we could wear our kit. Anybody willing to organise a Monaghan United Supporters Club team??? Responses, i'll be waiting... :) :) :)
No responses? Ah c'mon Monaghan it'l be fun,and we'll go easy on you!!!!!!!

Roo69
28/10/2004, 1:35 PM
No responses? Ah c'mon Monaghan it'l be fun,and we'll go easy on you!!!!!!!

Roo69 Wispers "they dont have any fans, hence the lack of response !" :D

KR's Post
28/10/2004, 1:48 PM
Hee,Hee,Hee. i thought a fan on this site would have responded. Ah Well,we'll just have to keep beating our Kildare County friends!!!!! :)

aidz1
28/10/2004, 2:23 PM
a brand new astro park is located adjacent pitch within chp perimeter
wrt getting a 5aside organised, it has been mooted on the mons website
so...watch this space....but dont hold yer breath mate ;)

KR's Post
28/10/2004, 2:52 PM
Ok cheers. Let me know what the situation is. thanks.... :)

shankilwanderer
08/11/2004, 9:41 PM
Tarzan, I captained our team twice, but you are making it out that we are the best, I know we are good, and it would be a good laugh but i dought it will go ahead. There average attendence is probably not high enough for a 5-a-side match, but we shall see.... :rolleyes:

Hopefully it will go ahead. Come on get a team togther, even get the cows from behind the pitch to play.

TheJamaicanP.M.
08/11/2004, 9:46 PM
I dont think Monaghan have enough fans for a 7-aside. Maybe enough for a 5-aside. :D

CollegeTillIDie
09/11/2004, 12:11 AM
Mons don't have enough fans?

You obviously did not include the cows then :p

monutdfc
09/11/2004, 9:00 AM
Well if you hadn't all been as insulting I might have tried to organise a team but I won't now...
...ok, I'll see if we can drum up some interest in the supporters club

KR's Post
09/11/2004, 12:19 PM
Well if you hadn't all been as insulting I might have tried to organise a team but I won't now...
...ok, I'll see if we can drum up some interest in the supporters club
Fair play to you mate. Looking forward to hearing from you. Better hurry up though as it's approaching quickly!!!! If you want to get in contact with our secretary in the supporters club,call 087-9968969,he'll be delighted to talk to you!!!!! :)

KR's Post
09/11/2004, 12:24 PM
Tarzan, I captained our team twice, but you are making it out that we are the best, I know we are good, and it would be a good laugh but i dought it will go ahead. There average attendence is probably not high enough for a 5-a-side match, but we shall see.... :rolleyes:

Hopefully it will go ahead. Come on get a team togther, even get the cows from behind the pitch to play.
Blah blah blah. i'm the star striker!!!( yeh right!!!) me,andy,you,derek,marky, and two others maybe MR. White and Lyn or whoever you want, Danny and that other guy who's name i've forgotten!!!! P.S. will you ever get back to college work and stop dossing about!!!! :p ;)

shankilwanderer
09/11/2004, 12:45 PM
Blah blah blah. i'm the star striker!!!( yeh right!!!) me,andy,you,derek,marky, and two others maybe MR. White and Lyn or whoever you want, Danny and that other guy who's name i've forgotten!!!! P.S. will you ever get back to college work and stop dossing about!!!! :p ;)

Top scorer first time round :) second time round scored the winning penality. I have names of who i want to play, if they can play. seen as its on friday they might not be able to make it, but i have up my sleave. ;)

monutdfc
09/11/2004, 3:16 PM
Fair play to you mate. Looking forward to hearing from you. Better hurry up though as it's approaching quickly!!!! If you want to get in contact with our secretary in the supporters club,call 087-9968969,he'll be delighted to talk to you!!!!! :)

I was talking to Dermot this morning on another matter - the question is whether the game will be rescheduled - it depends on this weekend's results we reckoned.

monutdfc
15/11/2004, 2:44 PM
The astro pitches are all fully booked up on Friday evenings - sorry :(